**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So, I duped 5☆ Iron Man (not IW) ... how to use him?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
I know the champ is poor and many will not be using him (even if duped).
So, I searched through the forum and found these three posts.
B1gG4z wrote: »
I have a rank 4 IM and he is 100% a solo lane clearer in AW and AQ but I use him for AW. He’s a beast and saved me so many items. A small team revive (7k of loyalty- I buy 10 at a time) then 1 silver health pot and he’s back to 75% health. He’s such a beast.
Saiyan wrote: »
The question is, is he awakened? Since he's your second ever I doubt it but if he is then he's 100% worth a R3 hands down. He's not the hardest hitter but the man can carry you from start to finish of AQ easy. Back when I first started playing and up to Map 4 I used a 4/40 Sup Iron Man and he was great. Only reason I stopped is cuz he's still at 4/40, I do map 5 now and better champs came along.
Map 6 and tier 1 War IM and SIM will save u tons of potions and revives with their arc overload. lol I don't know why you'd ever want to put them on defense. R4 5* will plow through the field in War

Going to try it.

I think another way is to utilise the CAIW synergy where Tech champs will drain all residual power (after) a special is used.

Any other good ideas?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Found another! :)
    dot_ditto wrote: »
    5* Iron Man (original), took to Rank 3 ... :)
    His duped (sig 40) .. and my only duped 5* ...
    and my other 5* at the time (when 5* first came out): Black Panther, Storm and Starlord (all unduped) ..

Haven't regretted it .. he tanks all the fodder quite nicely .. and is pretty dang hard to kill .. even with degen nodes, spiked armor, etc, etc ... lol
    :)

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    How to use Iron Man?

You swipe backwards to dash back, swipe forward to dash attack forward, tap left side of screen to block, tap right side of screen to use a light attack, tap hold and release right side of screen to use a heavy attack. :)
    It's not the champ but the Summoner. ;)

https://youtu.be/0dl7LdPdBkg
    xNig wrote: »
    How to use Iron Man?

You swipe backwards to dash back, swipe forward to dash attack forward, tap left side of screen to block, tap right side of screen to use a light attack, tap hold and release right side of screen to use a heavy attack. :)

and this too ... :D
    His damage is sub par, agree. But he has his uses. I have an ally mate who uses his R3 Iron Man to handle Map 6 Thorns and Starburst/Degen nodes. You just need to learn how to use time outs more effectively. (Limited to AQ only though)

• Save to special 2 or three try to time attack special 2 with dexterity buff of use special 3 when you are below 50% health for courage mastery damange
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    I have an r4 sim, trust me, not worth anything past r3
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Rikurema wrote: »
    I have an r4 sim, trust me, not worth anything past r3

Nah he aint even worth taking past r1
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    winterthur wrote: »
    Found another! :)
    dot_ditto wrote: »
    5* Iron Man (original), took to Rank 3 ... :)
    His duped (sig 40) .. and my only duped 5* ...
    and my other 5* at the time (when 5* first came out): Black Panther, Storm and Starlord (all unduped) ..

Haven't regretted it .. he tanks all the fodder quite nicely .. and is pretty dang hard to kill .. even with degen nodes, spiked armor, etc, etc ... lol

Dat's me! :) yeah, he's good for goon clearing, not so good for bosses ...

If he's not awakened, he's useless . if he's awakened, he's more useful than most give him credit for .. (not as good as the other OP champs recently .. but hey .. you work with what you have) ..

The thing that makes him the strongest, is his arc overload .. what that means, is you have to make sure you don't get bursted past the 15% mark .. (so if you have to, just accept a blocked hit, rather than risk evading it if you're not 100% sure you can evade it ... ) If it triggers the arc overload, that's fine .. just try to finish the fight shortly after the regen finishes.

I'll often do the following if low: work the enemy down to a sliver of health .. then let him hit me down to 15% .. (unblocked if not strong, blocked if they hit too hard ... ) .. and trigger arc overload .. save your lvl 3 ... once you get your regen back to like 75% health or whatever ... lvl 3..end the fight ...

Next fight, lather rinse repeat as needed.

If done properly, he's practically unkillable .. but again, that's pending the opponents ... get a "big" opponent or something tough, and you could get bursted through the 15% ..

that's the main reason why most don't like him ... he works like a high risk, high reward champ.

Good luck!

[edit]
    and yeah, I'd recommend using his Sp 2 most of the time .. it does very good dmg .. but it's tricky to hit .. for some reason they decided it's one of the few specials in the game you can't combo after a 5 hit combo ... do it after a parry, or as a fade away when they charge you .. or after 1 hit ... works best that way .. *shrug*
    [/edit]

or if you don't want the headache, save for the sp 3 ... but sp 1 does no dmg, not worth the time , IMHO
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    His damage is sub par, agree. But he has his uses. I have an ally mate who uses his R3 Iron Man to handle Map 6 Thorns and Starburst/Degen nodes. You just need to learn how to use time outs more effectively. (Limited to AQ only though)

Yep, I used to do this all the time .. LOL

My team:

4* Iron man (classic)
    4* Superior Iron Man
    4* Iron Patriot .

LOL
    cheesed the heck out of everything with them ... hehe