**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

After 9 Months of Grinding My First 6* is...

1 of only 2 heros I was hoping to avoid..

...Hulkbuster.

I'm still running mostly 4*s on my team. Should I even bothering leveling and using him?

This was a serious, "maybe I should quit the game" moment...

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    That one really does hurt, all that work for him, my condolences. But if you have the gold and iso to spare there's no reason you shouldn't just level him up, you could place him on aw defense as a diversity champ but yeah, it's always tough to see that.
  • KlashdKlashd Posts: 47
    DRTO said:

That one really does hurt, all that work for him, my condolences. But if you have the gold and iso to spare there's no reason you shouldn't just level him up, you could place him on aw defense as a diversity champ but yeah, it's always tough to see that.

That's what I'm thinking.

Ugh, this long just to get "defender diversity."

Hurts.

This is exactly why I am not even looking forward to my first 6-star champion anymore. Everyone in my alliance that has between one and five 6-stars is overwhelming sporting the lower half of the champion totem pole. There are a lot of meme tier champions mixed in there. So, knowing that, I feel like I don't have much to look forward to and have zero anticipation.

That's the best way to go into it, honestly. I was definitely excited. Huge let down for sure. Best of luck to you though!
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    My condolences. Pulled a Loki today myself. One day that Corvus, Ghost, or Cap IW will come our way.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

a good pull that you have there

I bet u wouldnt be saying that if u got 6* hulkbuster
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I got my first ever 6* too, guillotine.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Bro that's rough, I have someone in my alliance who also got him... I believe it was shady for them to put a POS character like him in the 6 star pool
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    He is probably on a buff list on someone’s desk at Kabam.
    So today I learned my roster (consisting of primarily 4*s) isn't able to do act 6. So as a consolation to this and all my grinding efforts I was awarded arguably the most useless 6*.

Hah, I guess the grind continues.
  • Cutless_XCutless_X Posts: 53
    *Sad trombone*
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Quit while you are ahead and cherish memories of those 9 months! (3+ year vereran and all i have is guilt and disgust in last 6-7 months) content has gone to trash ,even 5/65s doesnt seem to b enough and and had one good thing unique synergies and now they even want to kill it in act 6)
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Klashd said:

1 of only 2 heros I was hoping to avoid..

...Hulkbuster.

I'm still running mostly 4*s on my team. Should I even bothering leveling and using him?

This was a serious, "maybe I should quit the game" moment...

just hold out hope he gets the LC, Rulk, Carnage, Venom, SG, She Hulk, Gamora treatment.
    thats all you can do
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    That sucks. OP if it makes you feel better, I have a 15k 6* Jane Foster.
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    Definitely condolences but dont feel bad i worked my ass off for 2 of the crappiest 6*s out there!! Storm and Beast,come on im gonna quit if my next pull sucks
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    Kalantak said:

Quit while you are ahead and cherish memories of those 9 months! (3+ year vereran and all i have is guilt and disgust in last 6-7 months) content has gone to trash ,even 5/65s doesnt seem to b enough and and had one good thing unique synergies and now they even want to kill it in act 6)

Lol i feel the same way!!i started playing almost 4yrs ago and with all the problems and lag its ridiculous, u need a new Iphone to even have a fighting chance ,but kabam doesnt even care
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★

This is exactly why I am not even looking forward to my first 6-star champion anymore. Everyone in my alliance that has between one and five 6-stars is overwhelming sporting the lower half of the champion totem pole. There are a lot of meme tier champions mixed in there. So, knowing that, I feel like I don't have much to look forward to and have zero anticipation.

This is exactly why I still maintain, despite what miike and the other Kabam overlords insist, that there are different drop rates for different characters. It makes sense from a shady business perspective, if you think about it. They don't want you to have the same chance of acquiring useful characters as you have of acquiring trash cans, because that increases your chances of clearing difficult content spending less or without spending at all.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited March 2019

a good pull that you have there

I bet u wouldnt be saying that if u got 6* hulkbuster
    Ill still be saying that if i get a 6star Hulkbuster
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It’s only
    Gonna get worse as the pool continues to expand
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★

This is exactly why I still maintain, despite what miike and the other Kabam overlords insist, that there are different drop rates for different characters. It makes sense from a shady business perspective, if you think about it. They don't want you to have the same chance of acquiring useful characters as you have of acquiring trash cans, because that increases your chances of clearing difficult content spending less or without spending at all.
    This is true but they control that chance exactly by adding the HB and Cyclops not by changing drop rates. If we all had CG/Domino/Sparky content would have to be much harder. The Fury quests are an example. Without champ reqs they would've had to make that quest 2/3x harder to account for those champs.

• gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★

This is true but they control that chance exactly by adding the HB and Cyclops not by changing drop rates. If we all had CG/Domino/Sparky content would have to be much harder. The Fury quests are an example. Without champ reqs they would've had to make that quest 2/3x harder to account for those champs.

That's a fair point.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

Bro that's rough, I have someone in my alliance who also got him... I believe it was shady for them to put a POS character like him in the 6 star pool

This isn't the first. DPXF was in the first batch. So was Gamora, but at least she got some love.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    belli300 said:

It’s only
    Gonna get worse as the pool continues to expand

What will? They'll add more good champs and they'll add more bad champs.
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Hopefully there s a buff on him ! sorry about your bad pull. Take him Rank 1 max and use him against the likes of Havoc etc. and throw him in AW defense ona Armor node ..