**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

gulk vs rulk

AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
so who is better overall in your opinion? looks like rulk had more damage, while gulk has some utility with heal block on sp1. also gulk's face me thing on some reason works only on some nodes and champs and doesn't on others (for example bane, omega spores also don't trigger it). if there's something I'm missing, please tell me about it

gulk vs rulk 54 votes

gulk
59%
Vdh2008samalasravanHaji_Saabngray13Sixshot1LilMaddogHTYouconfusedHilldarTheMightyKahrBirdReynoldsScottydoosmashPeterQuillAMChive2KillerRino19Stagedear85lIPowerIlcx23433XxLoganTDCxXShadow_PhoneixMarvel2289 32 votes
rulk
40%
Erza_ScarletFabiusBRAxeCopFirebuffajrAlex13369arsjumWrathfulRavenMrTicTac19992008axelelf_1Zlatn1qmozzytom523sbdjdkNodude78CoachDitkaZeronaut81doctorbFhfjghhggggjfhfjgMbizzChuckiesol 22 votes

Comments

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    gulk
    Both are solid, and I would take either of them to R4 5 star duped. Both poison immune, both good durability...

GHulk has a small bit more utility with "Face Me" and crowd frenzy, etc. So he edges out RHulk in my book.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Gulk's Face Me only works on Passive effects, and it doesn't effect some Degen Nodes because some Buff you while giving you damage which would be way OP if you could just heal all that damage while keeping the Attack boost or whatever it boosts.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Also that's a really tough choice, I think both are equal.
  • rulk
    I took my Gulk to R4 immediately since everyone was praising him and he’s been benched almost the whole time. Got Rulk shortly after and find him much better. Gulk has only a few champs that he excels at and even fewer nodes. I’d rank down Gulk and take up rulk in a heartbeat, if given the chance. Gulk has the utility but tend to prefer raw damage most times.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Gulk's Face Me only works on Passive effects, and it doesn't effect some Degen Nodes because some Buff you while giving you damage which would be way OP if you could just heal all that damage while keeping the Attack boost or whatever it boosts.

as I get it, bane is passive, as well as omega's spores. agent venom can't shrug any of those, and the icon is like it's passive. I guess I like gulk's animation more, but his use looks very limited
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Rulk works for more fights but Gulk works for trickier ones where you might need a specific counter. Rulk is also part of a far better synergy team. Just duped my 6* rulk to go with my r2 6* domino. Definitely not upset
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    which is your favorite bad energy drink? gulk that makes you glow green in the dark or rulk that makes you feel like that all your hair is on fire.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Rulk works for more fights but Gulk works for trickier ones where you might need a specific counter. Rulk is also part of a far better synergy team. Just duped my 6* rulk to go with my r2 6* domino. Definitely not upset

some insane luck with your 6* pulls, congrats! do you consider taking rulk to rank 2?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Aleor wrote: »

some insane luck with your 6* pulls, congrats! do you consider taking rulk to rank 2?

Eh I don't know about insane luck. I've opened 10 I think now and didn't get a good pull until #6. Think it went KP, GG, BB, Pun 2099, Storm, HE, domino, capiw, Rulk, and Rulk. So yeah, luck definitely picked up on the backside

Dunno about r2. I have multiple 5*s I'd like to r5 still and it costs so much more to R2 a 6*. Domino isn't my main attacker so I'm torn