**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

A solution for pure skill

Hi,
We know that after 12.0 the armor break system changed and pure skill mastery totally lost its utility. You already bypass armor on crits.

Why instead of applying armor ignore with pure skill, you can change it to get extra crit rate and damage? Like a PS 5/5 will have a 80% crit increase or something like that

Thanks for your attention

Comments

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Let's say 30% increase... 80% would be worse than Mystic Dispersion.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Pure Skill 5/5 before 12.0 was dealing insane damage on crits! my L99 R5 BW was doing 10k damage on last kick of SP2 on crits. Now maximum 4k :(
  • Smiley100Smiley100 Posts: 19
    @YoMoves, crit hits ignore 65% armor. Widow was a beast before 12.0. Her lvl 2 crit hit was 10k easy. Now I'll be lucky to get 5 k on her lvl 2 special. And yes lvl 4 and 5 cores as expensive. 120 total core =3600 units.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    or when you crit, you Defensive Ability Reduce enemy by 10% per level. So at max level, a crit against a NightCrawler would have half the chance to be evaded
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 159
    No bad ideas, hopefully the team will announce something. It's time to finish the pure skill "situation"
    @Kabam Miike another idea I had reading thor abilities is that he gets some armor penetration together with the AB. Why don't you guys add some Armor penetration to the current Pure Skill setup? It should help with the damage I guess
  • eteodoro7eteodoro7 Posts: 17
    Any news? I have the units to spend...
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I'm actually quite surprised Pure Skill Mastery got swept under the rug. This really needs to be addressed soon or at last units refunded for people that bought it.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Instead of crit rate it should be crit damage then you could even out the damage from the old armor ignorance
  • WrongWrong Posts: 51
    I finally gave up and moved my 5pts off of pure skill. Maybe if they ever make it worthwhile i'll move them back.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I think Pure Skill should be a small boost to critical rate and damage but the main thing should be giving the Skill champs a controlled evade similar to Nightcrawlers BAMF evade.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    It's been far to long on this situation @Kabam Miike
    Seems the best solution is to change Pure Skill entirely. Would be great to see Mutant, Science, Cosmic and Skill all overhauled to be honest. Every class should be powerful masteries like mystic and tech. Maybe that way everyone wouldn't just use mystic.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Cosmic Mastery could provide Poison resistance to those who aren't Poison immune or resistant I.e. Venom and Sym. Spider-Man.

Science Mastery should provide a chance to Armor Break as well as Energy Resistance.

Mutant Mastery should be decreasing the duration of all debuffs as well as a small heal (maybe mutant specific Willpower?)

Skill Mastery (well see my suggestion that's above)
    and still nothing here!? Seriously?
    Not even an update..that's the frustrating part.
    Last month I mentioned this was happening, pure skill dilemma was being swept under the rug. I had people responding saying no one cares, the issues too small and get over it. But the issue is important to a lot of people clearly and we deserve an update and some sort of resolution
    Totally agree @313rd especially because I wasted 2k units to unlock R4 months ago (pre 12.0)!! I used my R5L99 BW in AW and was a real badass. Now she hits like LC! It's really a shame that we don't have an official answer yet! @Kabam Miike
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The whole 12.0 ordeal was poorly handled and thought out. We were told months ago this was being looked into yet have had no updates. This was an expensive yet good mastery that was rendered useless. It has since been ignored and treated like it is unimportant and we are expected to just forget about it along with everything invested in it. There have been lots of great ideas for changing it that Kabam has just ignored. It's obvious that it has been swept under the rug and this thread will be ignored as well
  • SlankSlank Posts: 9
    @Kabam Miike,

The Pure Skill situation really needs to be addressed as it's clearly been ignored or forgotten. A lot of us spent a lot of units to make our skill champs better within the system that your devs designed but that system is broken. Please give status.
    Please @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @Kabam Valkyrie

Just resolve this situation, and let's be done with it. We have all witnessed the team address "bigger" and "smaller" issues a lot faster and with more info. We don't have a lot of resources to use to get action. All we can do is post more and more comments. But please give us something to understand about this situation.
    Still being ignored I see, and the description still reads critical hits ignore x% of enemy armor. Since the 13.0 update, all crits ignore armor, so this whole mastery is basically worthless.
    Another issue I see is that Iron Fist armor break is completely useless when he stacks more than x2. The applied armor break is strong enough to zero the opponent armor, meaning that Iron Fist signature ability when duped is pretty useless. Same applied to spider gween and all those champs who can stack up Armor breaks.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @Kabam Valkyrie this is a global game issue which should be solved widely across the game. It would be nice to have a feedback from you guys!

TY
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Clearly not going to do anything an are hoping enough time goes by that people will either forget or just stop asking
    Well, I will keep posting here. They can't ignore us forever
    People make a post about being banned and get immediate reply and thread closed by mods, talk about pure skill and they won't even acknowledge it. Obviously they are ignoring the issue and sweeping it under the rug. Really sad how blatant their intentions are.
    Hello everyone!
    Don't let this thread die please! The topic concerning the class mastery was discussed also by @BrianGrant yesterday in his video. I totally agree with him and we need to get an official answer from the moderators @Kabam Miike
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why is it too hard for kabam to address this, they are very fast giving their 2 cents in irrelevant post or post that are not as important as this. Pure skill takes almost 5000 units. Guess what? That equally to what willpower cost. We did get a compensation for thst snd props to kabam but we need them to do the right thing with pure skill.

Kabam please give us an answer. Give us the compensation we deserve. After 12.0 pure skill was destroyed due to the challengervrating mechanics. You keep treating your customers who support your product like this and mass exodus will keep happening!
  • I agree. I have spent almost 640000 loyalty and some units to top up when I have been close to a next level. Pure Skill does virtually nothing so what did we use all those resources for? An extra 100 or so damage on crits? I am very unhappy with the lack of response. Support told me there is nothing they can do. We have purchased something that is neither fair value or not doing what it was intended to do. A refund/reimbursement is certainly not asking too much. Why Kabam is dragging its feet here, is very disconcerting and certainly damages my faith and trust I have in them. Until it is resolved, I personally will not be spending money on a game I feel that is not looking after the needs and concerns of its consumers.
    Also I'm shocked by the fact that they want to add freaking 6* champs to milk the whales even more and not bothering to fix all the major issues they have in the game (Pure skill is an example).
  • AngelDorantesAngelDorantes Posts: 16
    Kabam has been silent about Pure Skill for months, they did Acknowledge that lvls 4 and 5 are useless, still haven´t offered a solution for those of us who spent a great deal to max it out.
    plenty minor and major updates have happened since they nerfed Pure Skill, yet no fix or compensation.

@Kabam Miike We need resolution regarding Pure Skill ASAP.