Act 4 Energy Reduction

13»

Comments

  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 62
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    As you said previously, energy is free if they wait for it. Why is it important for new players to fully complete Act 4? Oh yeah, they want the rewards so they can bolster their roster for moving into Act 5. I don't care if people get better rewards elsewhere in the game. I had to painfully wait to build the correct roster to tackle specific content. If people wish to complete the content, it should include the same conditions as when everyone else did it. We don't agree on this, end of story.

    Soooooo..... Anyone alive before cars should get a free car.
    Anyone alive before computers should get a computer.
    Anyone alive before cell phones should get a free phone?
    The LG V40 came out and makes everything easier because its better than my V30, should I get the V40 for free because LG made changes to the phone to make it better?

    We are talking about a virtual game, not a physical product or depreciating asset. Your comparison is not logical.

    A virtual game you don't own or control. Kabam made a move to keep drawing players in which is their choice. They made a smart business move but people like you cant just be happy for the new player base. Its always "me, me, me".

    Correct, I don't own the game or the company but as a client, i have a voice and opinion, which should be valued. And yes, when it comes to a virtual product that I am continuously asked to spend hard earned money and time on , I expect a certain level of consideration when that thing is changed to the enhancement of others looking to achieve what I have already attained thru my time and money. You say it's a smart business move. I say that sounds an awful lot like someone who cares more about Kabam than someone who cares about the community playing and supporting this game.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 1,011 ★★★
    I'd take a title :smiley:
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,398 ★★★★★
    Everything in a game like this is more expensive if you do it earlier. I did LOL 100% and spent zero dollars. Some runs cost me zero units. The rewards also would have benefited me more if I had done it when it first came out. Eventually when we get higher ranked 6*s LOL will become much easier. At one time Act 4 was end game content. Doing it 100% was necessary for progression. Now a lot of people do a completion run and move straight to act 5. The old energy cost doesn't make sense any more. The fact that they are reducing the cost without compensating us doesn't mean that they don't value higher tier players just like the fact that Variant doesn't have a mid tier level doesn't meant that they don't value the mid tier. We ran act 4 at 3 energy per move because it made sense to do so. Others skipped 100% because it didn't make sense for them at that cost. Kabam reduced the cost because it made sense for the current progression of the game. Nothing to see here.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,718 ★★★★★
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    As you said previously, energy is free if they wait for it. Why is it important for new players to fully complete Act 4? Oh yeah, they want the rewards so they can bolster their roster for moving into Act 5. I don't care if people get better rewards elsewhere in the game. I had to painfully wait to build the correct roster to tackle specific content. If people wish to complete the content, it should include the same conditions as when everyone else did it. We don't agree on this, end of story.

    Soooooo..... Anyone alive before cars should get a free car.
    Anyone alive before computers should get a computer.
    Anyone alive before cell phones should get a free phone?
    The LG V40 came out and makes everything easier because its better than my V30, should I get the V40 for free because LG made changes to the phone to make it better?

    We are talking about a virtual game, not a physical product or depreciating asset. Your comparison is not logical.

    A virtual game you don't own or control. Kabam made a move to keep drawing players in which is their choice. They made a smart business move but people like you cant just be happy for the new player base. Its always "me, me, me".

    Correct, I don't own the game or the company but as a client, i have a voice and opinion, which should be valued. And yes, when it comes to a virtual product that I am continuously asked to spend hard earned money and time on , I expect a certain level of consideration when that thing is changed to the enhancement of others looking to achieve what I have already attained thru my time and money. You say it's a smart business move. I say that sounds an awful lot like someone who cares more about Kabam than someone who cares about the community playing and supporting this game.

    Spending money is an option. By taking that option by no means does it give you special powers. You are a "user" not a "client". You use their product that they have made very clear in the ToS that they can make changes at any point to the game as they see fit. Just because you spent money, doesnt mean you get a seat at the board of directors chair.

    Its a fine change. Has no impact on anyone that has already done act 4. New players already get more than we did that's more valuable than act 4 energy reduction.
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    not saying we should get anything, but this energy reduction was requested a lot and every time their response was that they have no intention to do anything like that... I think it's unfair to the players who bought energy refills because they were told energy reduction won't happen..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,718 ★★★★★
    not saying we should get anything, but this energy reduction was requested a lot and every time their response was that they have no intention to do anything like that... I think it's unfair to the players who bought energy refills because they were told energy reduction won't happen..

    They bought them to finish act 4, not because they were told it wouldn't get reduced.
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 62
    Everything in a game like this is more expensive if you do it earlier. I did LOL 100% and spent zero dollars. Some runs cost me zero units. The rewards also would have benefited me more if I had done it when it first came out. Eventually when we get higher ranked 6*s LOL will become much easier. At one time Act 4 was end game content. Doing it 100% was necessary for progression. Now a lot of people do a completion run and move straight to act 5. The old energy cost doesn't make sense any more. The fact that they are reducing the cost without compensating us doesn't mean that they don't value higher tier players just like the fact that Variant doesn't have a mid tier level doesn't meant that they don't value the mid tier. We ran act 4 at 3 energy per move because it made sense to do so. Others skipped 100% because it didn't make sense for them at that cost. Kabam reduced the cost because it made sense for the current progression of the game. Nothing to see here.

    You state “We ran act 4 at 3 energy per move because it made sense to do so.”

    This reads like something a Kabam employee would write ...
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 62
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    As you said previously, energy is free if they wait for it. Why is it important for new players to fully complete Act 4? Oh yeah, they want the rewards so they can bolster their roster for moving into Act 5. I don't care if people get better rewards elsewhere in the game. I had to painfully wait to build the correct roster to tackle specific content. If people wish to complete the content, it should include the same conditions as when everyone else did it. We don't agree on this, end of story.

    Soooooo..... Anyone alive before cars should get a free car.
    Anyone alive before computers should get a computer.
    Anyone alive before cell phones should get a free phone?
    The LG V40 came out and makes everything easier because its better than my V30, should I get the V40 for free because LG made changes to the phone to make it better?

    We are talking about a virtual game, not a physical product or depreciating asset. Your comparison is not logical.

    A virtua

    l game you don't own or control. Kabam made a move to keep drawing players in which is their choice. They made a smart business move but people like you cant just be happy for the new player base. Its always "me, me, me".

    Correct, I don't own the game or the company but as a client, i have a voice and opinion, which should be valued. And yes, when it comes to a virtual product that I am continuously asked to spend hard earned money and time on , I expect a certain level of consideration when that thing is changed to the enhancement of others looking to achieve what I have already attained thru my time and money. You say it's a smart business move. I say that sounds an awful lot like someone who cares more about Kabam than someone who cares about the community playing and supporting this game.

    Spending money is an option. By taking that option by no means does it give you special powers. You are a "user" not a "client". You use their product that they have made very clear in the ToS that they can make changes at any point to the game as they see fit. Just because you spent money, doesnt mean you get a seat at the board of directors chair.

    Its a fine change. Has no impact on anyone that has already done act 4. New players already get more than we did that's more valuable than act 4 energy reduction.

    So I’m a user, not a client? Again, sounds very much something a Kabam employee would say. I know that Kabam can change the game because of the TOS. That doesn’t mean everything they do will be correct (lots of examples of this like 12.1 patch).
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Wanna get more triggered? I haven’t 100%’ed Act 4 yet and I got the two refills ;) cheers mate! Please quit whining. This isn’t even a bad change. The rewards were the best in the game at that time, and pretty much the only way to get them. Now, while they are still good rewards, they aren’t anywhere NEAR as rare as they used to be.

    If you are saying people who haven’t 100%’ed it yet should pay the same as you did, you are also saying offers like 2500 units for a 4* crystal are worth exactly that. I’m not as tryhard as most of the good players, but I’ve been here since almost the beginning, and 4* back then were rare enough that anyone would GLADLY pay 2.5k units for a 4*. Fast forward to now, the game has moved on from 4* mostly. The same applies to Act 4 rewards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,718 ★★★★★
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    BDVM wrote: »
    As you said previously, energy is free if they wait for it. Why is it important for new players to fully complete Act 4? Oh yeah, they want the rewards so they can bolster their roster for moving into Act 5. I don't care if people get better rewards elsewhere in the game. I had to painfully wait to build the correct roster to tackle specific content. If people wish to complete the content, it should include the same conditions as when everyone else did it. We don't agree on this, end of story.

    Soooooo..... Anyone alive before cars should get a free car.
    Anyone alive before computers should get a computer.
    Anyone alive before cell phones should get a free phone?
    The LG V40 came out and makes everything easier because its better than my V30, should I get the V40 for free because LG made changes to the phone to make it better?

    We are talking about a virtual game, not a physical product or depreciating asset. Your comparison is not logical.

    A virtua

    l game you don't own or control. Kabam made a move to keep drawing players in which is their choice. They made a smart business move but people like you cant just be happy for the new player base. Its always "me, me, me".

    Correct, I don't own the game or the company but as a client, i have a voice and opinion, which should be valued. And yes, when it comes to a virtual product that I am continuously asked to spend hard earned money and time on , I expect a certain level of consideration when that thing is changed to the enhancement of others looking to achieve what I have already attained thru my time and money. You say it's a smart business move. I say that sounds an awful lot like someone who cares more about Kabam than someone who cares about the community playing and supporting this game.

    Spending money is an option. By taking that option by no means does it give you special powers. You are a "user" not a "client". You use their product that they have made very clear in the ToS that they can make changes at any point to the game as they see fit. Just because you spent money, doesnt mean you get a seat at the board of directors chair.

    Its a fine change. Has no impact on anyone that has already done act 4. New players already get more than we did that's more valuable than act 4 energy reduction.

    So I’m a user, not a client? Again, sounds very much something a Kabam employee would say. I know that Kabam can change the game because of the TOS. That doesn’t mean everything they do will be correct (lots of examples of this like 12.1 patch).

    @BDVM you are right. I'm a Kabam employee...NOT. Yes you are just a user. Spending money doesn't make you a client in mobile games since you don't sign a contract to be said client by spending. You don't get anything else extra because you spent. It doesnt mean your opinion is more valued vs F2P. We are all users of this game. They can do with their game as they like and you can go along with it or not. The move makes perfect sense for a mobile game 4 years in.

    They need to attract new players, making easier for them to get to a competitive state is great way to get the newer players in or bring others back. Like the decision or not but we arent owed anything for something we could have done with free energy.
  • Hey All,

    Happy to see all of the back and forth and great conversation going on in here! A little less thrilled to see some of the name calling and the non-constructive conversation, but we'll clean that up. We have no intention of doing any sort of compensation for this change. This is just a natural evolution of the Contest.

    Things have come a long way since we introduced Act 4, and with so much more content coming down the pipeline, like Act 6 and Map 7, we want to ensure that we can help players get to this new Content eventually.

    This one is more of an improvement for newer players, but as you have seen lately, we have been hard at work making new and exciting content for more advanced players, such as Variant difficulty.

    We'll be closing this thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.