**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Offseason and the AW Burnout Issue

Comments

• Well, I see many more speaking up about it being too short. Indifference doesn't equate to desire for 1 week off either. The few that want to push through do not seem to outweigh those that want the 2 weeks off. Or so it seems.
  • Kurama05Kurama05 Posts: 5
    100% Agree. We need a break of AW season cuz 1 week is a little time. We need to collect more resources and boosts. I hope you Kabam change the date.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Uppercut wrote: »
    One week break is ridiculous
    So right! Should be zero, rewards can’t come fast enough. Too bad a small percentage of players are attempting to hold everyone else up because they choose to play at a level where they need to build resources in excess of the seasons length.

Zero only because (depending on where your ally lays tier-wise) it’s a waste of resources to use on an off-season match. Otherwise the week seems reasonable for anyone making roster changes
  • Two weeks downtime. Please. We are begging you
  • Team_SlyTeam_Sly Posts: 85
    100% 1 week is too short, Kabam you are burning out everyone, we need a decent break in between AW, this is causing to much pressure on alliances, absolutely reconsider this please, the game was meant to be fun not a choir, you are killing any enjoyment I liked in Aw.
  • pd187pd187 Posts: 26
    Omitting the profanity that was my initial reaction to this, I'm letting my alliance choose what we do through a poll and I'll likely be skipping it unless filler is needed.

We already were doing just 1 BG last war season because of the bleed over onto Christmas Day (which made me feel like such a Scrooge) and New Years Day due to how the whole mode works (war starting on Sunday, placement lasting most of Monday, and Attack Monday night/Tuesday). I felt the break between Season 5 and 6 should've been the rest of the month of December. Yes, not everyone celebrates Christmas (I don't) but that doesn't mean they will not be caught up doing family things or school things (like finals) or any end of year work things.

We aren't very high up (Silver 2-3) so we aren't going to get anything "good" anyway. That's fine because we aren't trying to be the best.
  • Hello! I'm a plat 3 player and I'd like to respectfully ask that the one week break be extended to a two week break. AW seasons is a very stressful part of the game that takes up nearly all of my resources. I rely on these two week breaks to recover my energy and my resources. I use this time to play other content, such as variant difficulty. With a one week break it is incredibly rushed and not relaxing at all. This is a scramble to get stuff ASAP before seasons or I risk getting kicked because I do not have the resources to play AW at the level my alliance requires. I want to be able to play and compete in AW seasons and the best way to do so is to have a two week recoup period. I need this time if I want to play this game. That you for reading kabam!

On a scale of importance I would say this two week break is more important than any changes to the current AW setup, including, and not limited to: a fix of the matchmaking system (whatever that entails), any AW global nodes or changed difficulty, the fixing of timing issues for AW matchmaking. I would argue this is more important than developing any new end game content because we end game players won't have time to play it without this break. PLEASE just delay AW one more week. I, and many others, would really appreciate this.

P.S. We would have more time to die in variant and spent units and money reviving XD

• Everyone is not in agreement that the shorter break is essential. There are players saying they are indifferent to the shorter break and some even saying they prefer the shorter break. You aren't saying you want them to listen to the players, you are demanding that they listen to specific players, and ignore the others. Personally, I'd be happier with a longer break, but that doesn't mean the players that don't suddenly became invisible to me.[/quote]

My reply to those not in agreement to an increased break is to try being an Officer. Or at the very least be appreciative of all the free and hard work their O’s are doing on their behalf.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Our words are likely to fall upon deaf ears. They waited til matchmaking was active to allow us this information. This SHOULD have been announced during the last week of Season 6, not today. We were told during the 1 week break between 5 and 6 they weren't ready to do the new Global Buffs and wanted to kick it off. Forgiven. But they also said we'd have 2 weeks to check out the new ones. New ones aren't ready again. That doesn't mean we need to jump right back into it after 1 week break AGAIN. Prove us wrong Kabam. Prove you're listening, and give us that 2nd week. We're not asking for blood here. We're asking for time. We had to push through the Holidays AFTER only having a week off. Now you're starting the year with what's essentially a lie. Don't tell us one thing and do something completely different after everyone made it CLEAR 1 week off was too little last time. The new Global Nodes aren't ready. That's FINE. That has 0 to do with giving us the extra week, as we had 2 weeks off before the Global Nodes even existed. If ANYTHING this would be beneficial for both the company and the playerbase. Would give the Kabam crew an extra week to figure things out for Season 8. Please, listen to us. The stress is real. It needent be increased.

Everyone is not in agreement that the shorter break is essential. There are players saying they are indifferent to the shorter break and some even saying they prefer the shorter break. You aren't saying you want them to listen to the players, you are demanding that they listen to specific players, and ignore the others. Personally, I'd be happier with a longer break, but that doesn't mean the players that don't suddenly became invisible to me.

Hmm. I would argue indifferent is a much different opinion then the majority of players who are struggling to maintain AW season resources. This break is a recoup time. How do you feel when your breaks get slashed with so little warning? It's not fun. That is what is happening here. I'm asking for some consideration, thats all. :)
  • oneringtoruleoneringtorule Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    with all this new game content coming out practically every day, there’s little time to catch your breath. burnout is real. the struggle is real. I started out playing about an hour a day, & lately I feel that 3-4 hours a day now is not enough time in to get all my goals met with all the new event quests, aq, aw, arena, dungeons etc...give us 2 weeks KABAM!!!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Our words are likely to fall upon deaf ears. They waited til matchmaking was active to allow us this information. This SHOULD have been announced during the last week of Season 6, not today. We were told during the 1 week break between 5 and 6 they weren't ready to do the new Global Buffs and wanted to kick it off. Forgiven. But they also said we'd have 2 weeks to check out the new ones. New ones aren't ready again. That doesn't mean we need to jump right back into it after 1 week break AGAIN. Prove us wrong Kabam. Prove you're listening, and give us that 2nd week. We're not asking for blood here. We're asking for time. We had to push through the Holidays AFTER only having a week off. Now you're starting the year with what's essentially a lie. Don't tell us one thing and do something completely different after everyone made it CLEAR 1 week off was too little last time. The new Global Nodes aren't ready. That's FINE. That has 0 to do with giving us the extra week, as we had 2 weeks off before the Global Nodes even existed. If ANYTHING this would be beneficial for both the company and the playerbase. Would give the Kabam crew an extra week to figure things out for Season 8. Please, listen to us. The stress is real. It needent be increased.

You conveniently missed out the part on Matchmaking optimizations
  • MoshneMoshne Posts: 16
    These super short breaks are killing alliances and many of those players just quit, not go elsewhere. Reconsider.
  • WillWill Posts: 5
    100% agree 1 weeks break is not enough. Not enough time to re-stash boosts and potions which are essential for higher tier
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Plantesan wrote: »
    You do realize the seasons were 2 months long with the 2 week cooldown period originally, right?

I understand wanting the break, and understand the burnout (pretty sure everyone secretly is done with aw) what I am wondering is what could be done to allow for loyalty collecting that doesn’t force seasons down everyone’s throat.

Well it was 2 months long with 1 month cooldown period originally.
  • QueqqueeQueqquee Posts: 48
    For whatever plans you have kabam, you can always do another one week break later on in the year. Doing a back to back is too much.
  • boss6390boss6390 Posts: 35
    What you are doing with a one week break is a very smart move and allows us players who need end game material to get those rewards faster. Thanks
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Plantesan wrote: »
    You do realize the seasons were 2 months long with the 2 week cooldown period originally, right?

I understand wanting the break, and understand the burnout (pretty sure everyone secretly is done with aw) what I am wondering is what could be done to allow for loyalty collecting that doesn’t force seasons down everyone’s throat.

Well it was 2 months long with 1 month cooldown period originally.

Ah...silly me on that one. Either way, the point of aw being the main source of loyalty (outside of the daily 1k from helping ally) for higher AQ maps is ridiculous
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    If map 6 weren’t so expensive I’d quit competitive war and focus exclusively on AQ. You’ve had many many players and even content creators say openly that the current war setup is burning out players, and fracturing alliances. Yet two offseasons in a row you cut the downtime in half? I appreciate all the cool stuff happening in game but this is really uncool. To top it off, boosts are still completely random and I haven’t gotten the boosts I need in weeks. Here’s to hoping they show up every day this week!
  • ProphetzzzzProphetzzzz Posts: 1
    Boost up the amount of people that get the prizes. I spent crazy money and recieved nothing for it this year. Prophetz
  • Exactly @Rope . I've seen mny a player retire due to the pressure from AW Seasons. I enjoy the competition. It is fun. However, there is such a thing as too much. As others have said, to remain competitive, you have to push through when the Season is on. As an Officer, it can be stressful keeping everything flowing forward. Between filling in open slots, defense layouts, updating the diversity lineups, making lane swaps when someone is unavailable, etc... it can get a little hectic. Throwing the Holidays in the mix, it was a ROUGH Season, and it would appear many were looking forward to a couple weeks off the grind.

When I initially announced to our Alliance earlier today that we'd be taking it easy this weekend and only running 1, MAYBE 2 wars... I got DMs thanking us (leadership) for it. We all just pushed through the Holidays full steam. A few players are STILL on vacation and we made it work none the less. As I said before, many are in agreement that 2 weeks would be much better than 1 off. I know we don't speak for everyone, but the majority seem to agree.

We can only hope that this gets taken into consideration. I do like the idea proposed, giving the Alliance a choice of Global Nodes. It would indeed make things interesting. I just can't seem to wrap my head around how giving us only 1 week off will help matters. You'd think 2 weeks off the Season would give everyone more time to get things in order. The players and Kabam. Maybe I'm missing something here. Just can't figure out how it pertains to the aforementioned things. I get that AW Season promotes more playing, and in turn, more items being spent. I get that. How that pertains to making changes to AW is beyond me.