**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tips for defeating the collector?

Suiting up for my first take down on him, besides having tons of units and revives ready are there any tips on taking him down? Any champs that preform really well besides both visions and DD classic?

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    NC
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Ah yes, he has good evade too. Does hulk or cap do anything? Hulk is part luck to get a stun chain and cap stops working after a little bit I believe due to the ability accuracy reduction
  • BrotherVoBrotherVo Posts: 88
    I think dormammu, hood, spiderman SE, ultron, magik, scarlet should be good for the collector.. the power drain/burn/steal champs or autoevade are the best for him, or just use the champs that inflict a lot of damage and revive. Personally i used vision AOU star lord and magik.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    I tried NC, was able to evade sp1 once, but otherwise sucked at it, and gave up. My go to was SW and hope for the random power lock or drain. still used a ton of revives. Ive heard dorm works because you don't need to get a full bar of power before you can power drain.

Edit: autoevade doesnt work on collector as far as i know, so no OGDD
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Bait Heavy attacks and intercept dashes

Units

Hulk dies work as a 20% Rev and a L1 potion allows him to trigger SMASH which basically gives you a lot of damage for very low resources
    Be sure to check all quests in Act1-Act3 as that's how I found a LOT of revives (mostly level 1 revives but a few Level 2)
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    I used mostly quake and archangel. I only beat him once, but I swear I thought concussion and neurotoxin still worked while the collector was under the immunity relic. It may be a possibility that the neurotoxin was just in effect while the collector was still above the immunity relic threshold, and the neurotoxin just stayed in effect until it wore off (which was enough to beat him). My AA is 4* 5/50 and 40siglvl, quake is 4* 5/50 60siglvl.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    My two runs used NC for the first time, and Hulk for the second. NC still inflicted Deep Wounds even when Collector was at low health, and Hulk is Hulk. Takes revives to do it this way, with the number depending on skill.
  • Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    He is easier then RttL Rhino
    @Ja1970 ill have to disagree with you, but I have heard nightmare stories about him. I had a r5 wwii and restarted the quest until I could solo him or at least 90%. collector you have no shot at that.
    I agree as well. If you play well that Rhino wasn't that bad and you got as many attempts as you wanted since he was gatekeeper at the front. The collector has many bs factors and each atrempt's results will vary greatly
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    DD works best for me. If you have OG vision he is also good but I didn't have him. NC and GP are also okay.
    You need a 4* Fat Joe, spam his sp1

76bm1i6xlx3k.gif

Is that it @Uncle_Fatty_247? Sweet! Just got him from arenas! Should also do labrynith with him
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    Has anyone tried using Iceman (with his armor active) vs collector?
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Cash & Units ;)
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    I soloed him by hulk. Use 20% revive and 2 lvl 2 potion. Get courage mastery. Hulk will smash him.
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    I soloed him by hulk. Use 20% revive and 2 lvl 2 potion. Get courage mastery. Hulk will smash him.

So you didn't solo him...
    edited July 2017
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    TheSOURA wrote: »

So you didn't solo him...

Solo does not mean by 1 shot:-) i use 4-5 revive there. Solo means by self
    I've never heard of "soloing" someone mean using revives. If I solo the aw boss, I did it in one fight.

regardless, semantics. I did the same with SW. If she randomly power locked/drained, I could take off 50k+ in one fight. But couldn't always do that before collector unleashed sp1
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I've never heard of "soloing" someone mean using revives. If I solo the aw boss, I did it in one fight.

regardless, semantics. I did the same with SW. If she randomly power locked/drained, I could take off 50k+ in one fight. But couldn't always do that before collector unleashed sp1

Ok. I used dictionary meaning. Haha.
    Thanks for all the help guys! I'll keep everything into consideration. I think I'm running my Hyperion 5/50, SL 5/50, GP 4/40, Cap WWll 4/40, and hulk 4/40. I'll bank a few extra units. Better safe than sorry
    Good luck
    Your team is gonna be mostly Hulk doing the damage to the collector

WWII will last but after a bar ANYONE DIES regardless

SL won't get a high combo
    GP won't be able to bleed past a certain point
    And hype's play style of using Heavies is very hard to do with 55% tenacity

However the team is well suited to GET to the collector at least
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Got some good work in from Thor with some chain stuns. Stopped trying to evade his L1 and just tried to take him to L3 and do as much damage as possible. OG Vision is good but I don't have him