**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom not canceling evade on Spider-Man Miles Morales [Merged Threads]

BAG4DAYSBAG4DAYS Posts: 216
edited February 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf

I was playing on the uncollected Havok map last night and noticed that while playing with Venom against Spider-Man Miles Morales he was still able to evade my incoming attacks. According to Venom's bios he is supposed to eliminate any spider hero evade. Could you look into this please?
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    In this month's brand new event I just took my R4 5* Venom against uncollected Buffet Spiderman Miles Morales (first fight of 3.1) and immediately Miles evaded! Does anyone know if this is just a bug with this node, or if it's an interaction with buffet somehow? I've never seen Miles evade before when using Venom
    5856nsgahwfr.png
    Ahhhh that makes sense! So Buffet eats the Klyntar buff, and then Venom doesn't stop the evade. Interesting interaction
  • TheCavemanTheCaveman Posts: 2
    When you fight against Spider-Man Miles in 3.1 on Epic in the new event he still can evade Venom. How is this possible?

Gr Caveman
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Including a video of the same would be helpful :)
  • TheCavemanTheCaveman Posts: 2
    How?? 😓
  • MrKillaChrisMrKillaChris Posts: 109
    edited February 2019
    It's known that the New Venom buff makes it so that Spidey Verse Champs cannot Evade, but in the new Update Miles Morales can Evade Venom, I notice this in Uncollected, Havoc's chapter.

https://youtu.be/lFMsQq_mTd8

In this video I actually came out and game and went back in just to see if it would happen again, and sure it actually did.
    I also just posted about this lol
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★
    I havent reached the level yet, but Venom only counters passive evades - while Miles, SpiderGwen and so are active.
    I havent reached the level yet, but Venom only counters passive evades - while Miles, SpiderGwen and so are active.

Please stop, It says All Spidey Verse champs, so every thing Spider being in this game can not Evade him.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★

Please stop, It says All Spidey Verse champs, so every thing Spider being in this game can not Evade him.

Please stop. It says; "- Spider-Verse Heroes: All attacks ignore Passive Evade effects". Miles however gains 5 charges of evasion, which means it isnt passive. Spider-Man gains no charges and his evasion is passive. Therefore Venom is a good counter against him.
    edited February 2019

edited February 2019

Please stop. It says; "- Spider-Verse Heroes: All attacks ignore Passive Evade effects". Miles however gains 5 charges of evasion, which means it isnt passive. Spider-Man gains no charges and his evasion is passive. Therefore Venom is a good counter against him.

So your saying the game was bugged the whole time and with this new update they fixed it so he can't stop miles evade now ?
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    edited February 2019
    @TheCaveman @MrKillaChris someone else already asked this and gotten his reply. It is the buffet node that removed the klyntar buff and hence Venom doesn’t stop the passive evades. You can see right at the start of the fight that buffet was triggered and there was no klyntar buff icon.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    The Buffet node removes the Klyntar buff
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    The Buffet node removes the Klyntar buff

This
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    There was an update maybe about a year ago that made miles, cosmic spidey, and SG evades passive. Just because an icon pops up doesnt mean it is a buff.

Also, yes, venom needs the klyntar BUFF to prevent evades.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Venom couldn't have Klyntar Buffs. And without Klyntar Buffs he CAN'T deactivate Spider-Senses.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Klyntar buff ... Not a bug.
    And dexterity is the only active evade in the game. Every other evade is passive
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 225
    if you look at venoms buffs his klytar buff has been removed.. thus he cannot sense the spiders
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    So, I thought Venom could counter any spider-verse hero by completely avoiding the passive evade from happening.
    I just tried with Miles Morales, in monthly uncollected event quest 3.1 and he was still able to evade.
    The node is Buffet but I don't see how this could prevent Venom's ability to "nullify" the evade. Any idea?
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Already a couple threads on this. It’s cuz buffet removes the Klyntar buff, allowing miles Morales to evade
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Buffet nullified the Klyntar Buff. Venom needs that buff to trigger some of his abilities, including counter the evasion of spider-verse heroes
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Someone just posted this yesterday. Buffet nullifies Venom’s Klyntar buff nullifying his ability to prevent evade.
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    ok guys, thx, I didn't see that!
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    It is not a bug when venom klyntar buff is removed he cannot avoid these evades and the buff is removed through buffet so stop posting about this situation
  • I remember Widow always having problems preventing Miles from evading also, so obviously his evade is different from OG Spidey. Probably as mentioned because Miles has a stack count of potential evades (and Gwen is an active buff after SP1 allowing her to evade), so probably they are NOT Passive Evades.