**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Masteries or complete game content for better roster - brand new account

Looking for advice for a brand new account (F2P 1 week old). In the short term is it better to use units for full energy refills to complete game content such as Acts 3 completion/exploration in addition to Normal/Heroic MEQ to build a stronger roster of 3/4*'s or to save them to unlock Pearce, Precision & Cruelty which would cost 1,620 units?

Right now I only have 2x3*'s and the rest are 1/2*'s, I'm sitting on almost 800 units, Act 2 is complete but not explored and parry/limber/dex/stupefy are all unlocked.

Short term goal: participate in upcoming wars and AQ maps 2/3 to earn better rewards while completing story mode & MEQ to strengthen my weak roster.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I started a new account too and just curious how the experience is like.

Within 5 days, I reached level 17, only invest in one Mastery (Parry) and hoarded units (reached about 700).

My roster was poor but I had 2* Old Man Logan (rank 2) and he was MVP with constant regeneration.

To strengthen your roster, I think the better alternative is really to grind arena and take advantage of the 60 days window of beginner and intermediate brackets to win Champs.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Unlock dex and parry first and use the rest for exploration. That’s what I’m currently doing with a new account I made last weekend
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    winterthur wrote: »
    My roster was poor but I had 2* Old Man Logan (rank 2) and he was MVP with constant regeneration.

To strengthen your roster, I think the better alternative is really to grind arena and take advantage of the 60 days window of beginner and intermediate brackets to win Champs.
    My 2* awakened Star-Lord has been my MVP so far.

I do plan to take advantage of arena but at this stage of the game I'm constantly short on everything (gold, ISO, cats) so many of the 21 2*'s I have are only 1/10 and I only have 3 3*'s. Therefore keeping a streak in arena is quite tough unless I rank some of them, maybe even at 10/10 they should be able to handle the 1/2* arena and when I get more at 2/20 & up or more 3*'s at R2 and up I'll be able to handle the 2/3* arena. I still have lots of time to take advantage of the 60 days beginner/intermediate bracket thankfully, speaking of which I've heard mention of those brackets many times on the forums but is it actually stated by Kabam somewhere?
    John757 wrote: »
    Unlock dex and parry first and use the rest for exploration. That’s what I’m currently doing with a new account I made last weekend
    This might answer my question, I've got 3/3 Parry, 3/5 limber, 1/3 dex and 3/3 stupefy plus 4/4 block and 3/3 courage. I was debating whether I should spend 945 of my 955 units on getting 5/5 precision. My dilemma is by doing so I only gain some extra crit chance on mostly 2*'s vs spending on energy refills and getting exploration to earn more gold, ISO and eventually 3/4*'s by doing Act 3?

My brain says buy precision since I've got the units and as the game goes on unless I spend hours in arena units are going to be slower to come by, gut says explore to rank champs then do arena for shards/champs while the scores required to get them are still low.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    If you have that many units now you might as well unlock precision, also you only need one in parry
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    I would dump units as a f2p always into mastery. Its by far the best value for your units. At some points we are talking about carbo cores and most likely you wish you didnt droped units into refills/revieves/potions or even worse crystals.

I went for 3/3 parry , 1/5 limber 1/3 dex, 3/3 petrify and 3/3 stupefy and then keep starting with points in offense. And yes precision and cruelty are well worth it even for 2/3star champs
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    Another tip for fresh Accounts. Do the 4star Basic Arena as much as possible. There are 3 brackets for Rank rewards. 1 to 30 days, 31 to 60 days and 60+ days accounts. Its much easier to get into the top10% the first weeks. I got some 4star Basic for less then 600k this way.
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    I ended up unlocking and putting 5/5 into Precision, need two more stony cores to unlock Cruelty.
    _tokio_ wrote: »
    Another tip for fresh Accounts. Do the 4 star Basic Arena as much as possible. There are 3 brackets for Rank rewards. 1 to 30 days, 31 to 60 days and 60+ days accounts. Its much easier to get into the top 10% the first weeks. I got some 4 star Basic for less then 600k this way.

Eventually I plan to but before I can participate in the 4* basic I need to grow my roster and rank champs. In the meantime I'm hoping within the next week I'll be able to grind for champs in the 3* basic while still in the 1-30 day bracket, maybe next month I may be able to try for shards in the 4* basic. I started at a bad time since there hasn't been a single war available since my account hit SL17.

For now I'm grinding the 2* for shards.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I would spend most units on masteries, and maybe some on energy refills. You may need to be a bit patient waiting for energy to fill up, but masteries are worth more in the long run. I’m ftp and I’m working into maxing Despair, deep wounds, and assassin. It’s taking a while, but it would have been easier if I started saving when I was starting. Don’t worry too much about champions, considering all the events going on making it easy to build a beginner roster.