**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI way too aggressive coming out of a third special attack

Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
It's enough as it is, having to bait specials from the AI in various game modes. Of course, most of us don't mind baiting specials and most of us are probably pretty good at it.

It's a massive problem, however, when the AI is already beginning a 5 hit combo on you immediately as the animation for the third special attack comes to an end. The AI has a distinctly unfair advantage coming out of the animation. More often than not, it is already dashing in to attack when the animation concludes and we can't do anything but sit back and watch as our champs get wailed on.

This needs to be fixed. At the conclusion of the third special animation, champions need to start at opposite ends of the battle stage.

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Happens all the time vs Hyperion and Mordo. They are dashing in immediately after the L3 animation ends. I just hold block in preparation for their attack.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    CB is notorious for it too. It's BS.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    Same problem, I'm on corner with him/her hitting me as fast as they can when the SP3 animation stops
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Husky54 wrote: »
    It's enough as it is, having to bait specials from the AI in various game modes. Of course, most of us don't mind baiting specials and most of us are probably pretty good at it.

It's a massive problem, however, when the AI is already beginning a 5 hit combo on you immediately as the animation for the third special attack comes to an end. The AI has a distinctly unfair advantage coming out of the animation. More often than not, it is already dashing in to attack when the animation concludes and we can't do anything but sit back and watch as our champs get wailed on.

This needs to be fixed. At the conclusion of the third special animation, champions need to start at opposite ends of the battle stage.
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Happens all the time vs Hyperion and Mordo. They are dashing in immediately after the L3 animation ends. I just hold block in preparation for their attack.
    Hyperion is definitely the worst for it among champs that do not stun with their s3.

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    For Hyperion it seems like he is more aggressive in some modes than in others coming out of his s3 too. In AQ/AW he is especially tough sometimes, so it forces you to make sure that you have a person with a good power control champ take those paths (at least in AQ where he can be planned for). In the monthly special events he is not as bad in my opinion.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    I should not be getting blasted immediately coming out of any third special and it needs to change yesterday.
  • Gari90Gari90 Posts: 46
    edited July 2017
    I totally agree with you, but like I said before - you will be ignored like many before you. They will milk $ on every bug as long as possible and will ignore us reporting those bugs even longer. Let me call it "Kabam Business Model".

There were times when I was using my potions and items because I screwed up. Today, 90% of my potions are used due to bugs that are EVERYWHERE. Dashing back? Bugged. Blocking? Bugged. Attacking? Bugged. Parrying? Bugged. Specials? Bugged. There is not a single thing in this game that isn't bug. Oh, I'm sorry. My bad. Store works perfectly fine every time.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Yeah Hyperion doing his L3 and right after you are against the wall and he does a heavy attack before you can do anything, not really fun
  • Raider17Raider17 Posts: 28
    100% agree with everything said here, KABAM please look into this for us.
    Every time I come out of a SP3 now, the AI is already attacking me.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, @Kabam Miike

If I can't do it then the AI shouldn't be able to do it either.
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    Every single character in the game will do this cornering thing if they get the chance, especially if you are low in health and they can KO you.

Oldest trick in the book to ramp up the AI speed and make them insta everything so they can steamroller you out if a fight. Some heroes do it more than others, like insta- heavying, one of the most annoying AI traits, meaning you can do 10 fights in a row and all of a sudden they heavy so quickly you are done before you can even adjust to it.

It's callous, underhand and very typical of freemium games like this. But Kabam are exceptionally good at it, the AI in this game is very highly developed to such a high level, top players are effectively cheating the AI to get high streaks etc.

How often above you played a basic match 3 game and suddenly hit a wall at a level s much more crazily hard than anything you have faced previously.
    Perfect example of the case:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmvkDKyilM

The one with Mordo, 3rd special, the animation is over, the guy didn't even get to stand up fully and Mordo was already kicking his ass.

And of course not a single F*** given by Kabam. PAY!
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    I don't know why they changed it. I haven't been caught by it since the beginning but even the block damage sucks.
    edited July 2017
    They changed it to make it harder for us. And I'm fine with it, as long as we can adjust to the changes. But this is not something we can adjust to - we are screwed no matter what we do. It's pure "f*** you, buy potions, pay us".
    Gari90 wrote: »
    Perfect example of the case:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmvkDKyilM

The one with Mordo, 3rd special, the animation is over, the guy didn't even get to stand up fully and Mordo was already kicking his ass.

And of course not a single F*** given by Kabam. PAY!

Excellent video. Thank you for sharing. This happens all the time.

Kabam..... are you listening?

Do you care......?

Didn't think so
    They don't. They act like they were given a list of threads/issues to be ignored.
    Can we get an official response here @Kabam Miike ????
    Kabam... your silence speaks volumes. Enemies shouldn't be mid-attack after an L3. We're not able to do that so why is the AI allowed?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Crickets.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It's intentional as are the other impossible ai maneuvers. They won't respond