**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Issues with 5* champs

I have seen that we are not getting duplicate 5* as much as we have had in the past. If you have 40+ 5* champs, there should be a 50% chance to duplicate one. That is not happening. People are also have 5* signature stones expiring with no duplicate champs in a certain class. Why would we only have a limit of 100 5* signature stones in our inventory when they can go up to level 200? I am hoping that this post can shed some insight for Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    I mean... There's about 110 5* champs in the basic pool, but even if we ignore your flawed math here for a second, how do you know it's not a 50% chance? Do you even know how chance works...?

With 110 players, you should be duplicating at least 1 5* for every 3 5* crystals openings if you have more than 40 5* champs.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    6 out of my last 7 5* crystals were dupes with a total of 60+ 5* champs, which is closer to having 50% of the champs than 40, yet 6/7 is well more than 50% in the other direction of dupes vs new champs. That’s just how RNG works
  • Options
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    6 out of my last 7 5* crystals were dupes with a total of 60+ 5* champs, which is closer to having 50% of the champs than 40, yet 6/7 is well more than 50% in the other direction of dupes vs new champs. That’s just how RNG works

Wow. Seem to be unbalanced as others are not getting any dupes. How is this fair and equal for everyone.

• Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Math aside, it would make sense for the inventory to hold the max sig, which should be 200 sig stones, that makes sense. Again, something that was implemented in 2015 and not changed since.
  • Options
    Jemster519 wrote: »
    Kenny292 wrote: »

Wow. Seem to be unbalanced as others are not getting any dupes. How is this fair and equal for everyone.

Lol that wasn’t the point. For one, most of my dupes are not good champs. Second, I’ve also gone long stretches of not getting any dupes. The point was that it’s random. It could just as easily happen next that you go on such a streak of dupes.
  • Options
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    Math aside, it would make sense for the inventory to hold the max sig, which should be 200 sig stones, that makes sense. Again, something that was implemented in 2015 and not changed since.

Yes, I do agree with that point as well. I’m sitting on 100 mutant sig stones, 133 unopened 5* sig stone crystals, and my duped mutant options to use them on are Colossus, Old Man Logan, Magneto, and Gambit lol
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    What would make the best sense is to reduce the number of shards for a 5*. I am considering skipping 5s all together. By the time i have begun duping i will have started opening sixs...so if i am gonna dump goods into unduped champs may as well be a six star garbage champ as a five star garbage champ huh? And it is more like 130 champs...
  • Options
    EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Rap wrote: »
    What would make the best sense is to reduce the number of shards for a 5*. I am considering skipping 5s all together. By the time i have begun duping i will have started opening sixs...so if i am gonna dump goods into unduped champs may as well be a six star garbage champ as a five star garbage champ huh? And it is more like 130 champs...

LOL if you completely skip 5 stars I'll take your shards off your hands ;)
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    I’d happily trade with you @Jemster519. Since I got around 45 5*’s early last year, I’ve pulled dupes over 2/3 of the time on my account (most of them junk dupes or re-dupes of junk champs).

As a result, my 5* roster really hasn’t grown much in a year, not just in size but also in quality. I’m not even that picky—there are quite a few solid old champs I’d love to have. In the basic I’m over a 50% chance for a new champ and at least 30-35% for a champ I’d like to pull. Still doesn’t happen—I’m drowning in multi-dupes of Phoenix, IF, Groot, VP. Even the good champs I pull are re-dupes on re-dupes.

See that ragged-looking guy in the corner holding the sign that reads “Will trade 20+ crappy dupes for one decent champ”?

That’s me. Be happy being you.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    12 of my last 16 were dupes, I have 64 5*.
  • Options
    ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19
    I have 64 5*s and have opened 90 5* crystals and 32 have been dupes so that pretty balanced imo.
  • Options
    Hey i got 30 5s...all but 2 are garbage two are god tier. Unfortunately for me they are noted as "requiring deplication" to be worth a damn! So...got a bunch of 4 with level 99 sigs...may as well wait till the sixs start popping.
  • Options
    Also, you can laugh about reducing the shards! But back in the day it was 10k for a 4....not anymore!
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Also, you can laugh about reducing the shards! But back in the day it was 10k for a 4....not anymore!

It has never Ben 10k for a 4 star always Ben 2k
  • Options
    Right and you started playing when?
  • Options
    The first year and a half that kabam started handing.out shards, before the great nerfing of the gods, 4 stars took 10k to build and thats a fact jack! The shard were introduced with the alliance quests. I was in one of the alliances that beta tested alliance quests...later around the time of the great nerfing the number of shards was reduced...significantly.
    When the sixs were released the players started talking about how 2s, 3s, and 4s were obsolete. It's the fives who have ended up obsolete! I have what i need to break through in arenas, i am very patient...i will wait and if i rank anyone until then, using t4c, it will be a four at sig 99 and not a 5 at sig 0....
  • Options
    The first year and a half that kabam started handing.out shards, before the great nerfing of the gods, 4 stars took 10k to build and thats a fact jack! The shard were introduced with the alliance quests. I was in one of the alliances that beta tested alliance quests...later around the time of the great nerfing the number of shards was reduced...significantly.
    When the sixs were released the players started talking about how 2s, 3s, and 4s were obsolete. It's the fives who have ended up obsolete! I have what i need to break through in arenas, i am very patient...i will wait and if i rank anyone until then, using t4c, it will be a four at sig 99 and not a 5 at sig 0....

Holding is a hold up on alliance events like Summoner Advancement. I know we all have to do it to in order to have the resources to rank up the worthy champs when we get them but some never come. It is these kind of imbalances that need to be addressed. Before 5* came out I was holding mystic T4CC in Hope's to get SW and take her to R5. Still to this day I have not gotten as a 4*. Now as a 4* she is obsolete. You have to work with what you have. I am less likely to hold for a player now as I feel like I will never get the champ I am looking for. With areana cutoffs being so high, the chance to play for the champ you want has diminished as the cutoffs seem to get higher and higher.
  • Options
    ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    I'm getting dupes here and there. I currently have 55 5* champs. Unfortunately, when I am getting dupes, it's either champs that are bad that I don't use (Colossus, Groot), champs that are good but have other options to rank up (MODOK, Dormammu), or a second or third dupe on a champ that's already awakened (AA, Iceman, Hood).

I'm just holding out hope for a Magik and/or Hype dupe. Maybe Voodoo, but he's only rank 1.
  • Options
    I'm getting dupes here and there. I currently have 55 5* champs. Unfortunately, when I am getting dupes, it's either champs that are bad that I don't use (Colossus, Groot), champs that are good but have other options to rank up (MODOK, Dormammu), or a second or third dupe on a champ that's already awakened (AA, Iceman, Hood).

I'm just holding out hope for a Magik and/or Hype dupe. Maybe Voodoo, but he's only rank 1.

I ranked up my 5* Magik to R4 unduped. I feel like that may have been a mistake. It seems like you decrease your chances for a dupe of that champ. I have not duped any of my R4 5* since I ranked them up.
  • Options
    ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Jemster519 wrote: »

I ranked up my 5* Magik to R4 unduped. I feel like that may have been a mistake. It seems like you decrease your chances for a dupe of that champ. I have not duped any of my R4 5* since I ranked them up.

Mine is mixed. I have five at R4. I've duped Quake and Iceman, but Ultron, Hype and Magik have sat with no dupe. I've had Ultron at R4 for about a year.
  • Options
    I finally duped my R4 5* Venom and will be taking him to R5 soon. :smiley: