**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Emma Frost Sp1 vs. Ghost

ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
Faced this issue in war, and decided to recreate it in a duel. Ghost is phasing and the special attack clearly misses (it says miss) but Ghost still gets hit and takes damage. Is this a bug, or is it just a psychic attack reaching between quantum realms?

https://youtu.be/BOWpwcnMeEk

Comments

• Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Unless you have hood synergy, ghost will take damage.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    @Arham1 well, Ghost isn't supposed to be hit while phasing anyway, so it wouldn't be an issue in the first place
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Hit or not, she still takes damage....why would they even introduce the hood synergy then?
    I don't think you're getting the point, any other special 1 would miss her completely, and that's the issue
    The damage is fine, I had hood in war and I wasn't damaged, but the problem is that it made contact and it's not supposed to
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Emma Frost has all attacks not being able to evade. Phase is a evade. Ghost will take damage.
    @B_Dizzle_01 it's a duel, not war lol, I said it
    Also, in that case phasing shouldn't be able to work at all when she's in her telepath form, and I just tested it and I can definitely phase her basic attacks, so that's not what's wrong
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It's because ghost can't miss a psychic attack, it has nothing to do emma's evade counter a miss is not an evade
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Ghost "phases" through attacks..
    I don't think one can phase through a phsycic attack.
    Might be an Easter egg like hood-daredevil interaction.
    Ghost "phases" through attacks..
    I don't think one can phase through a phsycic attack.
    Might be an Easter egg like hood-daredevil interaction.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too...well, just gotta pay slightly more attention next time then lol
  • Yup, as @Karuseus pointed out, her special attacks are Psychic projectiles that can still hit Ghost, Hood, and Daredevil. So, in a sense, @ShadPrince you were correct that it is a psychic attack reaching between quantum realms. She also has a few other unique interactions that are called out in her spotlight, such as Juggernaut and Magneto being immune to reversed controls thanks to the psychic shielding built into their helmets. Be sure to check it ou here if you have the chance!
  • Arham1 said:

Hit or not, she still takes damage....why would they even introduce the hood synergy then?

Got hits, but not damages if you have The Hood!
    https://youtu.be/lCGRILsHn4E
  • shashankchromeshashankchrome Posts: 84

Yup, as @Karuseus pointed out, her special attacks are Psychic projectiles that can still hit Ghost, Hood, and Daredevil. So, in a sense, @ShadPrince you were correct that it is a psychic attack reaching between quantum realms. She also has a few other unique interactions that are called out in her spotlight, such as Juggernaut and Magneto being immune to reversed controls thanks to the psychic shielding built into their helmets. Be sure to check it ou here if you have the chance!

Would Juggernaut and Magneto also be immune to the reverse control nodes in AW in this season then? Or is it just for Emma?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Yup, as @Karuseus pointed out, her special attacks are Psychic projectiles that can still hit Ghost, Hood, and Daredevil. So, in a sense, @ShadPrince you were correct that it is a psychic attack reaching between quantum realms. She also has a few other unique interactions that are called out in her spotlight, such as Juggernaut and Magneto being immune to reversed controls thanks to the psychic shielding built into their helmets. Be sure to check it ou here if you have the chance!

Would Juggernaut and Magneto also be immune to the reverse control nodes in AW in this season then? Or is it just for Emma?
    they're only immune to Emma reverse ..

You need Mr. Sinister to be immune to reversed controls "in general" .. ie vs the nodes and such.