**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5* Emma vs. 5* Hype both unduped

Guys, I am in trouble. I got really lucky in my two last 5* crystal draws and got Emma Frost and Hyperion. No it’s rank up time, but I only have the resources to bring one of both to rank 3 (soon rank 4). Who to take?! I can fight well with both. The question is, who is more useful unduped.

5* Emma vs. 5* Hype both unduped 32 votes

Goddess in White (Emma Frost)
34% 11 votes
The other gym guy (Hyperion)
65% 21 votes

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I'm really going against the grain here I guess but I'm going to make a case for Emma Frost. Don't get me wrong Hyperion is amazing and when duped I'd say take him up over emma any day of the week but I think people actually undervalue the importance of his signature ability. Without it, it's a lot harder to get into a good cycle of heavies and sp2s that makes him so amazing. Emma has a lot of utility that will be very important if you don't have champions like her ranked up already primarily her immunities.

It's very close pretty just up to who you like playing more but myself personally would go for Emma frost even though I love hype.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Hyperion is a cheat code
  • LaserjungeLaserjunge Posts: 33
    I also recognized that it is much easier to get into a powerful SP2 with Emma than with unduped Hype. Plus the stack of immunities. This makes me tending to Emma right now.
  • OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    Whoever you like to use better, people always going to say the “god” champs but they’re subjective. How many thinking hype actually have Emma and used her enough to honestly compare
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Sungj wrote: »
    I'm really going against the grain here I guess but I'm going to make a case for Emma Frost. Don't get me wrong Hyperion is amazing and when duped I'd say take him up over emma any day of the week but I think people actually undervalue the importance of his signature ability. Without it, it's a lot harder to get into a good cycle of heavies and sp2s that makes him so amazing. Emma has a lot of utility that will be very important if you don't have champions like her ranked up already primarily her immunities.

It's very close pretty just up to who you like playing more but myself personally would go for Emma frost even though I love hype.

Can't stress that enough. As far as OP, If you're serious about ranking Hype up and making him a mainstay on your teams, The sig is absolutely essential and bordering on generic worthy. More duration on fury, incinerates, power gain, and regen = More damage. Probably THEE most slept on sig ability amongst the elite champs in the game. If someone tells you it's not needed DO NOT listen to them.
  • Quero muito 🤤👌
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Kennado wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »

Can't stress that enough. As far as OP, If you're serious about ranking Hype up and making him a mainstay on your teams, The sig is absolutely essential and bordering on generic worthy. More duration on fury, incinerates, power gain, and regen = More damage. Probably THEE most slept on sig ability amongst the elite champs in the game. If someone tells you it's not needed DO NOT listen to them.

I agree with most of this. However, his sig has nothing to do with his incinerate duration, though it does essentially increase his incinerate damage over the course of a fight with the increased fury duration.
  • LaserjungeLaserjunge Posts: 33
    Cheers guys, very insightful. I guess I go for Emma despite the 2/3 poll result for Hype. I like her functionality more: immunities, counter for all-or-nothing nodes, fast build up of SP attack. and at the end, its just a matter of time I will bring both to rank 4. from there the decision will be a harder one I guess and I will have to wait for duping Hype.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    They're both solid. You can't go wrong with either. FYI, Emma's sig isn't only good for defense. Switching to diamond automatically to minimize damage when taking a big hit is very handy.