**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Darkhawk interaction with Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    How do you fix something that doesn't affect everyone. This isn't an iOS vs Android issue, as it is affecting people with both kind of devices. This isn't an iPhone 8 v iPhone X issue since users on 8 say they have lag while others on 8 say they don't (or insert Android-style phone as well). Because there is nothing consistent as to who is affected, it is nearly impossible to fix. Kabam sent a patch that helped some people. Short of changing the entire fight mechanics, there is not much more they can do. This isn't like Ægon that did actually perform differently than planned because of a coding issue.

Even if Kabam were to issue compensation, who would get compensated? Everyone, even those who had no lag issue? Take a user's word that they had lag and give it them only?

This has NOTHING to do with fight mechanics. This has EVERYTHING to do with eye candy.
    To fix it is simple, scale back the eye candy. It isn't that hard of a fix, they are just using too many polygons and went over the limit that is acceptable per frame, that is why the game lags, it is trying to draw too many objects in the scene.

It is incredible that Kabam has remained silent on this, it isn't going away, DarkHawk will be all over the place now, and as soon as the eye candy gets "turned on", BAM, lagfest.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Wolf seriously, nothing at all to say? Very disappointing with one 4 days left of the event.

Too many polygons? Then the issue would occur on all low-end devices that might not be able to handle higher graphic rates. As it is, that IS NOT happening. Some iPhone 6 users are having issues while some are not. Some iPhone 8 users have issues, some don't. Some Galaxy s7 users have issues, some don't. "Too many polygons" doesn't explain that.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    This is sad, 4 days left in this event and nothing from any of the moderators. I would be ashamed if I done my job like that, any answer would be better than silence. We all know this is an easy fix, it didn't do it until they put Darklag in the game.
    I know they're reading these comments, they're deleting the ones they don t like.
  • nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    I still experience lag with this character after the hotfix. I have the same issue as everyone in here when fighting darkhawk. I tried on Moto G6 and Samsung J3 with same results. I also own 3* and 5* Darkhawk and the lag happens when the character has the special glow. The only use for the character is to put in war defense and get some kills from the lag.
  • BloodshedzBloodshedz Posts: 45
    Darkhawk isnt fixed and events almost over.
    I 100% everything but master because of this.
    Can you please fix this before it ends?
    Thank you
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I just wish we'd at least get a response, a simple we're still working on it or sorry we can't seem to figure out what's wrong... Staying silent the whole time makes it seem like they're trying to hide something or just push it under the rug, which still I don't think they're doing... Hopefully...
    Unfortunately, @Bloodshedz , with 3 days left there probably isn't anything more Kabam will do, but I agree with @LibertyPrimeV1 that Kabam should have said something after the Hotfix didn't fix the lag for everyone.
  • stinkypants74stinkypants74 Posts: 13
    Unfortunately, the game is becoming more and more like a fixed carnival game. Of course they want Content that appears to be skill based but is really just a way to separate us from our units. Ever since modok was introduced, the game has continually devolved into more and more gimmicky ways to get us to use revives. Can’t wait till they introduce a boss that takes away units each time you get hit.

Been playing since the start, and spending money from time to time. If this trend continues in 2019! It may be time to hang it up.
    Unfortunately, the game is becoming more and more like a fixed carnival game. Of course they want Content that appears to be skill based but is really just a way to separate us from our units. Ever since modok was introduced, the game has continually devolved into more and more gimmicky ways to get us to use revives. Can’t wait till they introduce a boss that takes away units each time you get hit.

Been playing since the start, and spending money from time to time. If this trend continues in 2019! It may be time to hang it up.

That's why I'm glad I'm 100% FTP. I do what I know I'm capable of finishing and stop when I know it gets too difficult.
    2 Days 20 Hours left... 😔 Kabam please don't be intentionally ignoring us, we just need one message letting us know you're still working on a solution or have given up...
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    And? I have an Android and have no issues. Some people with iOS devices have issues while others don't. It's not something that is affecting every player, like the Ægon bug last month, so there's likely nothing more that Kabam will do.

So why are you continually posting about something you don't understand.
    And? I have an Android and have no issues. Some people with iOS devices have issues while others don't. It's not something that is affecting every player, like the Ægon bug last month, so there's likely nothing more that Kabam will do.

So why are you continually posting about something you don't understand.

What I'm trying to convey is that this isn't such an easy problem to fix because it doesn't affect every person, nor is it device-specific. Because of that, it makes it that much more difficult for Kabam to resolve. Seems like that should be prettu easy to understand.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Wolf still no update?

A couple of days left in the event, and all we get is the silence treatment?
    edited January 2019
    We see what kind of company Kabam is now, we also see the moderators arent here for us. They're are only on these forums to control what we say. For the last 2 weeks all we wanted was any kind of answer. I dont know about the rest on this thread but I just gave up on this months EQ. I could fight the champ, I couldn't get past the lagging.
  • Problems persist.
    Dooeyfett wrote: »
    Problems persist.

Event ends.
  • Less than 24 hours left in the event. I'm pretty sure this will be solved with new release (after event ends).

So, I'm down hundreds of units, the halls of healing were essentially useless, and we have a new character that is still extremely laggy yet beatable unless game stalls in first .5 seconds of playing him...unless his shields activate or he activates any specials.

Rest assured, they are sorry and thank us for our patience.
    At this point I've lost the the majority of respect I had left for Kabam, seems like they're just trying to push the problem under the rug and ignore it so everyone will forget about it. I'd love to be wrong or corrected but they haven't given any reason for me to be... 😕
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Is it time to talk about compensation for dark hawk since he never got fixed?
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    MrBanks wrote: »
    Is it time to talk about compensation for dark hawk since he never got fixed?

Don’t worry but we will get our 2 level 1 revives and maybe 500 PC shards as a topper

• This is the first time I didn't complete a UC event since getting uncollected.
    Wow the post just hit over 500 comments, how many are Kabam's I wonder...
  • stinkypants74stinkypants74 Posts: 13
    You can expect roughly an equal amount of compensation for the DH fiasco as we received for our melted phones over the summer.

Nothing.
    You can expect roughly an equal amount of compensation for the DH fiasco as we received for our melted phones over the summer.

Nothing.

Yep most likely...
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Truly amazing that they STILL haven't commented on this, since the last update message that told us they are "investigating".

Is it really that hard to tell us if DarkHawk is fixed in the latest patch that Android users can't even download yet?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Wolf
  • DooeyfettDooeyfett Posts: 17
    edited January 2019
    After update, the control function lag is still present. This wasn't even in uc, i just popped in to see if it's manageable, it's not. Might have to call this one a loss fellas.

g1bzcgbkajfd.jpg
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120
    kpkumardts wrote: »
    TaZ_4178 wrote: »
    @groundedwisdom I'm buying you a beer buddy what do you drink? Lol just joking have you been able to take down the master version of darkhawk yet? I took him down i think friday night lol just wondering

No, I tried using Revs and tried restarting the run a number of times. Got frustrated. I'm waiting until my patience refills, or a fix is in place. Whichever one comes first. Lol.

wait till they fix the issue (since it's causing problem to player base it will be not easy to solve) may be it will be fixed last day of the EQ, and they will be issuing 2 level one health pots to compensate the players who cleared UC difficulty.

Ans i know that you will wait.

My prediction was not right as i said it will be fixed last day but now also its not resolved today is the last day.
    Hey All,

We are still investigating these issues that some of you have raised after the hotfix. We have seen a significant drop in crashes related to Darkhawk, but it seems that some are still facing problems.

We don't have anything new to add right now, but as soon as we do, we'll let you all know.

Please just respond already, it's ending less then an hour now! Even a single comment saying "We could not find the Problem or a Fix, sorry." would be fine, I don't even want any Compensation or anything like that at this point... Just a response instead of ignoring it and trying to hide from it, like I said in a previous comment I'd love to be wrong but you haven't given us any reason to not think you are just trying to make everyone forget about this.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Were the issues with Darkhawk really fixed? A whole month and 9 days of broken EQ with a boss so hard and so unfair he crashed games and lagged the game half the time? Did you guys experience the same issues even after the apparent hot fix? Are we going to sweep this under the rug? I didn’t get to comeplete this months EQ in master exploration. I never have not explored a master EQ until now. Let me know if you are experiencing the crashing, bugs, or lag still, or not, and if you think we should forget about the Darkhawk fiasco?
This discussion has been closed.