**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act6 - Champion Requirement Communication

Can we have a discussion about the Act6 champion requirements? This news was dropped today. Two weeks ago, with thoughts towards act6 prep mode, I awakened my 5* ghost using my generic gem and then r4/55'd her. Had i known this requirement was going to take place, i would never have chosen to make this move, and further, this was a decision that I contemplated for weeks. I've been playing this game for three years, actively. Better, more proactive, communication could've prevented this. I'm not a fan of the champion requirement threshold, but could've been workable had it been known...e.g. it would've prevented what I'm categorizing now as an intensely huge waste of super-precious rank up resources.

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Icem987 said:

What if you don’t have a lot of five stars, or you need synergies with three or four stars?

Then you won't be able to finish. That was an easy question. Ask something harder next time.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Daphboy said:

I don’t think raging or protesting will do anything productive in this instance. I do agree that it was a bit of a let down. I was going to bring my ghost to r4/5 in the next week or so, only to find out I won’t be able to utilize her wasp synergy in A6 since I only have a 4*. Is it a **** move? Yes. But it is to be expected of kabam at this point lol. I ranked up KM to r4 instead and ghost will be on the back burner at this point in time unfortunately :(

It will make you a much better ghost player though, using her without wasp is very important to learn
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    It is a good time to be a whale
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

It's very simple if you don't have a good roster your not ready for act 6

I would argue, especially with champs like Aegon, that it's possible to have a good roster, but still have some gaps that could be filled by exceptional 4*'s.

Overall, I think this is going to precede a massive change in arena and how it is currently working. Anything else won't be acceptable, because this is going to hurt/hamper a lot of players in the "daily player, but not top of the game" tier.
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

did i read this wrong? you took up your FIVE star ghost correct?

Probably doesn’t have a Wasp above a 4* for synergy.
    who cares?
    Umm the OP? And most people who utilize the Wasp/Ghost synergy?
    but it's something EXTREMELY minor in terms of saying that ranking ghost was a bad decision.....
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    but it's something EXTREMELY minor in terms of saying that ranking ghost was a bad decision.....
    I agree but I’m just assuming that’s what it is.
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    i guess, it's just SO ludicrous it didn't even cross my mind (and i'm an avid 5/65 ghost user)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

It's very simple if you don't have a good roster your not ready for act 6

True by default. I have a good roster and will be fine but it ought to be about skill. I'm liking this move less and less.
    Several people have been saying "it ought to be about skill." Currently, this game is about twitch skills, roster development, and resource management, and always has been. Why should that list be reduced to just the one thing? Personally, I prefer the game to be balanced between those three things (I'm not saying it is perfectly balanced between them, but it is at least weighted among them). I doubt I would play the game if it focused exclusively on only one of them, regardless of which one.

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    i guess, it's just SO ludicrous it didn't even cross my mind (and i'm an avid 5/65 ghost user)
    Do you use Wasp synergy?
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    Do you use Wasp synergy?
    sometimes, not in map 7 though cause it's a waste of a roster slot
    edited March 2019

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    Do you use Wasp synergy?
    How does that work for you? Just asking because I just got her last week and I can’t imagine not using Wasp synergy.
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    Do you use Wasp synergy?
    How does that work for you? Just asking because I just got her last week and I can’t imagine not using Wasp synergy.
    there's a couple ways to get the sp2 crits, either parry/phase-sp2 or bait heavy into the phase-sp2. It's really important to learn to play her without ghost, like in variant

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

who cares?
    Do you use Wasp synergy?
    there's a couple ways to get the sp2 crits, either parry/phase-sp2 or bait heavy into the phase-sp2. It's really important to learn to play her without ghost, like in variant
    Oh cool. Thanks for the tips. I’ll have to test her out without the synergies and see how I do. I like her so far but only 3/45. I actually really don’t like Wasp so if I can learn to play without her that would be a huge boon.
This discussion has been closed.