**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lets find a compromise on trading

MaximumOverloadMaximumOverload Posts: 44
edited January 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
Currently im running two accounts this is my alt and my main has terrible luck 8 five stars all meh to unusable levels but on my first 5* on the alt i hit the jackpot A.K.A iceman in the spirit of that lets see how we in theory could make our theoretical trading system. I think ground rules would be the account trading would have to be 2 months old and you can only trade a champion once every year or have a cooldown depending on rarity, To prevent accounts being made and trading over OP characters then ditching the accounts .We would also have to make it so the champions being traded are equal rarity level and rank to prevent any champs being sold or people giving lesser players huge advantages. Would love to hear what you guys have to say about this theoretical trading system and any improvements or flaws you see in this

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I mean, I wish it was a thing, but people are good at circumventing the system and exploiting stuff. If people were dependably honest, it would be great, but they aren’t, so i feel like it would never work.
  • Melt_BahanaMelt_Bahana Posts: 16
    edited January 2019
    The problem with this solution, although it would be nice, is how does it make kabam money?
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    This would never work. It would be abused and bot accounts would be selling champs. Trade 5* Kamala khan for a stark spidey would be happening
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Any trading system would have to deal with the fact that it is trivially easy to make MCOC accounts and calendar rewards are actually really good on a time scale of a year. I could literally make an unlimited number of accounts that would draw one or two 5* crystals for zero game play, and simply trade to my main account any good pulls.

Forcing the accounts to be any amount of time old would have zero deterrent effect. Forcing them to have a certain amount of progress (like, say, must be level 40 or higher to trade) would just create a black market for dead accounts.

In fact, the very reason you want to trade is something I would consider an exploit: you are trying to front load all the good pulls into your main account using pulls from an alt account that you control. Is there any system you can think of that would let you do that with your one alt account, and would prevent someone else from doing it with two accounts, or three, or three dozen?
  • MaximumOverloadMaximumOverload Posts: 44
    edited January 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Any trading system would have to deal with the fact that it is trivially easy to make MCOC accounts and calendar rewards are actually really good on a time scale of a year. I could literally make an unlimited number of accounts that would draw one or two 5* crystals for zero game play, and simply trade to my main account any good pulls.

Forcing the accounts to be any amount of time old would have zero deterrent effect. Forcing them to have a certain amount of progress (like, say, must be level 40 or higher to trade) would just create a black market for dead accounts.

In fact, the very reason you want to trade is something I would consider an exploit: you are trying to front load all the good pulls into your main account using pulls from an alt account that you control. Is there any system you can think of that would let you do that with your one alt account, and would prevent someone else from doing it with two accounts, or three, or three dozen?

One thing not being taken into account is the luck factor if an account took lets say 3 months to get a single 5* crystal the luck element could still screw you over it could take 2 years statistically to get even a somewhat good champion because even if an exploit is found to bypass and securities the system has in place there is a huge chance that you get nothing for your effort

Also to prevent spam accounts being made all that would have to be done is check the age of the email address or how much mail it has received or just make better spam protection but this is just speculation kabam doesnt care about making its accounts harder to create like most games it just cares about how many players it has not an insult just a common factor
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Also if its an exploit then its damn well deserved my main has drax - meh venompool - terrible civil warrior - terrible yondu - goodish on defence doesnt do much else for me Howard the duck - useless rocket racoon - useless spiderman classic - useless and mephisto - meh and ive got over 10 T2 Alphas sitting around collecting cyber dust you see my dilemma here

One thing not being taken into account is the luck factor if an account took lets say 3 months to get a single 5* crystal the luck element could still screw you over it could take 2 years statistically to get even a somewhat good champion because even if an exploit is found to bypass and securities the system has in place there is a huge chance that you get nothing for your effort

The way to account for that is to simply create a lot of accounts. There's no real limit on the number you can make and use for trading purposes.

The probability that I would get nothing for my effort, if I was doing this, is zero.

Also if its an exploit then its damn well deserved my main has drax - meh venompool - terrible civil warrior - terrible yondu - goodish on defence doesnt do much else for me Howard the duck - useless rocket racoon - useless spiderman classic - useless and mephisto - meh and ive got over 10 T2 Alphas sitting around collecting cyber dust you see my dilemma here

Yes, your dilemma is you think you deserve more than you're getting, and you're trying to alter the game rules to get what you want in a way the game operator would have to be brain dead to allow. That is definitely a problem.

None of this is hypothetical. This comes up time and time again in MMOs. This is extremely well-travelled ground.
  • MaximumOverloadMaximumOverload Posts: 44
    edited January 2019

Yes, your dilemma is you think you deserve more than you're getting, and you're trying to alter the game rules to get what you want in a way the game operator would have to be brain dead to allow. That is definitely a problem.

None of this is hypothetical. This comes up time and time again in MMOs. This is extremely well-travelled ground.

is there any reason your being quite frankly toxic on a regular post I mean its was just a post i got the idea for after pulling the iceman in question and I thought that there must be some work arounds so I asked for the communities help rather than a attack on it
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    There is a compromise, some want it, some don't. We compromised and we don't trade.
  • IKON wrote: »
    There is a compromise, some want it, some don't. We compromised and we don't trade.

thats not what was meant but you do you mate