**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Game Down 03/05 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    You did good very good
  • Options
    Our alliance lost war as well due to emergency maintenance, we had the win in the bag for sure. However we got Kabamed. The timer never restarted from when the servers went down, so we lost out on the opportunity to finish our last two nodes.
    Poor handling Kabam, you guys really need to learn how to deal with outages, providing no time compensation for your customers to be able to log back in and pick up where they left off is ridiculous.
  • Options
    JaaonArmfieldJaaonArmfield Posts: 63
    We lost our war too because of server down. Would have won by around 500 points. It the thing that is complete B.S. about this, is that we lose almost 200,000 season points because of loss. 27.5K x 3, instead of 98K x 3. And fighting against alliance that had recruits in that could have probably influenced to join us when see that we are stronger. But “random” server down for no reason at all, influences outcome of war making losers into winners and alliances that would have won into losers. But nothing will be done to correct this expect the apology tat was already given by them telling you “that they are working on it”. But servers back up 20 minutes after War is over. Also probably kept a lot of people from 100%ing AQ like our group 2.

• Options
    jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    to anyone posting “move quicker”, “fight better” and “don’t leave it till the last minute”...
    please consider what you are contributing to this discussion, topic. we get it, you’re part of the few who were fortunate enough to finish AQ and AW before the outage occured. you’re clearly looking for attention/validation by nullifying the problems listed by everyone else here.
    hopefully you get what you’re looking for.
    every alliance gets 24 hours to complete said events. this is a fact. today, everyone did not get the full 24 hours to finish their events. another fact. it does not matter if you should have finished your quests and fights earlier, the simple fact is that due to an outage on Kabam’s side, a lot of alliances have been screwed.
    i hate how quickly this community is to raise pitchforks and claim for compensation, because it dilutes times like these where something from Kabam would go a long way. Im disappointed in what happened today, frustrated by how we will be affected for the rest of the week, and quite frankly just bummed from losing out on the boosts i had active before the outage.
    to kabam, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit i really do hope you do right by the community this time.
    to anyone posting “next time finish your aq/aw earlier, find some compassion and understand that the world does not revolve around you.
  • Options
    mdangerpowersmdangerpowers Posts: 27
    Yeah, @megamang I guess everyone in your alliance is in the same time zone and doesn’t work. Must be why you have time to add nothing.
  • Options
    SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63

Remember those days when Kabam used to compensate us when the game would go down for any reason? What ever happened to that Kabam? That was certainly a different side of the company that actually showed they cared about the player. Those days seem to have disappeared long ago never to return. It sure would be a breath of fresh air to once again see that side of this company. Those emails with the Collector giving you goodies as a way to apologize for the inconvenience definitely made a difference in the outlook of this company

I believe that used to happen back in the days. But it stopped rather suddenly after that got bought out. New owners wanted the revenue more than anything else.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★

Yeah, @megamang I guess everyone in your alliance is in the same time zone and doesn’t work. Must be why you have time to add nothing.

That’s factually inaccurate. And it’s why we stress not finishing at the last minute, for this exact reason.
  • Options
    BuffalaxBuffalax Posts: 107
    We won our war by finishing early. (Doing the math, we would have won anyways.) Kabam shouldn’t compensate teams because “Oh we would have won if we would have had the last few minutes”. If they make any changes to standings or points, it is unfair to those of us who won fair and square. Maybe we’ll need that extra 20k x multiplier as the season goes on.

Don’t leave it to the last minute, sometimes bad stuff happens!
  • Options
    SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    megamang said:

Have you guys tried not waiting till the last minute move in war? Last time I checked you still get 24 hours.

Ok then by this logic, with maintenance we didn’t have 24 hours, only 23. Soooo, if it states that we have 24 hours to complete, we should get the whole 24 hours, Or else we would have planned accordingly. Some people have lives and family and jobs so we plan our playing around having the 24 hours to complete. So, yes, that missing 1 hours makes a huge difference.
  • Options
    Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    I demand compensation
  • Options
    xCristoxCristo Posts: 30
    @Kabam Miike would you mind explaining what was the problem with the so called partners and if any compensation will be given? My alliance just lost plenty of AQ points and the rewards because we only had to kill the boss and this is not only me, but a lot of people, as you can see in this thread. An emergency mentainance exactly during AQ and AW, constant lag spikes and lag in general, unresponsive controls, crashes, tons of bugs, parry problems are just some of the issues that I think everyone has encountered and this is why people will just quit this game, meaning less money for those old greedy people that control everything. You'd expect that after 4 years of constantly improving this game, it would become at least playable, but it seems like it is still treated as a joke. I would advise you to bring these issues to the front and fix them first and foremost, instead of breaking the game even more every god damn time by adding new content/features that has a 100% chance to crash everything. Also the android/ios issue should be added on your to solve list as a top priority. If you know that magazin play is so much slower than the apple store, why not give them more time to apply those updates? It is indeed their fault too, but your lack of communication and professionalism makes everything worse for the game, the company and the community.
  • Options
    megamangmegamang Posts: 132

We have people from 6 different continents, it's more of a leadership issue if you're not coordinated enough to finish.

• Options
    Gblake1965Gblake1965 Posts: 23
    Kabam just need's to buck up and scrap this war and NOBODY gets any points for it. Only Fair way to reconcile. Add an extra war or not don't care but this last one should not count for anyone.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Kabam just need's to buck up and scrap this war and NOBODY gets any points for it. Only Fair way to reconcile. Add an extra war or not don't care but this last one should not count for anyone.

I fail to see how this is fair to alliances that spent items and won this war, especially in situations where both sides finished well before the outage.
  • Options
    SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    Game is still down for me
  • Options
    Scmex21Scmex21 Posts: 85
    We lost a war due to emergency maintainence.
    Dicersity high, attack bonus high, guys got on a boss fight and could not get in game to finish one boss. Frustrating.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Will we be receiving any sort of compensation or apology for this? I got thrown out of an arena and it totally shot my champs' refresh timers. It's not as bad as losing a war, but it's still irritating because this shouldn't be happening anymore.
  • Options
    I’m trying to continue the fight that froze just before the emergency maintenance started and it continually crashes.

I’m in 3.1 of Ultrons Assault. How can I end this quest if I can’t finish a fight?

Same ign as here
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

We better get a compensation. This is honestly bs.

Not to pour salt on the wound, but they won because they cleared all 3 Bosses. You were at the Boss, given the Exploration. If you couldn't down them at that point, I'm not sure an extra 45 minutes would have helped.
  • Options

Fight earlier. Don’t die as much, outages suck and are beyond anyone’s control. Alliances leaving wars to the last hour is controllable.

To a degree. People have lives, jobs, events, and families they can't neglect for a stupid game. Some people in the same alliance don't live in the same timezone or even the same country. So more often than not, given the nature of the game, it comes down to the last 1 or 2 hours. It doesn't matter how fast you finish as long as you finish. This isn't as big of a deal for people running AQ maps below map 6 unless they were in the middle of fighting Kingpin when the outage hit. However, it's the complete opposite in AW. It's kinda like a race. It doesn't matter how well you do throughout the race, if you don't cross the line first, it does nothing for you. Same with AW. It doesn't matter how fast you get the bosses down. If the other alliance does the same with less deaths, you lose right? Well that's where the last 2 hours of AW are extremely important and anxiety inducing. Because you know that if the other team didn't dig themselves a really deep hole in those last hours they can bring it back when everyone wakes up or gets off work or whatever. But this outage took that chance away from every alliance. Some were on the losing side due to it and others won because of the maintenance. But no one got the opportunity to get that final push for the victory nevermind claiming the win if you were in the middle of taking on a boss. So your statement is from the perspective of that of the privileged. It's like a rich guy telling a poor man to just not be poor. You need to open up your mind bro. Stop being a bigot or a troll. Whichever you're choosing to be.
  • Options
    Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303

Not to pour salt on the wound, but they won because they cleared all 3 Bosses. You were at the Boss, given the Exploration. If you couldn't down them at that point, I'm not sure an extra 45 minutes would have helped.
    Between revives/items/boosts/multiple champs, it's entirely possible they could've taken the boss down, for all we know the members with the best chance of killing the boss were unable to play earlier due to work/sleep/other and tried to log into the game to kill the boss, but due to more downtime were unable.
  • Options
    CornholioCornholio Posts: 50
    Y’all servers blow! Don’t understand why it’s gotten so bad. We didn’t finish the boss in bg3 because of you.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

You have no way of knowing that. We routinely clear the boss in the last hour to see if we need to use items and try for a solo or if we can tag team it.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Poor analysis. You can see by the defenders remaining that only 1 defender remained, which was the boss. Given that there were 45 minutes left, they had a significantly higher attack bonus than the opponent (which means lower deaths), and they had already cleared 149 nodes, it’s pretty reasonable to say they would’ve downed the boss. If they had downed the boss the score would’ve been 147,850 to 144,260 and they would’ve won.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Between revives/items/boosts/multiple champs, it's entirely possible they could've taken the boss down, for all we know the members with the best chance of killing the boss were unable to play earlier due to work/sleep/other and tried to log into the game to kill the boss, but due to more downtime were unable.
    Possible, perhaps. Likely, not so much. If they're siting at 99.7% before the game goes down, chances are there's a reason for that. They couldn't take it down is the most likely possibility. Some cases may have led people to lose the War. I find it very difficult to believe that many Wars were destined to win had the game not gone down. Some maybe, not as many as are claimed. Which is why I'm looking at the Stats to deduce the probability.
    In any case, it's very difficult to compensate for something like that. They can't assume one side would have won and give them the Win. There may be something they can do in terms of Rewards, but that entirely depends on their decision, and that's usually based on the overall effect of the outage. It was only down a short time so I don't know what they will decide. In regards to "could have won", they can't really decide that in any type of data-based fashion.
  • Options
    jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★

Possible, perhaps. Likely, not so much. If they're siting at 99.7% before the game goes down, chances are there's a reason for that. They couldn't take it down is the most likely possibility. Some cases may have led people to lose the War. I find it very difficult to believe that many Wars were destined to win had the game not gone down. Some maybe, not as many as are claimed. Which is why I'm looking at the Stats to deduce the probability.
    In any case, it's very difficult to compensate for something like that. They can't assume one side would have won and give them the Win. There may be something they can do in terms of Rewards, but that entirely depends on their decision, and that's usually based on the overall effect of the outage. It was only down a short time so I don't know what they will decide. In regards to "could have won", they can't really decide that in any type of data-based fashion.
    totally agreed regarding war. i think its way too hard to find a fair solution for both alliances involved when youre talking about altering season points.
    AQ is a different story however. there needs to be some sort of resolution for alliances who got locked out of completing their maps.
  • Options
    Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303

You say that, which fair enough I see your point, but what if in the map, one player has some good champs, with near full hp, play at the start of the war, and due to work/sleep they can't play during, only at the end, by this time your teammates have cleared all but the boss, leaving you as the prime player to take out the boss, it's happened to me before which is why I say it.

I see your point, in a game like this you can say A B C could've happened, but X Y Z should've happened. we can try to rationalize it as much as we want, but at the end of the day all we can and will do with events like this is speculate as there is not, nor will ever be, a definitive answer. The only thing we can say with some pretty darn high odds, is that Kabam wont do anything to compensate/resolve issues like this. Their record lately speaks volumes about these sort of events.
  • Options
    Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    Wth, this is not right
This discussion has been closed.