**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The collector: Strategy Discussion

2»

Comments

• Options
    I ended up using Thor and just going balls to the wall everytime until I died. Took 8 lvl 1 revives but on 1 or 2 of those i was KO'd before i could even reach my L1. I definitely don't think the rewards match the difficulty.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Also mordo can block unblockable specials by holding block so he's a decent option

Only thing is he takes massive block damage so he'd die anyway
  • Options
    TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Man, where's mvincible Abe when you need him?
  • Options
    Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Did anyone use NC? he can probably 100% evade the first SP1 beam according his abilities
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Slux83 wrote: »
    Did anyone use NC? he can probably 100% evade the first SP1 beam according his abilities

I did! he worked very well! evades everything and have really high dmg output! if i didnt have nc id be toast

What difference did NC make? From what I understand, NC's ability to evade all damage while dashing back is exactly the same as dexterity (which we already have and are still unable to evade his attacks)
  • Options
    Golden_GuardianGolden_Guardian Posts: 37
    Guess I'll die
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

I did! he worked very well! evades everything and have really high dmg output! if i didnt have nc id be toast

What difference did NC make? From what I understand, NC's ability to evade all damage while dashing back is exactly the same as dexterity (which we already have and are still unable to evade his attacks)

Is not the same as Dexterity. If you continually swipe back, you can't be hit by a special.
    Winter Soldier sp2 for example. You can fully evade it with NC just by swiping back, and you don't need any timing to do it
  • Options
    ZjieeeZjieee Posts: 45
    Could Quake be an option?
  • Options
    JotaroJotaro Posts: 48
    Daredevil classic all the way!
  • Options
    Zjieee wrote: »
    Could Quake be an option?

The agressiveness of the collector will drive quake back into the corner quicker than you can say money grab
  • Options
    SerialSerial Posts: 9
    I used r4 Black Panther with deep wounds it dropped his health like a fly but, kept dying to his special 1. One guy said he used OG Vision and it made the fight a lot easier. (Not everyone can get their hands on him though -.-)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Is not the same as Dexterity. If you continually swipe back, you can't be hit by a special.
    Winter Soldier sp2 for example. You can fully evade it with NC just by swiping back, and you don't need any timing to do it

Thanks! Didn't know that :)

EDIT: So Vulture might also be an option
  • Options
    JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    Mordo is your best option, not just because of the ability to block unblockable specials, but more importantly his Passive Ability to no have HIS Ability Accuracy Reduced. I am working my way towards him, but this **** ain't easy. But I wanted to test his ability accuracy against a Sig Level 99 Black Widow and he Parry Stunned every single time. So this should also work on the Collector as well, including hitting him with his Degen and Soul Barb.
  • Options
    JFerg114 wrote: »
    Mordo is your best option, not just because of the ability to block unblockable specials, but more importantly his Passive Ability to no have HIS Ability Accuracy Reduced. I am working my way towards him, but this **** ain't easy. But I wanted to test his ability accuracy against a Sig Level 99 Black Widow and he Parry Stunned every single time. So this should also work on the Collector as well, including hitting him with his Degen and Soul Barb.

Only thing is mordo has awful damage through block, so he doesn't last long
  • Options
    JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122

Not if he is Awakened!!!!! His Energy Resistance while blocking is greatly increased!
  • Options
    You won't have the .5 seconds required for him to be able to block unblockables. They planned this one thoroughly so that it doesn't have any loopholes like the Ronan infinite stun trick against 4.3.6 Venom
  • Options

Not if he is Awakened!!!!! His Energy Resistance while blocking is greatly increased!

Oh yeah great point I'd forgotten about that. Pity mine is unduped. Guess I'll have to wait to dupe him
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★

I just tried, no dice. Almost impossible to get the .5 seconds and even when I did he still tore right through my block.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    I wonder if beast will be any good against him. In acrobatic mode he gets 55% less power minus an extra 50% when i sucusfully do a combo. May be able to put the l1 off for a good while
  • Options
    One3One3 Posts: 1
    about to fight collector. Which unit pack should i buy? i have spider homecoming 5/50 so I'm thinking he will evade all specials, but ill end up dying anyway from all other buffs. do u guys think $30 will do it?