**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Old champions - New movesets

Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
As the title says, I really would like to see new movesets for the older champions. I mean, almost every OG and 2015/Mid 2016 champs still have the same/very similar movesets. In my opinion that's quite boring and lazy. And MAYBE this would affect that older champions are being played more often when EVERY champ has their own unique moveset.

I would like to see new:
- Light Attacks
- Medium Attacks
- Heavy Attacks
- Specials (1, 2 and 3)
- Victory Poses

And yes, I'm also talking about variant champs like Spider-Man (Symbiote) and Spider-Man (Miles Morales) are to Classic Spidey and Cap WW2 to Classic Cap.

Also, I am aware of the fact, they already changed for example the SP2 of Winter Soldier and the SP1 of Hulk. But why did they stop with this? It's one of the things that have to be reworked in the game IMO.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    I'd rather see new and improved abilities rather than animation changes. If they get cool and flashy animations without changing their abilities they will still be bad and rarely played so what would be the point. Hulk and winter soldier were both buffed ability wise as well as their animations.

Agreed. Forgot to add that they could change the movesets simultaneously to a buff. How would that be?
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Ive long thought this should be done for certain champs, female ones in particular.

Storm being a female brawler seems wrong, but should hover and use more elemental based attacks, as she does in the Capcom fighting games. She could be given Magneto's flying, basic attacks, and heavy, along with the shocky effects that Thor Rags was given with his hits.

Scarlet Witch, for similar reasons, should lose the female brawler moveset. Instead she should adopt DS's attack style, as that would make it look like each attack is employing her wiggly finger chaos magic, which seems more appropriate.

Miss Marvel (Carol Danvers) should hover and use Rogue's move set. This will:
    1) Set her apart from her Capt Marvel clone
    2) Explain why Rogue can fly in the first place.

X23, while not needing much changed for her moveset, should use wolverine's victory pose instead of the standard female one.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’d really enjoy seeing this as long as they don’t go near Magik.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    That's always bugged me too. Karate master Scarlet Witch looks pretty funny. Hawkeye should be using his bow as a blunt object for basic attacks, much like he does in the comics.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Yes Please
  • dkatryl wrote: »
    Ive long thought this should be done for certain champs, female ones in particular.

Storm being a female brawler seems wrong, but should hover and use more elemental based attacks, as she does in the Capcom fighting games. She could be given Magneto's flying, basic attacks, and heavy, along with the shocky effects that Thor Rags was given with his hits.

Scarlet Witch, for similar reasons, should lose the female brawler moveset. Instead she should adopt DS's attack style, as that would make it look like each attack is employing her wiggly finger chaos magic, which seems more appropriate.

Miss Marvel (Carol Danvers) should hover and use Rogue's move set. This will:
    1) Set her apart from her Capt Marvel clone
    2) Explain why Rogue can fly in the first place.

X23, while not needing much changed for her moveset, should use wolverine's victory pose instead of the standard female one.
    I’m so up for that I once brought it up along time ago like 2 years ago and some guy told me that” no! It would suck, I hate it” and I just gave up but I’m glad someone thought of it too.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    I wish they would buff more old Champs regardless. Not sure why this takes so long but they can create 2 new op Champs every month..
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    We are talking about adding more useless information to a 2.3GB application.
    So... no. I'm not into "this".
    I'd rather have a better running app than more visuals.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    OG Iron Man should use a tank missle for his special 2. Could do incinerate damage or something
  • kamalnathr1993kamalnathr1993 Posts: 18

As the title says, I really would like to see new movesets for the older champions. I mean, almost every OG and 2015/Mid 2016 champs still have the same/very similar movesets. In my opinion that's quite boring and lazy. And MAYBE this would affect that older champions are being played more often when EVERY champ has their own unique moveset.

I would like to see new:

- Light Attacks

- Medium Attacks

- Heavy Attacks

- Specials (1, 2 and 3)

- Victory Poses

And yes, I'm also talking about variant champs like Spider-Man (Symbiote) and Spider-Man (Miles Morales) are to Classic Spidey and Cap WW2 to Classic Cap.

Also, I am aware of the fact, they already changed for example the SP2 of Winter Soldier and the SP1 of Hulk. But why did they stop with this? It's one of the things that have to be reworked in the game IMO.

What do you guys think?

I do want new movesets.but i believe it is beacuse the story quest contains many og champions at the start and it would be hard for new players to adapt to all the light/medium attacks in act 1 and 2.
    I too want some new stuff at my og champions as the animations of champions like ghost feels better than say animations of black bolt.