**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Maze!

1101112131416»

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Anyone tried Loki against The Champion? I want to know how well he works, as well as the number of hits taken

My alliance mate did and he works great against him

I actually went there today with him, and got the opposite result. After consuming all his furies (and run out of persistent charges), the regen counters the damage for the entire battle
  • Emeira23Emeira23 Posts: 2
    Guys, this is ridiculous! We’re supposed to spend a lot of units on revives and potions for this event and the prizes are a joke!

I spent 920 units (mostly because took Thanos path that consumes a lot of them) and ended up leaving because it was not worth it for an alpha 2.

I feel cheated by kabam, tbh, the company was always relatively serious on relating prize to difficulty level and this was pure robbery! If upper management changed recently, change it back ASAP to more serious people, as this was just plain dishonest!

I play this game for 4 years (since launch in 2014) and did all events but Chloe’s, but from now on I’ll wait for people’s feedback on the forums before entering a possible money grab like this one. I suggest you all do the same!
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    The overwhelming sentiment surrounding this event is that the rewards are not in line with the difficulty. I tend to agree with that. I'm personally curious (and it might be helpful to Kabam) to find out where people's personal levels of "worth it" reside.

What if, instead of the Maze, Kabam released a unit offer containing the following:

1 T2 Alpha Catalyst
    7,000 5 Star Shards
    25 5* Signature Stone Crystals
    350,000 Gold

These are the same rewards as fully exploring the Maze.

If this offer came up for 500 units, would you buy it? What if it came up for 5,000 units?

What is the highest number of units you'd personally spend for these rewards if they came out as a standard offer?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir wrote: »
    It appears that Infinity War Thanos’ L2 animation was changed a bit. It is now harder to identify which are the real projectile. There’s a good thread in reddit about this. Thanks for the heads up, kabam :s

All projectiles looks the same. And now, 4x of them are real, when last time only 2x were real.
    Either he was buff or he is just broken ...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    It appears that Infinity War Thanos’ L2 animation was changed a bit. It is now harder to identify which are the real projectile. There’s a good thread in reddit about this. Thanks for the heads up, kabam :s

All projectiles looks the same. And now, 4x of them are real, when last time only 2x were real.

Good to know other players have noticed this too
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    It seems to me that The Champion’s ability to go unstoppable has also been sped up. It was much more manageable in Uncollected and the Champion clash events. You could see it coming and back off. Here he goes unstoppable almost instantaneously.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

They always looked (mostly) the same to me. I'm a bit color blind lol. I could see the difference, just not well enough to react fast. It's discrimination!!!!
    edited December 2018
    They always looked (mostly) the same to me. I'm a bit color blind lol. I could see the difference, just not well enough to react fast. It's discrimination!!!!

The bubbles are now mostly whole instead of hollow, I didn't notice a difference in their color. See the below video at 9:27 for reference:

https://youtu.be/Q7bjdx76wFI
  • WackerlieWackerlie Posts: 55
    I can't get thru 1 of these long fights without the game glitching in return knocking me out. That's cool there's more content for questing each month. so in return try to add a few questing revives here and there
  • LucasBishopXLucasBishopX Posts: 28
    It’s unfortunate enough that Uncollected monthly event quests offer NO titles for completion/exploration.

I don’t understand why a quest as difficult as the Maze has no title for the amount of effort it takes to fully explore this limited time challenge?
    It’s unfortunate enough that Uncollected monthly event quests offer NO titles for completion/exploration.

I don’t understand why a quest as difficult as the Maze has no title for the amount of effort it takes to fully explore this limited time challenge?

Titles won’t mean anything until Mercs stop clearing end-game content for other players
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Did my initial pass on both accounts. I have no intent to do rest -> this coming from a guy who 100% variant on both accounts within the first few weeks.

Don’t get me wrong I like challenging content, but if the rewards don’t justify it I don’t bother. Once you finish variant and have 4+ r5 5*, 1 t2a some sig stones and 5* shards is pretty meh.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Just did 100% on maze

As i said before, great content ..

But rewards could have been much better

Also the Thanos on right hand side is bugged .. that was the revive sink for me.

Rest of the fights were ok once u find the right counter
  • thetaman23thetaman23 Posts: 43
    3k05ri71o14o.png
    I completed one path of the maze and I will never again. The rewards are underwhelming compared to the difficulty of the event. However it was a nice challenge.
    @Kabam Miike Can you guys talk to the developers about not silently buffing champions for future content without telling the community? The Right Thanos's sp2 bubble animation has been changed from it's original animation this past May to be significantly more difficult to tell when to evade. Here're screenshots and links to videos to support this comment:

Right Thanos (The Maze):
    zsb8qqd7bplw.png
    nfcvnwyk7kft.png
    https://youtu.be/m-CK-D3Q924

See video at 1:53:23

Right Thanos (Uncollected Infinity Nightmare Event Quest):
    4gtmemhep4j5.png
    06qnddschwd7.png
    https://youtu.be/Q7bjdx76wFI

See video at 8:50

The above video timestamps are for screenshot references, there are multiple instances of being able to see this difference in the videos. Thanos's sp2 bubbles were easier to distinguish as being hollow/clear or whole this past May, his Maze version's bubbles are all nearly indistinguishable and evading the bubbles that look different can still lead to your champion being hit.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I didn't even attempt it. Rewards were horrible. Not worth the units i would spend to beat it. This is the first challenge that i completely skipped. There should be not time limit on content this hard. If it's meant for end game players, then it should be permanent. Period! Even if you have several rank 4 and 5 champs, if you don't have the right champs you are not beating this. That's the bottom line. When creating content, the developers need to make it so at least 50% or more of champs in the game can have a shot. There are probably 20 or less champs you can take into this quest that makes the fights bearable. If it was permanent content with better rewards then i would definitely eventually spend to beat it. Oh well..... save my money for Varient and Act 6 i guess.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I didn't even attempt it. Rewards were horrible. Not worth the units i would spend to beat it. This is the first challenge that i completely skipped. There should be not time limit on content this hard. If it's meant for end game players, then it should be permanent. Period! Even if you have several rank 4 and 5 champs, if you don't have the right champs you are not beating this. That's the bottom line. When creating content, the developers need to make it so at least 50% or more of champs in the game can have a shot. There are probably 20 or less champs you can take into this quest that makes the fights bearable. If it was permanent content with better rewards then i would definitely eventually spend to beat it. Oh well..... save my money for Varient and Act 6 i guess.

I’m not sure if the “50% or more” standard is the correct one, but I would agree that emphasis on the right champ isn’t the direction the game should go unless the game team plans on allowing Summoners to have increased ability to pick their champs (whether via class specific crystals, “add a star” or otherwise—which I think would be terrible ideas).

If you want a broad, loyal player base, pRNG driven outcomes aren’t compatible long-term with champ-specific content requirements. It says a lot about the product that there isn’t any content (as far as I know) that specifically requires champs like an IP, a She-Hulk, a Colossus, an Iron Fist, a Magneto or a War Machine.

Dr. Zola
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    make a title disponible for exploring it we deserve it
  • LiamS1990LiamS1990 Posts: 96
    Was a good idea but 1 run was enough for me. I took the Korg-symbiote supreame- Aegon- iceman-5 guillotine then to champion boss. That was probably the easiest of the paths. The rewards was not worth it in my opinion. Or make it permanent content so people can try different paths when they build there rosters like varient.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    So out of touch with player base/customers plain and simple. Events for a while have not been fun at all. It’s just what all can be added to influence spending. Just gets worse and worse.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I think designing permanent game content that requires a certain champ to complete is fine. It gives incentive to rank champs that you might not necessarily do otherwise. For time-limited content, it's not appropriate, imo.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If they made this permanent content between rol and lol it would be awesome. Truly a good addition. Making it timed and so exclusive was just out of touch completely.