**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the game is getting way harder and are the 4 star champs becoming useless?

ive Played this game for 3 years. Seen 3star champs become useless when 5 star champs were introduced. 4 star champs are now effectively useless because you need high 5* champs to do uncollected event quests etc.
I’ve spent thousands in the early days on shards, and crystals etc to grow in power, only to see it all be a gamble and you draw the worst champions. Uncollected event quest is becoming so hard now that I can no longer complete it once, let alone 100% it.
I feel the joy has gone from the game. It’s a rat race that never allows you to reach the top. I’ve become somewhat bitter at the effort and money put in without satisfaction. Are others feeling that it’s getting too hard and all the early work is for nothing. Your 4* maxed heroes are sitting there useless now. Tell me how you feel please?

Is the game is getting way harder and are the 4 star champs becoming useless? 207 votes

Yes it’s too hard, 4* champs are now useless too
22%
thetaman23JOHNOSA1995DrZolasamalasravanAjavedHeartlessFabiusBRLurkerYotzsupergokuNanoDroidhenriesOnlyOneAboveAllDrake2078Jcobra25khehmistLuckylefty01Drcools_ville1AKTEKDoonx 47 votes
It’s too hard, but 4* are still useful for the time being.
29%
winterthurVdh2008BadroseHort4DarkZenNikskiniHotCarlosTendersquadngray13VuskakvargaDaredevi1Fan7WildpantsSolrac_2Foxhero007igotgame1075Mjolnir8888SiddhantKwatraRCunhaSoulreaveras 62 votes
It’s too hard, 4* will always work for uncollected event quests.
6%
JmoneysteckShaheerFIazMrTicTac19992008Zlatn1qKerneastom523Rougeknight87Shadownamezab28pCardiganBlueRiderofHellTheoncomingstormWesken 13 votes
It’s not too hard. It is only for hard core gamers with $$$
1%
TheVyrusZJoePTony886ZAQ 4 votes
It’s not too hard. You need super skill
16%
GamerFuzzylumpsAddyosI_ZERO_IadqqedfyvrLe_Marv_8Feeney234SungjSuskanutG0311Hammerbro_64Priyansh7Thecrusher_9756LeoGnarleyardoRasiloverScholiaCupidPleasureDomespaceoctopusAvengers320 35 votes
It’s easier to do uncollected than this poll
22%
TacoScottydanielmathLeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusHaji_SaabTimone147xNigbloodyCainLoPrestiPlayer1994Speedbumpjojodeth101bm3eppsPatchie93BlackGekkougaOrcDovahkiinKayne34SpiderCoolsDoctorJDuke_Silver 46 votes

Comments

• Yes it’s too hard, 4* champs are now useless too
    That would be nice. Thanks for your insight Denslo500 :0) I appreciate your feedback.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    As far as difficulty, they are definitely amping it up to meet the needs of the bleeding edge of their customer base.
    It is safe to assume they spend the most money (at this time), so Kabam has to cater to their needs primarily.

I am hoping that Act 6 (and whatever equivalent events) will allow them to chill on Master and Uncollected.
    Thanks Kobster 84.
    Do you use 4* in uncollected or your 5*? Is it only 4* when a specific hero is required?
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    The only 4* I still use is AA for some EQ
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    U need r4 5* min for most top lvl content......r5 for real end game

Only time I see using a 4* even in uncollected monthly eq, is when a specific champ cheeses it and I don’t have the r4 version......like I used a maxed 4* AA for aegon.

4* can still have value in high prestige AQ....but even there I’d want at least 1 r4 attacker

That being said, if uve been playing a long time u should have at least a couple 5* options. If u finished act 5 you should have at least 1 but prob 2 or 3 r5 5*
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I use 4*s in uncollected all the time, though it’s usually just new champs like Darkhawk, night thrasher, ...etc.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    4*s are still great to use as specific counters. For example the 4" visions absolutely wreck UC Havok. I don't use them for every fight anymore, except for sometimes in AQ, but they definitely still have value.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    It depends on the 4 star, I have some maxed 4 stars who can do some monster damage, cap i.w. hits 50k sp 2, SW hits 30k sp2, my ghost can do 87k on a sp.2 and my domino can hit 80k sp3 with bleeds that tick for tens of thousands of total damage so the damage is there and So is the utility I have a max sig void and he does what he's supposed to, max sig venom is always useful for spideys and also it can come down to sig ability sometimes and I can get my 4 stars max sig alot easier then I can get a 5 star even awakened. But there is a trade off and that trade off is generally 3 things, armor, block proficiency and overall healthpool are what limit my 4 stars from time to time...but if u play well it's not usually a problem unless some kind of unavoidable damage is involved or even block damage sometimes but as far as monthly UC goes, 4 stars for me anyway do more then fine there and easily run through the first 2 chapters, 3rd chapter can get a little dicey sometimes but a good max 4 star is still very valuable to me in this game.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I think part of the problem is that 4*’s and 5*’s are so much easier to get now than ever before, so it’s easier for newer or more inexperienced players to have access to the more difficult content. There’s also a lot more “god tier” champs in game now that make it easier for those players to roll the more moderate content, but then get frustrated and angry when they encounter content that requires significant skill that comes from experience.

TLDR: Progress isn’t overnight, champs aren’t everything and skill matters. Give it time.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yeah, EQ's are getting harder every month because there has been so many (near) god tier champion releases. Kabam has also been very generous with unstoppable/unblockable nodes, it's like their new fetish.

4* will die eventually, but as long 5* shards are difficult to get and t4c are hard to collect, they will have a spot in many rosters. It is also a lot easier to awaken a 4* than a 5*.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Four stars can still effectively counter every piece content that has ever been released except 100% LOL but you'd need extreme amounts of skill to do so.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Yes it’s too hard, 4* champs are now useless too
    Dont forget the difficulty of connections falling out during aw and aq resulting in half health and having to fight the defender again.
    Its happened to me every aq and im not the only one.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    It's not too hard but it's quickly becoming hard. A bunch of 4* are still useful but I'm afraid we are close to the point of no return for all of them. I Think Act 6 will be impossible fon any 4* and most of 5*
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    4* can still do uncollected

With very good skill maybe... Not nearly for all
  • It’s easier to do uncollected than this poll
    I’m confuzzled
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The game is not getting harder. It is hard for players without developed teams who haven't explored all existing content to keep running new hard content however.
    Poll results are telling the consensus.
    Thanks folks.
    It’s goot to know most agree it’s getting harder. It’s good to know half believe there’s still a place for some 4* and most think they’ll eventually drift away to 3* wilderness.
    All being said when 6* become the new 5* norm and the introduction of 7* champs.
    It’s a rat race and we are only running in the maze.

Thanks again folks for all votes and comments. I can see how passionate you all are about this game.

I’m have the 67th strongest team in my country. I’m finding it’s difficulty is getting out of hand.
    I’ve played this game for 4years next month and completed most content. You have to have the right champ to take on the specific node or defender is what I’ve found. I’ve 128 4* heroes. 40 of them maxed - the good ones lol 120 of them I now find useless maxed or not.
    I have 40 5* champs. 2 good ones god tier 6 ok Demi god tier and the rest are dirt.
    I have only ranked up 5 to 4/5 and 4 to 3/5.
    I have 2 6* champs.
    I would call myself an average player who invests a lot to build my roster.

You invest and suddenly that investment is a complete waste. This is why I don’t spend anymore.

I’m just deflated by the consistent ramping up of difficulty. I don’t know. Maybe it’s time to put away childish things like this game.

Some pondering will be done.

Thanks again everyone.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I chose this option because there was no “it’s not that bad and 4*s are still usable”
    Your poll is poor as there’s no option to disagree with both your statements.
    While 4*s may one day become as useful as a 3*, that day has not arrived yet. I’ve got a pretty decent 5* roster and still rank up the odd 4*s where I know I’ll get some use out of them.

For example, if I find out a 4* champ I’ve got would make a portion of variant much easier, I’ll rank that 4* up.
    I’ve seen that Corvus is pretty good for rogue in chapter 2 of captains clash, so I’ve ranked him up. The last few uncollected quests I’ve used 1-2 5/50s in my runs.
    During that champions clash a few months back, my MVPs were 4* vision, CapIW and blade, I brought in my hyperion and iceman too, but the 3 4*s are the reason I completed that challenge.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    It's hard for people who just become uncollected and try to complete all the top tier quests. I do UC and champion challenges with 4*s, sooo...
    You just need to plan ahead and understand that this particular quest is made for people with an array of r5 5*s.
    However, if you're not that developed and still want the top tier rewards, attempt hard content at your own risk, just like I do.

Now, let me reiterate one more time, Summoners. This is not easy! Many will attempt, and most will fail! Don’t come complaining when you hit a brick wall! Ask your fellow Summoners for tips and tricks!

However, I'm not letting you down, I'm not a vet but still complete hard content because I want the rewards, but I don't create these posts when I fail. Best of luck!!!
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Considering how crappy my 5* are (except a few), 4* are still quite useful for me, I completed Uncollected EQ with 4* except a 5* rank 3 Angela.