**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Recent Ghost phasing intercept bug?

Comments

• Coatseyyyyy33Coatseyyyyy33 Posts: 56
    Same here, ghost timing seems different, this is outrageous!
  • NoirextNoirext Posts: 8
    Same here.
    5* sig 130 R5 Ghost.
    The opponents dash away immediately during my intercepts.

Don’t worry. Kabam will immediately fix this...
    :/
  • KostKost Posts: 4
    I faced the same issue during AW when KM mini boss hit me during phase. And also noticed that AI is backing away during my Ghost’s phase to buy enough time to let the phase timer vanish.
  • Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29
    100% yes! I died with her twice in map7 today (she’s 5/65) and thought I was crazy. Was fighting MS, let her phase through me twice, went to retaliate, and got intercepted with her sp1.

At least part of the issue is that the AI is doing a lot of double mediums against ghost and getting really defensive while you’re phasing. If this was just a change to the AI and not directed at ghost, hopefully they see this and fix it. I can’t use my 5/65 in AW like this. I literally just ranked her up last month after I felt like I had gotten good enough to use her effectively.
  • 3ddd3ddd Posts: 1
    Not much more to say. Everyone captured the issues perfectly. Guess they can tweak AI behavior to nerf champs abilities at will now.
    If this was intended and not some bug from the update, I will definitely be reevaluating how much time and energy I invest in this game.
    I’m sure many r5/65 ghost players feel similarly. She was a high skill cap champ and the recent update changed her game play significantly.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Yeah, I made a post about this yesterday, too.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/758521#Comment_758521

It's definitely a problem—opponents are blocking evading intercepts due to overquick recovery from missing. It's almost as if they have dexterity turn on.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Experiencing the same issue as well
  • ChiboskiChiboski Posts: 3
    I've been noticing this issue too the recovery time of these champs have been so much, why do we always get this kinda silent bugs! We ghost players took time in learning and perfecting that character, don't come and spoil her for us Kabam
  • https://youtu.be/K2GJrNVl7Z0
    So all the real life money we spent to get her and grinded everyday to rank her up and spent the resources on her is nothing huh?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I've also noticed the change, this severely impacts her usability not sure how this is considered fair.
  • 36gishan36gishan Posts: 13
    We grinded and spent too much time in getting the perfection of “GHOST PHASING”
    So why this is happening ??
    This is BUG
    Kabam first creates a POWERFUL champ like GHOST
    Then we all gets towards it and learn her/him.
    We upgrade them to 5/65 that requires lots of time and catalysts which is hardest to get.
    What we see is a BUG !!
    That stopped us from using her and our resources gone wasted
    This thing made me rethink about leaving MCOC !
  • ThednessThedness Posts: 27
    Screenshot her descriptions, in case they stealth change them so it seems she's "working as intended"
  • tajd97tajd97 Posts: 2
    Yeah I've noticed a weird thing where the defender throws the first hit straight away but then delays the 2nd so I end up getting intercepted once I start my attack and phase cancels. Became very prevalent after this update

• LuispinedaLuispineda Posts: 54
    stupid to say that ghost was nerfeada, buff was the ia -__-, she remains the same, even in gesta I work the same, I think this error is in some mobile devices: v
  • Bond_0007Bond_0007 Posts: 5
    This is not a ghost issue. AI is recovering faster than usual. Just found this bug in event quest. Just fought with first boss Captain America and surprisingly he recovered in the middle of the combo and block.
  • TintimusTintimus Posts: 7
    I had the last two lanes left in Captain Marvels mission and though I was crazy. But now I know what was wrong. So many failed incepts.

• grud9egrud9e Posts: 85
    So is it Ghost nerf or AI buff?
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    when u start the fight, they will do a medium, dash back and come in for medium
    wait for a second when they do a medium attk
    see if they dash back, if not its gonna normal fight
    ive noticed the AI being a bit dodgy only for the first 10-12 sec of a fight
    after that its pretty much ok
    but every now n then they hold block way too quick and they 'dex' out of ur attacs which is ****
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Ghost is my strongest Champ, so I use her very often.

I also noticed a big difference in the gameplay. The reasoning shown in this thread, that the AI behaviour changed sound very plausible to me. I mean, i never experienced before that the AI dexes my SP2 vornered to the wall. The AI even tried to hit me while i dashed back for phasing, and after that "evaded" my SP2 while being cornered ... but I also noticed that my other champs get blovked mid combo, or that much more often my usual SP after 5 combo zets blovked by th AI.

So yes, i think they boosted the AI to perform faster, and this is especially stupid if you play with ghost because you rely much more on the "rhythm".

Dont like secret nerves ... really was looking forward for the new content. But with vhanges like that i as a player feel cheated and want to quit.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Ghost user here can confirm this behavior happens post update.

This sets an extremely bad precedent here. I can understand and accept releasing new champs with abilities that counter older ones (which they've already been doing with Havok, sinister and Nick Fury). But changing the AI to counter a specific champ is unacceptable. When we play and learn the abilities of a new champ, we should not have to worry about a future update with an AI fix that completely negates our being able to use those abilities.

This change directed to Ghost is very unfair to those that spent hours and hours learning how to play with her timing and abilities.

Imagine if Omega Red couldn't build spores because the AI decides to back off whenever they stack too many.
    Imagine if Stark Enhanced Spiderman couldn't build poise because the AI never dashes back and instead hits into your block. Imagine if the AI always goes for an heavy attack against champs that trigger their abilities by dashing back and blocking.

This game has always been about different champions with abilities that counter each other. There are plenty of ways Kabam can counter Ghosts abilities without having to resort to sneaky AI manipulation that render her far less effective than before.
  • To all Ghost players out there

Recently I’ve been facing issues with my ghost being parried while I’m intercepting (usually after opponent’s one or two hits) during phasing. Didn’t counter this issue as often (or almost zero) but recently it’s been happening like almost every once in two fights in aw.

I decided to post a thread here after checking with my alliance mates and friends who are playing ghost and found out that they are also facing the same issue.

Thus, I want to reach out to all the ghost players in MCOC to see if everyone is also facing the same issue recently.

If yes, then maybe kabam can explain how we ghost players gonna overcome this. I personally don’t think it’s a mistake (we all will make certain mistakes and I’m fine if it’s a mistake) as I can’t think of any possible moves or precautions I can make to overcome this. I think it’s important that kabam addresses this issue as it has been causing unnecessary DKs in aw (as you all know certain nodes are able to punish you with DK with just one mistake)

I’ve videos showing this issue to prove my case but I’m not sure how to post here.

Regards

Dear all, thanks for all the comments and reassurances that most of the players experience due to the recent changes to AI which affected particularly ghost players the most. Let me summarize the notable experiences that are making ghost almost unplayable now.

1. Immediately blocking ghost phasing intercept and resulting in parry (AW), after one/two missed hits by the AI. This is something that even the most skilled ghost player can’t overcome as it is due to luck that whether the AI chooses to block or not. In AW, this is the worst scenario.
    2. Intercepting ghost phasing intercept with a special after missed hit/hits. I don’t see how any skilled ghost players are able to avoid that special. Very detrimental to AW.
    3. Immediate dex-ing after missed hit/hits and rushing forward immediately to attack. While some of the super fast players maybe able to block the attack, most players won’t be as they maybe halfway executing their hits
    4. Most of the time now (if the AI are not executing the above 3 points), the AI will wait for the phasing to be over before attacking. This may not be the most detrimental but it definitely affects the playing experience of ghost players.

While I will give benefit of the doubt to kabam that these changes are not made solely for targeting ghost, I do hope that they hear our ghost voices as I know to them they cherish our playing experiences more than anything. These recent AI changes totally destroyed what ghost supposed to be in MCOC, and with it the enjoyable experience of playing ghost. Of course if kabam able to provide a way where we can train and overcome the above points, I’m sure we are willing to learn since ghost, before the AI changes, is not as easy to learn as other champs but we are still willing. Regards
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    So, are we going to hear anything from the Kabam crew on this? Or does this just get ignored? This is **** because when I pulled my 5* Ghost I brought her straight to R4, and got pretty damn good with her, very quickly. Now, a week before Act 6, she gets the kind of silent need treatment that takes away from her that which made her great in the first place. Besides adding the stupid 5 & 6 star champion requirement for Act 6, Kabam also nerfing the best damage dealer in the game. Over 3 years playing this game, and I’ve never been so compelled to actually find something better to do with my time and money.
  • FactorQ said:

This sets an extremely bad precedent here. I can understand and accept releasing new champs with abilities that counter older ones (which they've already been doing with Havok, sinister and Nick Fury). But changing the AI to counter a specific champ is unacceptable. When we play and learn the abilities of a new champ, we should not have to worry about a future update with an AI fix that completely negates our being able to use those abilities.

This change directed to Ghost is very unfair to those that spent hours and hours learning how to play with her timing and abilities.

Imagine if Omega Red couldn't build spores because the AI decides to back off whenever they stack too many.
    Imagine if Stark Enhanced Spiderman couldn't build poise because the AI never dashes back and instead hits into your block. Imagine if the AI always goes for an heavy attack against champs that trigger their abilities by dashing back and blocking.

This game has always been about different champions with abilities that counter each other. There are plenty of ways Kabam can counter Ghosts abilities without having to resort to sneaky AI manipulation that render her far less effective than before.

Wow! Totally agree with what you are saying here and I think you should be the one starting the thread as your reasoning is super powerful 👍
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    FactorQ said:

To be honest that day is not too far when quake will be nerfed I mean champs immune to concussion, so get ready guys all quake lovers, make a champ concussion + stun immune , quake game over
  • iWantDaddyiWantDaddy Posts: 48
    This is something I have been dealing with the past month and costing me a lot of resources. Why is it not letting me post a video
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    Yeah, the enemy AI behavior has COMPLETELY changed. It’s much harder to use Ghost now. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but she went from a very fun and unique character to use to essentially complete garbage. If you ever wanted to guarantee that every single hit you throw gets blocked, Ghost is the champ to use in the version 22.0 update. @Kabam Miike I know this is a little on the “conspiracy” side of things but maybe you could just please mention it to the team anyway for us. Either that or give me a rank down ticket. I just took my 5* Ghost to rank 5 a couple days ago, I had a ton of fun using her, I was better than all my alliance mates at using her, and now I can barely use her at all. Something happened that made it so using Ghost is different.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★

Whataduck said:

Grimv717 said:

Yeah, the enemy AI behavior has COMPLETELY changed. It’s much harder to use Ghost now. I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but she went from a very fun and unique character to use to essentially complete garbage. If you ever wanted to guarantee that every single hit you throw gets blocked, Ghost is the champ to use in the version 22.0 update. @Kabam Miike I know this is a little on the “conspiracy” side of things but maybe you could just please mention it to the team anyway for us. Either that or give me a rank down ticket. I just took my 5* Ghost to rank 5 a couple days ago, I had a ton of fun using her, I was better than all my alliance mates at using her, and now I can barely use her at all. Something happened that made it so using Ghost is different.

The fact they're ignoring us is a clear indication that she was silently nerfed.
    But ghost wasn’t changed...therefore not nerfed.

The AI was adapted to fix a loophole/exploit/bug that Ghost was able to take advantage of to great success. She was literally able to dash back and wait for the enemy to attack then to count to 1 or two and win fights.

The AI is rightfully adjusted when things like this pop up. Nothing new.
    It wasn't a loophole/exploit/bug. The AI is recovering too quickly and is able to basically employ dexterity or enter block stance when they should still be recovering from trying to land medium and light hits.

You're right that it wasn't a Ghost nerf. But the AI was definitely unreasonably altered.