**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Fan(tastic) Discussion!

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I hear you mods like what if stories. Maybe you should suggest having a what if reletaed event happen in the Contest, I would love to see some stuff done with that. Dr. Stark, Punisher Spider-Man, Punk Ghost Rider, the the Sorcerer Extreme are all cool ideas for new and obscure champs
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    Just the question, is the entire FF going to be science or cosmic?
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    edited January 2019
    Dr. Doom is a must
    Class: Tech
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Just the question, is the entire FF going to be science or cosmic?

the four are all going to be science. One of the mods explained Marvel said because they're influenced by radiation, they're science like Spidey Classic and the Hulks.
    I later found out about the Thing when I got a Top Trumps Super Heroes deck, although all I knew was he was apparently in the 4 and was an orange rocky-looking guy. The same deck introduced me to Wolverine, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, and a bunch of others I knew the names of and not much else...

I had no idea it was like that! :open_mouth:

What a ride to get to knowing these characters! When you eventually knew about Thing and more of the F4, did you like him more in there over She-Hulk? Or did having She-Hulk be part of your introduction to them kind of put a place in your heart?

I kinda like them both equally, but I do like Shulkie a lot after that story, even though the 4 were barely in it, from what I remember.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★

[...] you can find it online easily! It’s Issue #5 (July 1962), the Fantastic Four Meet Doctor Doom!

giphy.gif

Dr. Doom coming in july event confirmed? :D (maybe with Mr. Fantastic)
    Ooooh, I remembered the first story I read with Thing in: it was in a Marvel UK produced Hulk holiday special, which had 3 reprints in, one of which was a Peter David written story about Hulk and Thing getting together in some remote bar for an arm-wrestling match. The bar gets attacked by a coalition of super-villains, trying to kill them. The heroes ignore the villains and keep arm-wrestling until finally, Mentallo orders the dropping of a bomb on the bar. The building's flattened. Hulk and Thing are unharmed and still sat at their table. Then the chairs shatter and they call it a tie and walk off, completely unfazed. Funny as hell. The other two stories were a retelling of Hulk's origin from the POV of one of the soldiers at Gamma Base and a What If? story where The Leader transfers his consciousness and gamma-enhanced brain into Hulk's body.
  • GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    Ya know I'm thinking the other characters will be annihulus, future foundation spiderman (during that time when the human torch was thought to be dead.), and Doctor Doom
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    As you can tell by my user ID, I am a massive FF fan. I started reading in 1994 when I was 10 because I was very intrigued by the story arc involving the disappearance of Reed and Doom a few years prior and how they were finding them after being captured by Hyperstorm. My love for the 4 has only grown since and I have collected almost every issue and have read them all. I have been waiting for their arrival since I first downloaded the game in 2015 and am very excited they are getting so much attention.

I have always loved the sense of family within the team. I was raised on strong family values and this always attracted me to the book. Getting them back in a monthly mag has been incredible too.

I was excited to see Diablo as he is a very long running character, but he's also very unique and different and think you did a great job with him!

As for who I would like to see brought in the game, in no order, see below. I'm ignoring the FF who are obviously all coming in, and keeping it to 3 so I don't go overboard:

1) Namor the Sub-Mariner. An eternal thorn in the side of the FF, but also a great hero. I would be very curious to see how you work his abilities and possibly the water into his attacks and defenses. This is one of the oldest characters to still be involved in Marvel and think his inclusion is a must.

2) Super Skrull. A skrull with all the abiliities of the FF and his hypnosis would be sick. I know you are planning to bring in Skrulls from interviews I've read but this one would be extra special given his enhanced abilities and how you could tie these into his specials.

3) Dr Doom. For me, the greatest villain in all of comics history. He has it all. The tech. The mystic abilities. Incredible intellect. I'm gushing at what you can do with him and how incredible a character he would be. I have no doubt he is coming this year, but I felt the need to include him.

Thank you so much for finally bringing the FF into the contest, it's really made the game so much better for me. I can't wait to see how this plays out!
    As you can tell by my user ID, I am a massive FF fan. I started reading in 1994 when I was 10 because I was very intrigued by the story arc involving the disappearance of Reed and Doom a few years prior and how they were finding them after being captured by Hyperstorm. My love for the 4 has only grown since and I have collected almost every issue and have read them all. I have been waiting for their arrival since I first downloaded the game in 2015 and am very excited they are getting so much attention.

I have always loved the sense of family within the team. I was raised on strong family values and this always attracted me to the book. Getting them back in a monthly mag has been incredible too.

I was excited to see Diablo as he is a very long running character, but he's also very unique and different and think you did a great job with him!

As for who I would like to see brought in the game, in no order, see below. I'm ignoring the FF who are obviously all coming in, and keeping it to 3 so I don't go overboard:

1) Namor the Sub-Mariner. An eternal thorn in the side of the FF, but also a great hero. I would be very curious to see how you work his abilities and possibly the water into his attacks and defenses. This is one of the oldest characters to still be involved in Marvel and think his inclusion is a must.

2) Super Skrull. A skrull with all the abiliities of the FF and his hypnosis would be sick. I know you are planning to bring in Skrulls from interviews I've read but this one would be extra special given his enhanced abilities and how you could tie these into his specials.

3) Dr Doom. For me, the greatest villain in all of comics history. He has it all. The tech. The mystic abilities. Incredible intellect. I'm gushing at what you can do with him and how incredible a character he would be. I have no doubt he is coming this year, but I felt the need to include him.

Thank you so much for finally bringing the FF into the contest, it's really made the game so much better for me. I can't wait to see how this plays out!

Man I should of thought of super skrull
    Grecianfox wrote: »

They have a great list of options. Silver Surfer is obvious, but the Wrecking Crew would be cool, Adam Warlock, possibly the Puppet Master (think of the ability reduction), Mole Man, Molecule Man, Terrax, Annihulus, Blastaar, Impossible Man, or even Psycho-Man. Really a lot to work with here.
    Grecianfox wrote: »

They have a great list of options. Silver Surfer is obvious, but the Wrecking Crew would be cool, Adam Warlock, possibly the Puppet Master (think of the ability reduction), Mole Man, Molecule Man, Terrax, Annihulus, Blastaar, Impossible Man, or even Psycho-Man. Really a lot to work with here.

I think that super skrull will actually kinda be like thanos IW as a boss fight at the end of the F4 event
    Over Doom? He seems the perfect fit
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    Pls try to bring Mysterio into the contest. He is one of my favourite villains in the Marvel universe and it would be a joy to play with him :smile:
    Over Doom? He seems the perfect fit

Remember in the night thrasher motion comic a summoned symbiode he beats during it is shown to be a skrull at the end
  • elgaberinoelgaberino Posts: 74
    January 2019 has been the most exciting champ-addition month for me since Gwenpool (and DocOck and Gambit before that). I can't think of any character (besides maybe Squirrel Girl) who I'd rather see added than the Fan4 and their villains. Thank you so much for making 2019 an incredibly fun year already.

I confess I did not know of Diablo, but I like that now he's gonna be a "no duh" Marvel character for me because I play this game. That's how I experienced several other characters I didn't know about before, including Darkhawk, Moon Knight, Kang, and Magik.

Fan4 villains I particularly like are Super-Skrull, Blastaar, Terrax the Tamer, and Psycho-Man. But I don't know how obscure those are. Polled Summoners most prefer Doctor Doom and Galactus. Some more obscure ones I'd like to see include Molecule Man, Red Ghost and his Super Apes, Mole Man, and Wizard. Skrulls could include Paibok and Lyja. Maybe we could see a #Frightful Four gallery form that would also include Titania, Thundra, and Klaw?

Also, don't they sometimes fight Namor?
    As an aside, I'd be so pumped should Fan4 lead to an incursion of the Battlerealm into the Microverse, complete with Arcturus Rann, some Micronauts characters, and Captain Universe. I've been hoping (against hope) that's where the MCU Ant-Man "Quantum Realm" is taking us. There's so much bleed-over with Avengers and GOTG history, there, too. I know content so obscure is probably too much to ask from the next wave of movies or video game characters, but they've fought some cool villains, such as Baron Karza and Mentallo.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Klaw would be a fun character to introduce.
    edited January 2019
    Forgot to mention Annihilus and Gladiator (Kallark). And thanks for this thread!
  • FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    gquc968gfqlc.jpg
    This should be Doctor Doom's SP3! It's so badass
    edited January 2019
    elgaberino wrote: »
    some Micronauts characters,

Micronauts are owned by Hasbro and are part of their misguided attempt to make a shared universe of ROM Space Knight, GI Joe, MASK, Transformers and Visionaries.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Oh, for ROM to enter the contest in an effort to vanquish Dire Wraiths from the Battlerealm.

Dr. Zola
  • Fungeon wrote: »
    gquc968gfqlc.jpg

Nice! Do you happen to know what comic that's from?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Maybe we can get Namor with the release of Sue Storm as there is a bit of history between the two. It would be a great way to bring him into the game considering his early appearances in FF books.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Just realized Seatin always said have a fantastic day for 3 yrs he must been on to something lol
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Fungeon wrote: »
    gquc968gfqlc.jpg

Nice! Do you happen to know what comic that's from?
    3ap0zxsbaxvh.jpeg
  • Sigma1Sigma1 Posts: 5
    edited January 2019
    Hi Vydious thanks for the thread, i had a question dont know if it was asked allready but is Silver Surfer gonna be a playeble character? Im a big Silver Surfer fan and i hope he is mad OP this guy should be immune to everything! LOL great job on bringing in FF into the game about time! Good job!
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    My favorite superhero as I grew up is Spider-Man so I would like to see the white suite Fantastic Foundation Spider-Man in the game
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    I'm sorry. Future Foundation I mean
  • W737w7iiwiW737w7iiwi Posts: 74
    edited January 2019
    I really hope quicksilver and the 90's jean grey blue team or shadow car and jubliee be in the game soon because x.men gold and the blue team