Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Darkhawk boss turned the month of enjoyment& excitement into a month of frustration & disappointment

2»

Comments

• Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    My first run of Master I didn't read the abilities and was taken by surprise. My bad. Second run I was more cautious and defeated him. Then the third run: I got there with a full health team of 5* duped 5/65 Blade, 6* Hawkeye, 5* R4 duped Hawkeye, 5* R4 Yondu and 5* duped R4 Hulk. First to go was Blade. He dashed from the beggining, managed to dodge the first one, not the second and dead! A 5 hit combo fell a 5/65 5*. Next fight, Hulk, I avoided the initial dashes, but he was so reluctant to throw his SP2 that he cornered me and eventually hit me: dead. Next, 6* Hawkeye: rinse and repeat as with Hulk. Dead. Then Yondu. It went much better and when he was down to 30% or so, I messed up with his autoblock and ended up dead. Finally 5* Hawkeye: rinse and repeat as Hulk. Dead. Decided not to bother with it anymore.

Also did Uncollected. It was way easier to bait that first SP2.
  • Options
    KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    edited December 2018
    Not sure if my game is on tonight, or i’m just getting lucky - but I just beat Master DH for the 3rd time, twice today, with no revives or potions used.

I’m not uncollected or anything, but Awakened Stark Spidey helped me 1 shot him two times in a row.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Not all these EQs can always be completed, I remember during the one right before Infinity Thanos I could come nowhere close to 100% on uncollected, I barely made it past master. This month, I found master to be tougher, in UC there was almost zero lag and DH cooperated way more. If you lag out or he just won’t cooperate, back out and try again. I nearly beat him in one shot with Blade- whose bleed doesn’t work on him- almost every run. It’s all a matter or strategy and patience. Energy refill costs less than a revive. Plenty of videos on how to beat him too.

I don't think you understand the effect this EQ has had. It's not just your usual "Not all content is made for everyone." situation. The amount of people hitting brick walls is large. It's a combination of the lag issues AND the degree of challenge. It would be highly challenging with perfect controls. People with higher Ranked 5*s and 6*s are dying out on Master. While I agree that Energy is cheaper than Revs, let's not minimize the situation. It's altogether a miss.

This is so strange to me. Like I said before, I never experienced the lag. That stinks for those that did. I actually thought this was a good month for a legends run. I didn’t quite get the run I wanted, but I smashed the hell out of Master Darkhawk. One death. And I’m a good, not great, player.
  • Options
    SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    the start of the fight is pure BS. Started with null armor which gives him light and medium hits unblockable, as well as starts with 2 bars of power. My second fight he went straight to 5 straight lights/medium hits and I never got a hit off. Dead... and since it’s the AI, of course he gets his hits in before you can even dash back. Just pure money grab this EQ!!!
    Guess they want all those potions we got from halls of healing back last week, and then some.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    Not all these EQs can always be completed, I remember during the one right before Infinity Thanos I could come nowhere close to 100% on uncollected, I barely made it past master. This month, I found master to be tougher, in UC there was almost zero lag and DH cooperated way more. If you lag out or he just won’t cooperate, back out and try again. I nearly beat him in one shot with Blade- whose bleed doesn’t work on him- almost every run. It’s all a matter or strategy and patience. Energy refill costs less than a revive. Plenty of videos on how to beat him too.

I don't think you understand the effect this EQ has had. It's not just your usual "Not all content is made for everyone." situation. The amount of people hitting brick walls is large. It's a combination of the lag issues AND the degree of challenge. It would be highly challenging with perfect controls. People with higher Ranked 5*s and 6*s are dying out on Master. While I agree that Energy is cheaper than Revs, let's not minimize the situation. It's altogether a miss.

This is so strange to me. Like I said before, I never experienced the lag. That stinks for those that did. I actually thought this was a good month for a legends run. I didn’t quite get the run I wanted, but I smashed the hell out of Master Darkhawk. One death. And I’m a good, not great, player.

Yeah, it's disappointing. For me and for my guys. They're pretty frustrated.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    I ended up spending all the Resources I made from the Anniversary, the ones I already had, and hundreds of Units on top of that. Took him down once. I'm letting it go. I'm 85% done Act 4. I'll finish Exploration. Less stress, and the Rewards are better. At least I'll get another R4. I might play with it again before it ends, but scratch that. Not worth the stress.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I did okay fighting him on Master, got wrecked first go in UC. But that was inexperience, and I have a plan for 100%.

However, my kid does play on Android, and had to be pretty innovative to defeat the lag in Master DH. She got him with Hyp, who escalated in power using heavies faster than DH built armor. But baiting that first special really, truly sucked for her. No 100%, I think.
  • Options
    JC2018JC2018 Posts: 15
    In case this helps anyone, I explored Master by using the same strategy as with the Collector— I.e., assume I will take lethal damage and work around it using Hulk’s synergies. With Hulk + Thor Rag + Heimdall you can take lethal damage twice and still usually get in major damage on Darkhawk. Hulk Ragnarok or Luke Cage (+Hemdall) could get you the same thing.
  • Options
    VgerVger Posts: 39
    JC2018 wrote: »
    In case this helps anyone, I explored Master by using the same strategy as with the Collector— I.e., assume I will take lethal damage and work around it using Hulk’s synergies. With Hulk + Thor Rag + Heimdall you can take lethal damage twice and still usually get in major damage on Darkhawk. Hulk Ragnarok or Luke Cage (+Hemdall) could get you the same thing.

This. This is exactly what I did, too. Heimdall kept me alive long enough to get some damage in after a lethal hit, then I just chipped away at him, and eventually beat him. Once. And used 23 revives in the process. And he fired off SP2 only 6 times out of 28 fights. As might be obvious, I'm not really very good at this game despite playing since 2015, and I've never had a tougher time with Master level. I 100% it every month until this one. I can sometimes complete UC, but not usually, and it's always quite a difficult challenge for me to get through even once. This month, master was like that, which is ridiculous. There is no reason to make it harder to get the same rewards you are used to getting at one difficulty level, but that's what Kabam did. So, yeah, I finished Master one time, but I agree with OP, this month sucked big time and had me on the verge of quitting.

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    My other kid figured out that Red Hulk can convert the sp1 into heat charges, and thus did not need to constantly press him to sp2. 1 shot him, the little jerk. Even fully evaded the sp1 after he got max heat charges. Sickening. I’m immediately trying rhulk in uncollected, with domino/Masacre synergy.
  • Options
    MikeBeasMikeBeas Posts: 28
    I’ll also add to my original comment that I am uncollected (although I’m not the best), and have been playing since a few months after the game came out. I’ve never seen an event quest this hard on Master difficulty.

Wish I had Heimdall to make it easier but I don’t. Events shouldn’t rely on a single champ or a small handful to make them beatable, though!

Also sorry for the double post earlier. I tried to edit my original post but it said it couldn’t be found, so I reposted, but after logging out and in again my first one reappeared. Whoops!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ah yes, another Fun and Interactive™️ fight.

oatnje23ajae.png
  • Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Managed to defeat him on master,what a relief after so much tries scarlet witch with her rng managed to take health of him so I could ko him.
  • Options
    Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    edited December 2018
    I’ve just 100% master and still got the last map to go on uncollected be the first time 100% uc just gotta figure out how to deal with thorns node and I’m golden
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I found this one to be strictly a technical fight. Once you understood how he works (and managed to survive the ridiculous start of the fight considering that lag), he wasn't too bad. Bait his special at the start, parry/heavy to get him out of stealth mode, dance around until he's out of shield mode, then attack using only lights and heavies and bait his sp1s. If you use a heavy or special or take him to his sp2, you need to repeat the process.

I found that once you get this down, any
    champ that does good damage from normal attacks and has enough health to absorb his sp1s can take him. I was able to beat him with SL, Hulk, And P2099. Hyp was good, but since you typically use heavies and specials when using him, it was a harder fight, imo.
  • Options
    jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    I'm not doing uncollected this month. Master alone is a pain in the ass and I haven't had issues with Master since King Groot, and he was my first time running that difficulty.

They started the year admitting Uncollected was too hard and reevaluating the difficulty. After a brief decrease with Sentinel and Sabretooth, they ramped it right back up again. Screw them.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    jaylerd wrote: »
    I'm not doing uncollected this month. Master alone is a pain in the ass and I haven't had issues with Master since King Groot, and he was my first time running that difficulty.

They started the year admitting Uncollected was too hard and reevaluating the difficulty. After a brief decrease with Sentinel and Sabretooth, they ramped it right back up again. Screw them.

When did they admit Uncollected was too hard? I'm pretty active on the forum and I don't recall that. As far as this EQ it looks like it's either easy or virtually impossible depending on whether you got the lag issues, but the intended difficulty isn't bad. If you don't have lag and can't do the fight that's on you.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    jaylerd wrote: »

I advice you to at least try UC. Althought Darkhawk has more HP, he is buffed as the Master one (so you are by now familiar with it) and he is easier to bait.

Last year, by this time, we had Iceman on skirts and MODOK /MODOK Labs (if I remember correctly), which was hard enough. This time of year they have to pay Christmas bonus, so they ramp it up. And as long as there are guys that say «it's ok, you need to get good, I one shot him with my credit card» they will keep ramp it up.
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I kind of agree with this. My biggest issue with this month and last month's Aegon fight is the whole limited time frame that you have to deal with in completing. For end-game story quest stuff that's permanent, over the top fights like these are ok because you can just walk away for a while and come back any time. And that content should be really challenging to complete. With the monthly, you have no choice but to keep hammering away at them if you want to get them completed. Especially that Aegon fight. Ugh.

On the flip side, though, they do need to come up with ways to generate revenue, and this definitely does the trick. Let's not forget that the guys who use their credit cards to complete keep the lights on :-)
  • Options
    I’m sure Kabam has the ability to see how many players have faced this boss, wiped out, and restarted the quest, then compare that to the number of times that happened for previous event quests and see that there’s a problem.

There really needs to be a response to this. Doesn’t have to be free stuff, I just want an explanation for why this shipped and an assurance that they won’t do it again.