**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Corvus glaive overrated?

I frankly think he is. He has the no damage from bleed, cold snap immunity, Ts, and insane damage, but this doesn’t last very long at all. He is good for characters like IMIW and og spidey, but there are way better champions than him. His main use is AW and even there he runs out of glaive charges before he kills someone (story quests like act 5 are a pain to do with him because of their health pools). I feel like in act 6 he’s not going to be very useful at all. This is just my opinion so don’t hate me.

Comments

• PiccoloSBCPiccoloSBC Posts: 103
    @The_One that’s exactly why I don’t like him. He relies a lot on boosts for rapid fire special 2’s and also needs suicides. He’s good but really overrated
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Yeah... He's more of a utility champ to make the easier fights shorter and smoother
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Imo with all of his missions he is great, literally if you get all 4 you are set. I have a rank 4 4* version and I tested him against maestro, with 2 or 3 missions I think it was he hit like 30k on his sp2
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Definetely not
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    He’s not too op at all,he’s not overrated either. He was perfectly designed. When I run outta charges usually the dudes almost dead and I just beat him to death before charges even come back. I even use him to take out Medusa and modok bosses,even without the proxima synergy. Gotta be patient and he is very rewarding
  • MayhoshMayhosh Posts: 17
    edited February 2019
    Definitely yes.
    I have him as 4*,5* & 6*.

He is a real beast on some specific conditions but not a game changer.

-When you consume your charges he hits so soft and it takes a lot of time to regain those charges.
    -you have to take some blocked hits in order to fill 2 bars of power in order knock down opponent with glaive charge.
    -his sig ability is almost useless. It is almost impossible consume 20 charges in 30 seconds while doing end game content.
    -his synergy partners are not decent options for aw.

On the other hand he is probably the best champ ever for aq.
    - if you are running suicides he can heal 8-10 percent in a fight.
    - he can easily counter very annoying Champs like iceman, wasp and Imiw.
    Also he is one of the best to gain legend (one of the meaningless thing for me)

I am not unhappy having him in my roster. But he can't make through the top 10.
  • PiccoloSBCPiccoloSBC Posts: 103
    @Chuckiesol so? Ghost can hit multiple 60k crits on her special 2 and unlike Corvus they don’t go away after a while. Domino can do a 80k special 3 with a massive 20k crit bleed. Lots of champs have high damage, corvus is pretty overrated when it comes to most things.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    I used him a lot in variant running suicides but agree with others he has his limitations - which is how he has balance. Variant actually highlighted his sig ability in spots. Downed the degen sent going into fight with like 5% health since he won’t die to recoil / degen as long as he has charges.

Trial of Alchemist, epic level.. usually my r5 5* is on bench for that but for 90% of my day to day, whether it be EQ, AW, or AQ when not on AWO he works great without suicides and only do boosting for AW to maximizing damage during 20 charges / multiple L2s. When Act vi rolls out there is good chance he may find himself on the bench again.

Nice thing is he doesn’t rely on synergies like a lot of others (Proxima synergy only works if you know for sure gonna get evade / auto block champ) so only need one slot for him and his play style is very basic.

Ghost on the other hand... I need to get my hands on her. Her main downfall is required to suck up couple spots usually for synergies and requires some practice to a different play style. Similar to sparky I believe she is a glass cannon but man does she have utility and damage.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Right good point i have a r4 5 n i am going to rank my ghost over him
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Can honestly say I never use my 5* r3. Other champs like Hyperion and winter soldier can do similar damage consistency and there are just better immunities champs I would rather bring in. He’s a great champ don’t get me wrong, but in relation to Seatin’s tier list I don’t think he’s beyond god tier (not that I personally hold tier lists in high regard anyway)
    edited February 2019
    Basically I believe it may be

1) Corvus - High damage w/ limited duration, easy play style, some utility (some immunities, armor break), can get by without synergies (but one can be helpful), damage typically very front loaded

2) Domino - High damage w/ no duration, easy play style, not much for utility (crit failure isn’t high enough to be reliable - just little bonus when it happens - though adds some to her damage), can get by without synergies (but couple can be helpful)

3) Ghost - High damage w/ no duration, more complicated playstyle, plenty of utility, typically/always relies on synergies for play style

• SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Hyperion is the best cosmic champion, idc what anyone else says
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    check these fights of my corvus

0 CHARGES vs sentinel...

gulk mini boss debuff immune
  • ChuckiesolChuckiesol Posts: 63
    edited February 2019
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »
    @Chuckiesol so? Ghost can hit multiple 60k crits on her special 2 and unlike Corvus they don’t go away after a while. Domino can do a 80k special 3 with a massive 20k crit bleed. Lots of champs have high damage, corvus is pretty overrated when it comes to most things.

@PiccoloSBC What do you mean so? Ghost's 60k crits do go away...when she loses cruelty buffs (Idk if you sp3'ing a lot during normal fights). Which she gets from RNG...RNG also responsible for Domino's critical bleeds. No RNG for Corvus. Plus Ghost is not casual at all, needs synergies, and is straight up not as fun checking timers constantly. I have 5* r3 Ghost and don't use her. Sure my Ghost skills suck but I don't really care cause Corvus lol.

Idk if people find it fun to prolong fights or what but that isn't my thing so Corvus, being the only one that can do it quick, can't be overrated.
    check these fights of my corvus

0 CHARGES vs sentinel...

Ha that's a Flare fight it looks like -> a little misleading but yes he is great for a lot of flare matchups to down them fast.

Suicides help a lot early on when he doesn't have charges though unless you are in top tier wars most don't want to incur unit costs of switch suicides on/off for every war (unless your alliance is fine with your AWD placements having suicides on). Suicides, boosts, and a couple charges and people would be amazed how much can be done in 20 glaive charges with Corvus (usually less). Even in spots like Variant where you may be frustrated and don't have the mechanics of a fight down well enough to survive super long, with Corvus (for cosmic maps) if you can get through his 20 charges you can put some major hurt on things and chip them down in chunks.

If down the road the allow multiple mastery setup with low costs to switch (maybe costs more incurred unlocking items again on second set), people will quickly see how Corvus plus suicides is pretty amazing in so many modes of the game. If I had suicides on all the time I would more likely pull him into Epic Trails and Act VI (which for parts I will probably put on suicides just to plow through some stuff with him)

(Note I am in the Pro-Corvus camp. -> have r5 5* on both my accounts and if I pull a 6* he would move top of queue for next t5b rank up)
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    He is not over rated at all. Mine is 5/65 and doing great work everywhere, aw, variant, special missions... He would have killed it in act 5 if I'd had him before i did it 100%. Him not causing bleed is a good thing, he can mow through those cornered lanes.
    Sounds to me like the people hating on Corvus havent even pulled a 4 star version of him. You need to play a champion and judge if he’s good.
    Chuckiesol wrote: »
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »

@PiccoloSBC What do you mean so? Ghost's 60k crits do go away...when she loses cruelty buffs (Idk if you sp3'ing a lot during normal fights). Which she gets from RNG...RNG also responsible for Domino's critical bleeds. No RNG for Corvus. Plus Ghost is not casual at all, needs synergies, and is straight up not as fun checking timers constantly. I have 5* r3 Ghost and don't use her. Sure my Ghost skills suck but I don't really care cause Corvus lol.

Idk if people find it fun to prolong fights or what but that isn't my thing so Corvus, being the only one that can do it quick, can't be overrated.
    No they don’t all you need to do is dash back for guaranteed crits, and wasp just makes those crits guaranteed due to unblockable special synergy