**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Master harder than Uncollected?

I mean I have experienced and seen videos and read write ups and they all show that bosses , especially this EQ’s Darkhawk is a lot more aggressive in master than in uncollected, he basically passive. And with the buffs he has at beginning the fight like null armor making his light/mediums unblockable. He hardly even uses his SP2 which he starts off with 2 bars. He just dashes towards you and straight use 4-5 unblockables. Then your dead. Just seems backwards, shouldn’t uncollected be harder since if your uncollected odds are you have a much better lineup, especially in a roster of 5* and 6*’s than if your at master level.

Comments

• SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63

sbdjdk wrote: »
    Aggressive ai makes it easier and maybe you just got unlucky with some of your runs. Master isn’t harder than uncollected

While I respect your point of view, usually aggressive would be easier, however the buffs given to him, make this time reversed.
    And unlucky is an understatement. I’ve done 5-6 runs through to darkhawk. Get to him with little to no health missing from any of my 5 champs. Get to him and in those 5-6 runs, he’s used his SP2 a total of 3 times. And every time I start fight I dexterity back to bait his SP2, however he just dashes forward and hits nothing but 4-5 unblockables in a row. I’m just shaking my head going really??!!!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lies
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    if you have sparky, his taunt might help with baiting. also I mostly used heavies with hype and it was okay in both uc and master (except first uc run, when it was bagged and you just couldn't do a thing before getting hit - did it mostly with hulk/rag thor sinergies)
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I don't agree at all that master is harder.
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    edited December 2018
    Aggressive ai makes it easier and maybe you just got unlucky with some of your runs. Master isn’t harder than uncollected

Uh, actually yes it is. Both have the same exact buffs on Darkhawk, which he shouldn’t, as nothing below that has those same buffs. Master and Uncollected are supposed to be different from each other, but the only difference in them is the bosses Star Level.

As for being unlucky, is it unlucky that 90% of the time you can not bait Darkhawk into using his 2nd and because of that stupid buff giving him Unblockable, he will easily wreck an entire team with just a few hits.

Quite simply, Kabam considerably f-ed up this month’s EQ. Too many buffs and debuffs that quite frankly contradicted each other. Making Master just as hard as Uncollected ( even Uncollected players were complaining about Master Darkhawk and how he just as difficult to defeat as the Uncollected one). And just the normal stupidity we’ve come to experience from this game.

Hopefully, they have learned from this absolute cock up and will do better with next month’s EQ. Of course, this is Kabam we’re talking about, so I highly doubt it.

• BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Master DarkHawk is not harder than Uncollected DarkHawk.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    They are basically the same. Main difference is health and attack. If the initial hit doesn't kill you, lag could. I mainly used Hyperion if I got lucky on first dexterity and heavied him to death. Also shield mode is easier to deal with than stealth mode.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Master quest is not harder than uncollected. Darkhawk was a breeze in masters. And you had a better chance to have 100% health on all champs going through lanes in master then you did in uncollected.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i wont lie, i hate doing fights in masters due to the less aggressive AI, but i had literally no problems baiting his sp2... im not even considered a "good player" in many eyes. learning to properly bait specials is the important thing about this EQ. that fight in itself was stressing patience.
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    Jaded wrote: »
    Master quest is not harder than uncollected. Darkhawk was a breeze in masters. And you had a better chance to have 100% health on all champs going through lanes in master then you did in uncollected.

I think it depends on the roster. If a player has a roster of dupped high level 5* and 6*’s and he plays them in master level, yes it’s going to seem easy. But try master using mostly R5 4*’s with maybe 1-2 5*’s unawakened, etc. then say that. Most people doing uncollected now have a rather high level roster, and use them in the master level. I mean I have no problems wrecking heroic level with my roster. But like he said earlier there’s a huge difference in the buffs you go against between heroic and master where master and uncollected have the exact same buffs, but heroic and master there’s a huge difference.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I think it depends on the roster. If a player has a roster of dupped high level 5* and 6*’s and he plays them in master level, yes it’s going to seem easy. But try master using mostly R5 4*’s with maybe 1-2 5*’s unawakened, etc. then say that. Most people doing uncollected now have a rather high level roster, and use them in the master level. I mean I have no problems wrecking heroic level with my roster. But like he said earlier there’s a huge difference in the buffs you go against between heroic and master where master and uncollected have the exact same buffs, but heroic and master there’s a huge difference.

No. You’re talking about 1 fight that has buffs in masters, the boss. Where as uncollected is full of challenging buffs on all lanes except 1. You have a higher and better chance to make it to the boss with your entire roster intact in master eq then uncollected. Then uncollected you have a much higher health and attack pool to deal with on the boss.

This argument is nonsense that masters was harder this time around. Smh.

Uncollected eq I used my best team as per usual. For masters I used who ever was available.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I was genuinely curious so I just did a run in Master with nothing but 4*s. Beat Darkhawk with no items used. It was harder with 4*s and I had to be more careful than I would with a better team. It was also much easier than uncollected. People need to stop with the whole master is harder thing. It’s not.
  • Rafikii wrote: »
    i wont lie, i hate doing fights in masters due to the less aggressive AI, but i had literally no problems baiting his sp2... im not even considered a "good player" in many eyes. learning to properly bait specials is the important thing about this EQ. that fight in itself was stressing patience.

Agree, AI is so slow. It's like farming ROL. Painful lol.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    And every time I start fight I dexterity back to bait his SP2, however he just dashes forward and hits nothing but 4-5 unblockables in a row. I’m just shaking my head going really??!!!

I don't know how I managed to complete 1 round. Anyway, when DH refuses to use his special 2 immediately. I will attack. Then the lag starts and I can't dex back and got whacked.

I gave up but maybe you can try intercept and see how (assuming there is no lag in gameplay).

• BartekBartek Posts: 1
    Difficult event = more units will be spent
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★

While I respect your point of view, usually aggressive would be easier, however the buffs given to him, make this time reversed.

@sbdjdk @Soulreaveras This is confusing. So an aggressive AI is harder or easier? Sure... from 1 point of view. But not from another. For example...

View Point A: The aggressive makes it easier, as it encourages him to throw his SP 2 more quickly.

View Point B: The aggressive makes it harder, as it encourages him to pin you to the wall while Unblockable.

Neither view point is better than the other. Your opinion on it being harder is simply an opinion based on your personal experience. Others experiences might tell them differently though. Comparing apples to oranges here... & its going nowhere Lol.
    Bartek wrote: »
    Difficult event = more units will be spent

Event = some will find it difficult and choose to spend. Some will figure out how to beat it and get better at the game. Some will give up and call it a money grab. Next month rinse/repeat. None of which has anything to do with the topic

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I do agree master dark hawk was more of a pain in the arse then uncollected. Uncollected as a whole was more difficult. Passive ai sucked. I restarted lanes in master a ton, solo uncollected all but once no issue.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I just did all dark hawk fights yesterday..7 master and 1 uncollected..and yes uncollected was easier because of aggressive AI..I was able to two shot uncollected one with medusa cuz I mistimed blocks like the noob I am in my first run and died due to block damage..but those master fights were irritating..first he wouldn't throw his sp2(that is if I survived the initial lag and frame drop) and then when I was in corner after baiting out his sp2,he would come close to me and just stand for a second before using his heavy...yea I did beat him one way or another and even managed to one shot him thrice but that passiveness of AI in master was a pain
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    it only sucks when he doesnt launch his s2 right away or if the game lags (at the worst time I should mention at times) and you cant dash back
    other than that hes pretty easy to fight. do mll after his s2 launch and just parry and heavy but remember after he is knocked down he gets his stealth mode which can cause missed hits
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    I don't agree at all that master is harder.

If you don't it's ok but please don't discredit other person's experience. He made a forum post to highlight an issue and you don't have to comment on everything.
    If the uncollected is easier, do it with only 4*s
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    master was so much i mean by far much more easier