**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which 5* champ is best to awaken and r5 for LoL and Variant?

I got my hands on a generic awakening gem. I have narrowed my choices down to Hyperion and Medusa from my available champion pool. I have 100% act 5 and I want to build a roster for LoL and Variant. I'm leaning towards Hyperion because he is R4 and I want to focus on r4ing my Corvus next. But hype is bad for stun immune and limber nodes. My question to you fine people is: based on my progress and goal should I use my gem on Hyperion, Medusa, or should I save it for another champion and why?

My Hyperion is r4, Medusa is r3, and I also have Corvus Glaive r3.

I have an awakened AA r4 and Domino r4. (which I am going to r5 very soon)
My other semi-worthy 5* champs are Ghostrider, Magik, & Gwenpool.

What are your opinions? Who is best for LoL and Variant? Do you have any of these R5, love them or regret r5? Please let me know in the comments.

Which 5* champ is best to awaken and r5 for LoL and Variant? 37 votes

Hyperion
29%
mmmbanyasScottryanDarkrider05GrimmbearSpiderCoolsThecrusher_9756Ingi_Freyr1975FhfjghhggggjfhfjgKickNatherinaLoctiteSuperGlueKingpinamos 11 votes
Medusa
32%
BadroseSolrac_2KillerBee_samaLuke208080WabobaMaldroit2SDPgauravtheslayerIBlueShiftIRockypantherxchoseNShellybell 12 votes
Corvus
10%
A l p h aDTMelodicMetalLordNeoMeniscusMaster2 4 votes
Other
16%
Hulk_77Kobster84B_Dizzle_01Wakanda4Ever278XN0nameXEmeraldGGWP 6 votes
Save for another champion
10%
RagamugginGunner6yrara93V1PER1987-sixate- 4 votes

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Other
    Domino is your best option for lol right now
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Save for another champion
    I would save for someone who absolutely needs their sig. Hyperion and Medusa do ok without it (unless you want Medusa for defense). Even then using a generic gem for defense seems like a waste. GP might be worthy if you like her. DAAR and never dying from specials can be very useful. I think saving for DV, AA, SL, Blade, Darkhawk, etc would be a better choice but that’s just one man’s opinion.
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    Domino. I just did my first LOL run with her last week
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Hyperion
    I used mine on Hyperion and r5’d him, he doesn’t need a high sig level either. He carries me through a bunch, absolute beast and people sleep on his regeneration too
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Hyperion benefits a lot, however, he is really not good for LoL
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Other
    Both Hyperion and Medusa are going to have issues in Variant, there are several global nodes that punish buffs in the part Cosmic champs can do. It's a big advantage newer champs like Venom the Duck and Proxima have, their buffs are passive and not impacted by some of those nodes.

I also don't think either is an ideal champ for LoL. Of the champs you mentioned Domino is probably the best option for that, and she's very useful in the mutant section of Variant.
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    you cant beat 3.1 variant ultron no matter how many times you try with medusa
    masochism would proc and proc and proc
  • While one special champ is viable for LoL, the same is not true for variant. Variant is all about having as many of the answers as possible.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Use domino for LOL with masacre/rulk synergy. Just used her and r5 5* for easy path and she makes it very simple with infinite parry
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    R5 domino and use her for LOL...I would suggest saving the generic... although between hype and medusa,I say medusa benefits more from the awakening...including attack bonus which becomes even higher with her synergies and that auto block is a big time safety net incase u mess up
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Medusa
    Medusa absolutely needs her dupe. She becomes much stronger. However, she happens to be better in Variant unawakened. I recently 4/55 my Medusa, and have a cosmic gem, but I am saving it until absolutely necessary, so i can run her more effectively in Variant ch.3. Also have an unawakened 4/55 Hype. It’s a tough choice, but Hype is still really good unawakened.