**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 21.2 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
edited January 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 21.2 version of the game only.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Abigail Jessica
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI only with approx speed of 80mps
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.1
    Game Mode: Arena mode is when the game completely shuts down and has to be restarted. Any other mode/screen is when the colour flashing and distorted picture occurs.
    Description of the Issue: In Arena mode I get to the Opponent Select screen. This is when it shuts down. If I do get past that screen, the next screen which lets you move fighters also shuts down.
    fxmrutm7nxcw.png
    This is the point where the game is constantly shutting down and has to be restarted.

As this game mode is the most relevant and type I like to play, it is completely disheartening to have to keep restarting the app. It's getting tot he point when I'm simply going to have to delete the app and not play anymore.

Update: I'm now on version 21.2.0 and there is absolutely no improvement. Plenty of times I have been kicked out whilst loading up in AQ & AW which results in part of my health disappearing, through no fault of my own! I then have to use excess units and potions just to compete in these events, and feel that some sort of compensation is overdue, or ideally a fix!

Does anyone from Kabam read this?!
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Can u reduce the graphic or make it adjustable... in my S7 edge the graphics is not that high and it suits to hardware..
    can you adjust it on S8 i think the additional effects makes my game so laggy and not that playable anymore . Or add and additional settings to adjust visual.effects.
    Android 8.0
    Samsung S8
    WiFi
    Latest game build. 21.1

Did you try going into the game launcher and settings and have the slider set to "focus on performance"? I have/had no (major) issues on the S8 or any Samsung phone for that matter (S8, s8+, Note 8, s9+, note 9).
  • AnaxagorAnaxagor Posts: 62
    Anaxagor
    Samsung J1 (2016)
    Android 5.1
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Latest version
    Very long pre- and afterfight loading in 5.4.6 now instantly, I relog after every fight
  • SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43

In-Game Name: SeanFlik
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0 (i think that's what is referred to here)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 21.1
    Game Mode: Almost every game mode. This really sucks for me as I've been doing a labyrinth run this week. Arena a lot, aq and aw too.
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Game version- 21.1
    All modes
    Both wifi and mobile data

Missing inputs. Champs stopping mid combo.
  • Marvel Contest of Champions

Lag and Net Work Connectivity
    JafleddJafledd
    3:17AM in Bugs and Known Issues
    Gamer tag:jafledd
    Galaxy S 8 Active
    Game version 21.1.1
    Phone software G892USQU3BRK4
    Hardware REV0.4
    Issues on wi-fi and mobile data
    I have sprint

Between every verse match ie. I fight once win or lose the #2 fight gives me the trouble connecting to the network caption. While in event quest(all of them) traveling from opponent to opponent I get the lag and then the network issue. In story mode same as event quest also lags and stalls when I win or lose in any match whilst displaying the trouble connecting to the network caption. Every time I use iso to rank and level up I always lag and get the you guessed it the trouble connecting to the network caption. Doesnt matter the rank level or amount of iso or catalyst I am trying to use always get the trouble connecting to the network caption. So I now get the trouble connecting to the network caption between every single action that I do now in the game 95% of the time while my movements are choppy and slow whilst moving about the battle realm and I am sure I am suffering lag and general sluggishness in actual game play (combat).
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

In-Game Name: ZɅKNɅFEIN
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: This has happened over both Cellular and WiFi. My carrier is AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 21.2
    Game Mode: I've seen it everywhere. AQ, AW, Arena, Event Quest, Story Quest, hitting Help on the Alliance page, ranking and leveling champions, opening crystals, etc. No matter where I go in game i always encounter the network connectivity issue notification and it is never, ever my connection.

Also when I'm running Arena there will be instances when I'm playing that the game will become very choppy and lagged. I usually have to pause the game for a solid 30 seconds if I want to continue my match.
  • ottogiugnoottogiugno Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    In-Game Name: ottogiugno
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
    Device Operating System: android 8.1 (MIUI Global 10.2)
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: latest
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: After a parry, as I swipe from left to right the pg instead of moving forward, dashes back. This happens very often during alliance war or alliance quest, rarely in other modes. Never happened with my previous phone (Xiaomi redmi 4 pro).
  • pooldead1725pooldead1725 Posts: 55
    In-Game Name: pooldead1725
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy j5 2016
    Device Operating System: android 7.1
    Game Version Installed: 21.2.0
    Game Mode: All content
    Description of the Issue: the game begins to lag after 2 or 3 fights, after about 10 or 15 minutes playing crashes in the middle of the fight and the phone starts to overheat too.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Crystaldsmith in game name
    Android version 9.0
    Game version 21.1
    Device Google Pixel XL
    WiFi 5 GHz, 100/5
    Game modes AQ, AW, EQ

Champs are very slow to respond. 10% of touches do not respond. Beginning of fights have frozen champs where nothing responds. Specials, blocking, dashing, etc are very delayed. Attempting to hold block is either delayed or unresponsive.

Champs do not dash forward. So once you dash back and release block, the champs stay. 10% of time they will not respond to attacking and get stuck in corner. You have to manually try to do a medium attack to move champ forward.

70% of fights have a loss of connection notification and begins running slow. Only using home WiFi network. Notification will start on screen until closing out of the app and reopening.
  • SpideyDNASpideyDNA Posts: 31
    In-Game Name: SpideyDNA
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Kindle Fire
    Device Operating System: Galaxy Note 4: 6.0.1, for the Fire: Fire OS 5.3.6.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular (Verizon 4G); Fire is using Verizon 4G from my Note 4 as a hotspot.
    Game Version Installed: On most recent version with The Thing 21.1.
    Game Mode: Event Quests and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Extremely long lags loading battles -- 60+ seconds.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Samsung S9+ has 6 GB of RAM and an octo-core processor. 0 lag. Base models of most phones aren't up to par. Also helps to stay on top of maintenance and don't overload your device with ****. However, older models of any phone (iPhone included) are experiencing lag. Just the nature of the beast. As the game evolves, it will require better hardware to run it optimally. If you're running Android 7+ you should use the performance booster. Reduce screen resolution to lowest setting HD 720p. Will reduce lag quite a bit.

Interesting. Do you by any chance know if it's possible to change the resolution for the app only? Or do you have to change the native resolution of the device?
    I run it on a samsung s7. And after activating developer mode and removing some unnecessary animations and thweaking a few settings, the phone is snappier in it's response. The game actually works a bit smoother also! I haven't tried lowering the resolution yet, but if it would be possible to lower for one app that would be interesting to try.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    @Kabam Lyra
    Can you please recommend any solutions because honestly I've commenting here for last 8 months and received not even a SINGLE suggestion to improve stability/performance.
  • SasagaSasaga Posts: 2
    sasaga
    Xiaomi mi 5 plus
    Android oreo
    Both
    21.2 version
    Game Mode: every mode (except aq and aw)
    Description of the Issue: well, first of all, the game froze once of 3 fights, It frizes for a few seconds and then the fight continues, it meses up my combo chain
    Second, a previous problem returned, sometimes the champions stoped moving, they stay still or stopped the chain combo, will has me lost the combo que sometimes, even the fight, I dont understand how something that was fix some updates ago, keeps coming back

• In-Game Name: D-Generation X
    Device and Model: Samsung Note 8
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 21.2.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: while playing the game was lagging really bad. As I was using heavy attacks my champs would slowly go through the motion. I would log out and the game would take 3to5 minutes to load. Champions affected were my 4 & 5 stars. This issue went on throughout the night.
  • SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
    In-Game Name: SeanFlik
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s7
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon
    Game Mode: Event Quest: Labyrinth of Legends, additionally in Arena
    Description of the Issue: While trying to dexterity/dodge Maestro's special 2, my champion does not respond to dodges/swipes. This has happened several times and is really damn infuriating. Never experienced anything like this until this update.
    Additionally, still the persistent lag and "network connection problems" in arena.
  • ChaceChace Posts: 5
    Getting to the point I dont wsnt to play this game anymore it's getting ridiculous with this red hulk and stupid regen nodes. Plus every 20 minutes having to shut app and re open due to connectivity issues when I have full service 4G and very expensive internet for gaming.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    InGame Name : Raiser
    Android version 8.1.0
    Game version 21.2
    Device Redmi 5 Plus
    WiFi 5 GHz, 100/5
    Game modes AQ, AW, EQ, Story, Arena

Lag, Unresponsive, can't hold block, can't dash back or dash forward. Happen frequently after updated to 21.2. Please fix this problem. can;t do any quest except arena.
  • Wardy31Wardy31 Posts: 6
    InGame name: Wardy31
    Device: Galaxy Tab A (2017)
    Android version: 7.1.1
    Game version: 21.2.0
    Cellular...Telstra

Pretty much as soon as I try to open a crystal or go into quest mode it crashes......sometimes it's pretty good and I can play for a little bit.
    But now I can maybe open one crystal then its goodnight haha
    Frustrating.....but I have spent bugga all money wise on the game.
  • UndeadMermaid86
    Samsung j5 16
    100mbs + WiFi connection
    Parry and dexterity gets ignored.
    Takes forever on loading screen.
    Lags and stutters when buying/opening crystals. I've been conned out of good champs recently with this problem. It stops at one champ and then magically jumps onto another!!
    Trying to bait out a s1 or s2 and I'm magically hit with a s3 when there isn't enough on the power bar or any power gain buffs.
    Lags and takes forever to load when moving to a node.
    AQ and AW takes ages to get into and always hit with "no internet connection" bs so i lose my champs.
    Hmmm.... I'm forgetting something....
    Oh yeah....
    Don't blame our connection and devices when it's clearly a problem on your side with your servers!!!!
  • nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    Fantastic 4

1. App crashes in Arena
    2. Lag in all modes
    3. Network Connection Problems
    4. Input Issues (Not connecting specials, dropping block, reversing dashes, etc..)
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Device - MI Note 5 Pro
    Both wifi and Mobile Network
    Issue - Non responsive controls, dropping combos mid fight, doing tap actions on swap on the left side control etc. Started happening after Symbioid event. Please fix this
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    In-Game Name: Wayntos
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965U
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both US cellular
    Game Version Installed: 21.2 version
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? all
    Description of the Issue: Unresponsive controls and sometimes it is like auto fight is on champ will dash by itself while I'm blocking in arena mode there is no auto fight, only other thing is parry not working every 3 blocks it may work.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    In-Game Name: Everyone
    Device and Model: All Phones(Note 9)
    Device Operating System: All Operating Systems
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Everytime, Everything I do. between menus, loading any battle loading crystals, loooking at champions.

Im not sure how much more information you need. It is always ironic when there is a bug that affects our gameplay it takes forever (going on since update) but if it affects your cash flow its fixed in hours.

Im guessing you need all these examples because it is not happening to your phones.

I should probably talk to Samsung about the issues since this is a Galaxy Note 9 my phone is too old.

• ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    In-Game Name: ZainShams
    Device and Model: Xiomi Mi Mix3
    Device Operating System: V8 0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed:V21.2
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. Everywhere is the game is laggy and the frame rate drops are clearly visible. Also to mention the connection problems for short durations(sometimes it is very long and especially on rank up and huge crystal openings this happens regularly)
This discussion has been closed.