**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Random Grey Boosts are in Store [Merged Threads]

13»

Comments

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Community: we don’t want gears. Gears suck!

Also the community: please give us AW gears, we cannot live without them!
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Nothing to say kcaeuhcsonge.png

how come there isn't a drop rate on these items?

There is a drop rate. It's 100% chance you pull a boost. Now, the chances of each boost you can pull isn't described, but that's common in their drop rate descriptions.

Betting they'll say each of those boosts has an equal chance of being pulled, so you'll have a 50% chance of pulling one of the good war boosts, and a 16.6% chance of pulling the specific one you want.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019

This line of reasoning ignores the variable of introducing something during the same 24 hour timeframe/day for 3+ months and then wondering why the community is irritated when that something came with no announcement of being on a random schedule and disappears for over a month
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

This has nothing to do with the dishonesty that everyone is upset about.

We’re not stupid (mostly), but y’all are straight up calling us stupid. Yeah, what a coincidence this all is.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey Everybody,

I will admit that this is pretty unfortunate timing for the Boost crystal, but we didn't plan it to come about this way. Our plans to make this crystal available again were made early in December, and the timing has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Alliance War boosts have not shown up in the Loyalty store in the last little while.

Those Boosts are on a random schedule, and I know that with each passing day that they don't come around, it's harder to believe, but that is the truth. I am going to talk to the team about the random nature of them being available and the effect it has on our players. We can't promise anything will change or even be considered, but we will talk about it.

Now, let's please try and keep the conspiracy theories and hyperboles to a minimum.

Actions speak louder than words.
    I agree, people need to look at the actions they are taking. ;)
    Pow3rKat wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

I will admit that this is pretty unfortunate timing for the Boost crystal, but we didn't plan it to come about this way. Our plans to make this crystal available again were made early in December, and the timing has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Alliance War boosts have not shown up in the Loyalty store in the last little while.

Those Boosts are on a random schedule, and I know that with each passing day that they don't come around, it's harder to believe, but that is the truth. I am going to talk to the team about the random nature of them being available and the effect it has on our players. We can't promise anything will change or even be considered, but we will talk about it.

Now, let's please try and keep the conspiracy theories and hyperboles to a minimum.

Quick math...

the odds for war boosts not to appear for 35 days (assuming equal chances for all boosts) is 1 in 71,426,250

(based on 3 unique boosts available each day, 3 war boosts out of 20 potential boosts)

You have to admit it, Miike. We are a bit unlucky.
    It’s only 35 for the power boost something like 21 for the 3. Quick math no verification?
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    MattMan wrote: »
    War boosts disappear from loyalty store for weeks, clearing out everyone’s stash.

Once stashes are emptied, community is hurting for these boosts, a crystal comes out to supply these boosts....for a price.

Anyone who believes this is random...pm me I have a bridge for sale.

I've got some Ocean front property in Arizona....maybe we can do a deal?

Trade ya straight up

This line of reasoning ignores the variable of introducing something during the same 24 hour timeframe/day for 3+ months and then wondering why the community is irritated when that something came with no announcement of being on a random schedule and disappears for over a month
    They were never on a schedule like that. Search “3 minute boosts” and “loyalty boosts” in the forums.

Also back in November someone attempted to track their regularity. Returned this before giving up.
    uxl3wbxmsdju.jpeg
    37z8sfyahlxd.jpeg

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    They were never on a schedule like that. Search “3 minute boosts” and “loyalty boosts” in the forums.

Also back in November someone attempted to track their regularity. Returned this before giving up.
    uxl3wbxmsdju.jpeg
    37z8sfyahlxd.jpeg

Advanced power and invulnerability boosts were available the same day of the week for nearly all of AW Seasons 2-3. Their availability was similar during seasons 1 and 4.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

uxl3wbxmsdju.jpeg
    37z8sfyahlxd.jpeg

Advanced power and invulnerability boosts were available the same day of the week for nearly all of AW Seasons 2-3. Their availability was similar during seasons 1 and 4.
    You we’re tracking them? Let’s see that data! Really though I could go back in line and catalog when they were available since alliances point them out when the pop up, trust me that’s not the case.

Furthermore this is from when they were introduced.

“New Boosts in the Loyalty Store
    In addition to all of the changes we’re making to Alliance Wars, we’re also introducing some new Alliance Wars Boosts in the Loyalty Store! These 3 Boosts are only active for 3 Minutes, and are only able to be used in Alliance Wars. They are also not a permanent addition to the Loyalty store, and will only be available at random.”

This discussion has been closed.