**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gambit is Underrated

Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
edited January 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Wait... whaaaat? BuT gAmBiT iS tRaSh!!! Okay, since I'm one of the only few in this game that actually play champs before judging them and find the best way to play those certain champs, I have found the most underrated one. And his name is Gambit. With his sp1 stun and his sp2 concussion, he is a very versatile champion. He may be a tad bit difficult to play but once you learn his limits you have a solid champion in your hands. He is even capable of outdamaging the almighty Emma Frost! Need proof? Here it is: (Emma has cap iw synergy)
ccol4b35xid6.jpg
so286gx6lfg6.jpg
1f97flou153u.jpg
506phahilt0a.jpg
soq1kh12la5r.jpg
nuk24fv3jlnx.jpg

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Nice work. And kudos for ranking up your own first choices, not other people's.

I like Gambit, I think he's well animated and fun to play with. It's a struggle maintaining his Prowess buffs at times. It's a shame he and Rogue don't have a better unique synergy that prolongs his buffs and her buff steal effects.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    but the thing is, how useful is he outside of ROL, I only seen him used for the Emmas on variant. Other than than the first section of variant is much,much easier compared to other 2 chapters of variant to "me".

I would not R5 or R4 a gambit simply cause of that. Let alone bring him to content like Aq and Aw.

Gambit crushes both power reserve paths in the 1st section of variant as well as the final Emma on any path. I used a 4* 4/40 lol. I agree that he isn't that great though.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    but the thing is, how useful is he outside of ROL, I only seen him used for the Emmas on variant. Other than than the first section of variant is much,much easier compared to other 2 chapters of variant to "me".

I would not R5 or R4 a gambit simply cause of that. Let alone bring him to content like Aq and Aw.

Gambit crushes both power reserve paths in the 1st section of variant as well as the final Emma on any path. I used a 4* 4/40 lol. I agree that he isn't that great though.

Yes i know he crushes it thats why i said i seen him used in varient.

A 4* will do just fine, i was talking about 5* being used as r4/5 besides that part.

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Savage_ wrote: »
    People are willing to r4 Nebula, Hawkeye, Hulk and Psylocke instead so I am clueless why people think gambit is useless. You see the numbers right there and he puts them up often. And seriously you guys are saying there are better options but it's not about that. I said he was underrated. Guess it doesn't matter anyway... whatever keep being ignorant

Nebula, hawkeye, Hulk and psylocke all provide utility that is more difficult to come by than what Gambit can provide. Double immunities is very useful, power control is one of the most valued abilities in the game and hulk is often better for stun locking outside powergain nodes than gambit because with 1 fury his stun is 3 seconds long vs gambit's 2.5 second which doesn't seem like much but the extra hit in the combo makes it much more consistent to chain stuns. Besides all that in the current meta those champions still aren't viewed as all that great except maybe Hawkeye and not many people bring them up to rank 4.

Yeah gambit can dish out some big hits but it's not nearly as consistent as champions like emma frost who you compared him to. Emma gets a huge boost to crit rating and crit damage not just special attack damage so most of her regular combos hit very hard and nearly every sp2 she throws hits those big crits which is certainly not the case with gambit. Getting a bigger hit doesn't mean he is out damaging emma frost, besides not having the increased crit chance his prowess takes time to accumulate while emma's is just gained from combo hits, his DPS is significantly worse.

I don't think he is underrated, people acknowledge his use as a stun locker but he is pretty average outside of that. He isn't bad for say just when he is compared to other champions. There are so many better options in term of DPS you could bring to rank 4 and for stun locking you don't really need him higher thank rank 5 or 4 and 4 star. I'm not saying you shouldn't have ranked him up, rank up who you enjoy playing but that doesn't make him all that great of a champion.
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    edited January 2019
    That is my point. People think he is average or even below average with that kind of damage. Also, you are correct about emma having guaranteed crit rate, but gambit would still outdamage her without cap iw's synergy and a moderate sig level. Hulk needs synergies to have a 100% stun chance while gambit already has one. He has his uses but is up there with kamala khan in the community who in fact is another underrated champion.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Savage_ wrote: »
    Wait... whaaaat? BuT gAmBiT iS tRaSh!!! Okay, since I'm one of the only few in this game that actually play champs before judging them and find the best way to play those certain champs, I have found the most underrated one. And his name is Gambit. With his sp1 stun and his sp2 concussion, he is a very versatile champion. He may be a tad bit difficult to play but once you learn his limits you have a solid champion in your hands. He is even capable of outdamaging the almighty Emma Frost! Need proof? Here it is: (Emma has cap iw synergy)
    ccol4b35xid6.jpg
    so286gx6lfg6.jpg
    1f97flou153u.jpg
    506phahilt0a.jpg
    soq1kh12la5r.jpg
    nuk24fv3jlnx.jpg

His ramp up takes ages tho
    Ramp up is fast up until 6 prowess. Past there it can be a challenge but the special damage will be worth it
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Those screenshots are from like forever ago lol, no health percentages...did you tank him up then rank him down with RDT’s?
    edited January 2019
    No that is just gameplay from ages ago. I currently have a 5/50 4 star version of both. Respect to the guy who r4 that gambit or possibly even r5 now. Sometimes our favorite characters have a use in this game aside from a few.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I think the misconception here is that he IS below average, but also that lately the "average" is higher than it used to be. Straight damage and stun? sure gambit is good with those two things. Damage there is better options and stun there are better options. With the myriad of nodes and possible opponents, many other champions are available and provide more utility, therefore better than gambit, putting him below average.

Saying below average and underrated are not exclusive to each other. Jane foster is underrated but is also way below average, in my opinion.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    gambit can do a little damage sure, but why use him when CAIW exists? Much more damage with way less ramp up.

Also, there is a good chance those pics are from pre 12.0 which is a completely different game.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @addisonbassist Nice! How did you get that much damage for her?
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Gambit would be better if he held charges like Nebula, but he get interrupted when blocking hits while Nebulas keep rolling while blocking punches
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Those screenshots are old when diminishing returns was not a thing and the prowess really added to your crits . Since DR, his damage sucks
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    The problem why nobody ranks gambit up is simple. He has no immunity, no regen, no power control and isn’t user friendly. His damage output takes some work to get and doesn’t last very long. He’s also not a very good defender for aw I can think of 20-30 champs I would take for attack for aw and for aq over Gambit. What Gambit is good for is power reverse nodes but there’s no point to rank him up for that because with permanent stun lock it don’t matter if the fight takes 50 or 400 hits. Also there’s better options for reverse power nodes like stark Enhanced Spider-Man and Ronan and possibly even kang.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    His ramp up sucks, and the “almighty”Emma was made to be a better defender than attacker, she just happened to be a decent attacker. Plus just because a champ does better dmg output, doesn’t make them a better champ.. there are a ton of underrated champions, but gambit is not one of them
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    Wonder if you even saw him having 8&9 charges before posting, because if you did, you would know that they don’t last long, and can get one sp2 out of them, and you will NEVER build 8-9 charges vs any uncollected+ content..

Very misinformed imo
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    My Masacre's sp2 hits for 32K into block with no set up... so yeah...

https://youtu.be/50kkcPXzkOM