**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* crystal - people always say go for basics

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
heres 15 5* in under 2minutes

whats your most 15 recent 5* pulls?

https://youtu.be/iY0LSzfO7wU

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    mine was og cap between 2 ip. would take ip if I could, some 6* shards at least
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Thats gotta be one of the most a-typical 5* basic openings ive ever seen. I know youve got them all duped already so its less desirable for you, but lot of good champs pulled there.

Ive pulled nothing but trash to mid tier from basic for months. Only good pulls ive got have come from featured.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Thats gotta be one of the most a-typical 5* basic openings ive ever seen. I know youve got them all duped already so its less desirable for you, but lot of good champs pulled there.

Ive pulled nothing but trash to mid tier from basic for months. Only good pulls ive got have come from featured.

ok? its my roster and of ofcourse we all want good pulls.

we are all at different progression of the game.

everyone was at the point where they started off with only handful of champions.

and i seen alot of people pull trash from featured, we dont know how long or how much time u spend grinding for shards,
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    My most recent pulls were red hulk and doc ock. And I'm opening another one today.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    As a F2P player I've only had the misfortune to opened five 5* crystals (sad I know). But any pull of mine has been great:
    1rst pull: Medusa
    2nd pull: Taskmaster
    3rd pull: Gwenpool
    4th pull: Taskmaster
    5th pull: Venom

I guess it is all about luck.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    I’m a f2p player as well, but I’ve been playing for over 2 years. My 5* roster is large now, so I mainly open featured. I popped 6 a few weeks back hoping for Aegon, but got 2 Iceman (already have him at r5, but the sigs help). Duped my YJ and AV, but they are just used in arenas, but I did get a good consolation prize as 2 Stark Spideys which I didn’t have at all. A good pull by most standards, but a minor letdown for me.
  • Options
    KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59
    F2P also so I haven’t got many 5*’s either but the luck has been good. In order: Green Goblin, Yondu, OG Spider-Man, Ghost, X-23, Gambit, Blade
  • Options
    F2p but my RNG is good:Ronan,rhino,gwenpool,Green Goblin,Void,Starkly,Colossus,Nebula,AA,Quake,Og cap,
  • Options
    And wasp!
  • Options
    And wasp!
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    My latest are sabretooth, DV, and Emma all from basics
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    If you have a full roster and there are multiple champs in featured that will help you, then featureds can be a smart play. If you're just starting to build a 5* roster, then you're probably much better off with basics.

I've opened lots of the previous 2 rounds of featureds and got some great champs from them. This round it's really only sym sup that I want so I'm back to basics for the time being
  • Options
    tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    It’s not that complicated, but it’s different for every player.

X= % of champs you want in basic
    Y= % of champs you want in featured

If X*1.5 > Y get basics
    If X*1.5 < Y get featured

Opening 1 crystal is completely RNG, but if you always go with the odds, you have the best chance of getting a champ you want
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    m08iggk9bqki.png

I said I had another crystal left. I'm doing great.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    For me it went..

Basics: Sabretooth, Psylocke, OG Iron Man, Howard the Duck, Netflix DD, Netflix DD, Storm, and Jane Foster.

Featured: Ægon

Not sure how I feel since I've only popped one featured, but basic has disappointed me ALMOST every time.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Last 23 basics:

Dupe VP
    KK
    Dupe Cyke
    Dupe Psylocke
    Re-dupe Psylocke 40
    Sentry
    Re-dupe Medusa (3rd) 140
    Dupe Mordo
    Dupe Nebula
    Dupe ‘90’s Cyke
    Miles
    Dupe Venom
    Dupe Falcon
    Re-dupe Iron Fist 40
    Elektra
    OML
    Luke Cage
    Hela
    Yondu
    Dupe Phoenix
    Punisher 2099
    Re-dupe Phoenix 40
    Re-dupe Iron Fist 60

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Last 3 pulls on my main were luke cage, kingpin and venompool
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I always calculate how many % of champs I want from basic and from featured. Then I multiply the % of basic by 1,5 and buy the one with better chance. Also my last 15 pulls (not in this order):

Cap IW, Doc Ock, Psylocke, Crossbones, Iceman (this one from featured), Daredevil (Netflix), Cyclops (blue), Kamala Khan, Sentry, King Groot, Civil Panther, Ironman, Carnage, Yellowjacket, Ronan
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    do what makes sense to you. I tried featured twice and got burned twice. It stings more than when you open a basic crystal. Having said that I'm hoarding 5* crystal shards right now and there is a small chance I will go for the Blade featured crystal. I say small chance because I looked at all the champs available in the basic crystals and I added up how many champs I would be ok with getting for the first time or duping and my odds are better (about 30%) of pulling one of those than a blade with the featured crystal (but that doesn't take into account still having the odds to pull these on those crystals)....With basics I get to open more of them making my roster stronger in the long term than trying to go for a quick fix that may or may not play out the way i want it to. It's all chance in the end...do you for for the high risk high reward slot machines or the low risk machines? Really up to you and what you can "afford" to use up.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    most recent were OG cap, kingpin, old logan and vulture.
  • Options
    Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    My last few were Ultron, crossbones, captain marvel from my basics pulls. Before that, it was evil cyke, king groot, and magik. It's not too shabby.
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Going back now from memory Thor Jane, Thor rags, quake, falcon dupe, NC, SS, ronan, ghost, ST, domino and medusa. Watching your video most people would sell their left nut for those pulls. Especially given people are selling a kidney for an I phone these days.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    15 latest ones? maaaaan

-Falcon.
    -Gulk
    -Korg.
    -Proxima Midnight.
    -Heimdall.
    -Ultron.
    -Mephisto.
    -Morningstar.
    -Drax.

my latest 9, don't expect me to renember the rest lol.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    My luck has been rough for 4 months. And that expands across all crystals. I am convinced at this point it’s because I’m f2p. The biggest spender I know pulls god tier after god tier and I get trash after trash.
  • Options

everyone was at the point where they started off with only handful of champions.

and i seen alot of people pull trash from featured, we dont know how long or how much time u spend grinding for shards,

Wait maybe Im lost. Is your video saying you had good pulls or bad from those basic? I didnt listen to sound if there was commentary. My post was not meant as an attack if thats how it came off.

Oh Ive got lots of trash from featured, no question there. Just had better luck from feature of late then basics.

none of the pulls was good, sure i got blade and korg but they was max sig.

other than that i added sig stones to champs i guess
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

Wait maybe Im lost. Is your video saying you had good pulls or bad from those basic? I didnt listen to sound if there was commentary. My post was not meant as an attack if thats how it came off.

Oh Ive got lots of trash from featured, no question there. Just had better luck from feature of late then basics.

none of the pulls was good, sure i got blade and korg but they was max sig.

other than that i added sig stones to champs i guess

Oh ok, Im saying same thing, I think. I know pain of pulling a good champ when you already have em maxed sig. Only good champs I seem to pull from basics are blade, x23 and ice. All high sig and/or max 😂