**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sword as a weapon but not inflicting bleed?

Just throwing this out there, champs like PSYLOCKE and ANGELA both uses swords but do not inflict bleed whatsoever but yet you have champs like deadpool (x-force) that just punch and it inflicts bleed. I could be the only one that thinks this, but if there are others then this should be considered to make changes?
Thoughts people??

Comments

• Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    that would make these champs worse against masochism nodes
  • Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Angela has raw damage. No dots. It’s good. I’ve said it before, leave my girl alone! Lol
  • Options
    InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118

Inflicting bleeds is a gameplay mechanic.
    Swords, axes, glaives, etc. are part of the character model.
    The thing inbetween those basically unrelated things is called "balance".

Black panther has claws and inflicts bleed. But he doesn't trigger a ton of buffs.
    Angela has a sword and does not inflict bleeds. But she does trigger a ton of buffs giving her more raw damage.

Maybe put a little more thought into this than only seeing the character model.
    Angela, psylocke, heimdall, corvus, vulture, iron man iw... The list for champs that would, judging only from their character model, be logically able to inflict bleed is long.
    But all of them already have gameplay mechanics that make them useful/powerful.

"But what about a teeny tiny bleed pls?"
    Even a teeny tiny bleed would have an immense impact in most normal fights in combination with deep wounds.

This^

Plus like many people are going to tell you, logic has no place in this game whatsoever. I won't use GR as an example cause there are people saying he should be and others say that he shouldn't be incinerate immune so I'll leave that one alone. Instead I'll mention Iron Man (OG), why isn't he bleed immune? Bullets should not pierce his suit yet in the game it does. Or his punches, if you want to be technical his punches should cause (at least skill and science players like WS and Cap) bleed. Plenty of fights in the comics and movies that show that he can very well cause someone to bleed. Or why does Black Widow a 5 foot woman have a "class advantage" against Hulk even though there's an obvious strength gap, but logic doesn't work here. You said "I could be the only one to think this"....you haven't. If you search keywords about swords or Angela, or things like that you'll see there have been plenty of discussion in this. The champs are perfectly fine just like that due to balance.
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Not everyone needs bleed to be good or better. Some champs don't need bleed at all.
    Also, just because they have swords does not mean they should inflict bleed.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Champs with guns should instantly kill most other champs then
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I actually agree. Wielding a sword pretty much mandates having a bleed, one way or another. Angela could have a bleed on her SP3, no problemo. Psylocke should have a bleed all the time, because she sucks and she is a mutant who are supposed to bleed.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

For christs sake, mate, the "flag" button is not a "dislike" button.
    You can directly respond to any point made by any person in this thread. Stop flagging people for not sharing your opinion, especially when they explain to you in detail why they think that way.
    This is worse than reddit.

Out of curiosity, why do you care? Being flagged by dumb forum trolls doesn't hurt you.
  • Options
    CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    Lack of bleeding is not a problem for Angela. Her aptitude buff and sig ability is a bigger problem.