**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    @Kabam Goggy a way out of all this is to just require a minimum PI rating for entry.

That would be the most fairest way to handle it, that way, as long as the minimum is met, the player can bring in ANY champ they want.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The Dev responded, and it's not typically their wheel house to address the Forum. They probably had other things on their agenda. Like Development.
  • Manu_XManu_X Posts: 17
    I r5 my 5* ghost 2 days ago, my wasp is 4*, and now this **** comes out? No 4* allowed, not even for synergies?

I left my alli to focus on work and do act 6 etc from time to time, now I’m just going to quit the game.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Literally the most pointless explanation ever might as well have just said money would have made more sense
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

nOux said:

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.
    Problem is that materials are scarse in this game and ranking up useless champions does not do any good to anyone

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

Hey All,

I wanted to drop one more note in here on something unrelated to the Champion Restrictions. We've just granted a very small group of Content Creators early access to Act 6 Chapter 1 Quest 1. The purpose of this is so that they can make educational videos for you all on what you can expect in that first Quest before it is even live.

These Creators will be playing on their own account, with their own resources and team. They have not had any resources granted to them, and they will not be eligible for the Legends rewards from Chapter 1.

We'll be sharing out their content with you all as they release it closer to the release of Act 6 Ch1.

Good to know they can't get legends, does this include the beta tester too .
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.
    Problem is that materials are scarse in this game and ranking up useless champions does not do any good to anyone

Define useless. If you can use them for Act 6 then they're not really useless. Unless you only Rank Champs that people say are worth Ranking, in which case there's not much outside of that.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    So my question is this, if 4*s are banned from act 6 cause it is to difficult to complete with 4*s, does that mean any 5* can get through it within reason?

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Define useless. If you can use them for Act 6 then they're not really useless. Unless you only Rank Champs that people say are worth Ranking, in which case there's not much outside of that.
    Are you trying to say that all champions are equally good?
    I know that these champions are useless not because some one said there are but from my own experience

• Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★

axelelf_1 said:

I didn’t see a single good reason that justifies banning 4*s. It was all the expected rhetoric that boils down to.....money.

Apparently you didn't read the explanation then. Nothing mentioned had to do with money at all. It was a thorough explanation as to why they felt it was best to gate progress at that stage. It may not be what people want, but you can't say the explanation wasn't sufficient.
    If you can't see where it has to do with money you can't comprehend the things you read.

Their entire 'explanation' about previous gating was doing so based on summoner level, or PI or owning a specific character.... not about limiting a roster based on their star level. I say this as someone who has a pretty extensive five star library. It's a bogus call.

Still wondering where the money explanation comes into it? Fine, I'll help you out.... it was somewhere around "...it's a protective measure..." Protective for whom exactly? Us? No. Obviously not. They're sick and tired of us beating their content with four star characters so they push this to prevent exactly that. To sell more crystals hoping people will buy them and expand their five star roster to complete this content. Then they spit in our faces and provide us with a crystal that gives us useless characters and you ask for more.

I'm so glad that heroes were just released with amazing Wolverine synergies. To bad they're utterly useless now.
    No. It has nothing to do with money at all. That's a bitter response that's been around longer than I have, and it comes out whenever people don't like a decision they make. "Y'all are milking the whales. Money grubbing. Greedy.". All that translates to is, "We don't like what you're doing, so we're going to call you out.".
    Fortunately, I don't work for them, so I can put it more abruptly.
    They don't want people using 4*s. That's about as plain as it gets.
    If you read the explanation, there were a few reasons given. One of which was the quality of the experience. Meaning they don't want people having a bad experience. The other has to do with the target demographic. This content is aimed at people who have enough 5*s to do it, and enough Ranking to pull it off. Between Level 60 and Act 6 there are a whole range of different growth points, and for all intents and purposes, this is intended for a specific group of that range. Now, you could conjecture all types of reasons for that surrounding the dependency on Synergies, or trying to make money, but the bottom line is, it's not for people with a handful of 4*s and some OP Synergies.
    Now, as for why they feel comfortable doing it, they have explained that themselves, outlined how they have used similar gates in the past, and also went on to explain it's permanent, and there is ample time to prepare for it.
    The bottom line is, it's not for everyone. Although it IS for anyone who has done Act 5, and has 5*s, which let's be real here, is everyone who has done Act 5. You just won't be able to depend on 4*s, whether for use or Synergies. That's entirely possible to get around.
    It has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with the intended experience and level of challenge.
    This isn’t a non-profit company. Of course this move was made with financial consideration.
    So because it's a company that makes money, it's ONLY deciding factor in any decision is money? That's an incredibly jaded way of looking at things.
    No, the bottom line with this decision is not about money. If that was the case, they'd open it to 4*s and collect the bucks from Pots and Revs bought.
    I never said this move was ONLY being decided by money. I disagreed with your statement that said this move had NOTHING to do with money.

What I said is that money was a consideration. Learn to read bro
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

axelelf_1 said:

I didn’t see a single good reason that justifies banning 4*s. It was all the expected rhetoric that boils down to.....money.

Apparently you didn't read the explanation then. Nothing mentioned had to do with money at all. It was a thorough explanation as to why they felt it was best to gate progress at that stage. It may not be what people want, but you can't say the explanation wasn't sufficient.
    If you can't see where it has to do with money you can't comprehend the things you read.

Their entire 'explanation' about previous gating was doing so based on summoner level, or PI or owning a specific character.... not about limiting a roster based on their star level. I say this as someone who has a pretty extensive five star library. It's a bogus call.

Still wondering where the money explanation comes into it? Fine, I'll help you out.... it was somewhere around "...it's a protective measure..." Protective for whom exactly? Us? No. Obviously not. They're sick and tired of us beating their content with four star characters so they push this to prevent exactly that. To sell more crystals hoping people will buy them and expand their five star roster to complete this content. Then they spit in our faces and provide us with a crystal that gives us useless characters and you ask for more.

I'm so glad that heroes were just released with amazing Wolverine synergies. To bad they're utterly useless now.
    No. It has nothing to do with money at all. That's a bitter response that's been around longer than I have, and it comes out whenever people don't like a decision they make. "Y'all are milking the whales. Money grubbing. Greedy.". All that translates to is, "We don't like what you're doing, so we're going to call you out.".
    If you read the explanation, there were a few reasons given. One of which was the quality of the experience. Meaning they don't want people having a bad experience. The other has to do with the target demographic. This content is aimed at people who have enough 5*s to do it, and enough Ranking to pull it off. Between Level 60 and Act 6 there are a whole range of different growth points, and for all intents and purposes, this is intended for a specific group of that range. Now, you could conjecture all types of reasons for that surrounding the dependency on Synergies, or trying to make money, but the bottom line is, it's not for people with a handful of 4*s and some OP Synergies.
    Now, as for why they feel comfortable doing it, they have explained that themselves, outlined how they have used similar gates in the past, and also went on to explain it's permanent, and there is ample time to prepare for it.
    The bottom line is, it's not for everyone. Although it IS for anyone who has done Act 5, and has 5*s, which let's be real here, is everyone who has done Act 5. You just won't be able to depend on 4*s, whether for use or Synergies. That's entirely possible to get around.
    It has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with the intended experience and level of challenge.
    Act 6 isn't for everyone. True. It should be for people who have nothing to do in the game at least right? I know a ton of ally mates who have finished all content, yet don't have a lot of 5* due to continuously duping rubbish champs. Neither do they have a lot of the top champs as 5* due to RNG again. So they make do with 4* and clear content. That's an indication of skill. As someone has posted above, they have a lot of 5* champs, but not one good bleed immune. So they rely on 4* champs for such lanes. With everything else created and nothing more to do, end game players who haven't been blessed with good RNG continue to wait? And till when? Who knows when you get the pull you need as a 5* or a 6*.
    The only way to do so is then spend your entire time grinding arenas for the featured champ or then some will throw units and cash on deals offered.
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

I know that these champions are useless not because some one said there are but from my own experience

Equally good entirely depends on what job you're trying to do. Some are better at some things than others.
    What I'm saying is you need to look at the Paths in Act 6 and see what is needed, then look at your Roster and see what Champ best fits that. It isn't always about the heaviest hitters, or the "God Tier List". Some Champs will do just fine. That's one of the biggest oversights in this game. People just overlook half their Roster, then when they need it and they can't rely on the Corvus' and the Sparks, they think they have nothing. Is it going to be the BEST option? Not always. It'll get you through Act 6, and more Rewards to build a better Roster.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the discussion on this topic. There’s been a lot of constructive feedback and thoughts, and it’s been valuable to us for considerations and internal discussion. We wanted to be clearer with our intentions, and better clarify why we want to do this and how it aligns with our past direction in the game.

This is not the first time we’ve hard-gated something behind a form of progression. We use gates liberally, oftentimes to prevent players from having frustrating experiences in content beyond their capabilities, but also because we’re game developers and we have some intended play experiences in mind that we--through both iteration and personal gameplay experience--believe smooth out the ride and make the whole thing as enjoyable as possible.

At level 50-60, it's easy to forget that for much of an early player’s experience they are bumping into padlock icons all over the quests menu:

- A multitude of our arenas cannot be played without specific Champion rarities, and to be competitive requires a lot of them.
    - Normal and Heroic difficulty event quests are locked behind levels 12 and 25, respectively.
    - Master was, for a long time, gated monthly behind the 100% exploration of its Heroic counterpart.
    - Uncollected difficulty requires not only reaching level 40, but completion of Act 5, Chapter 2.
    - Even entering Beginner asks you to be level 6!

And this is just looking at the monthly event quests. Dungeons need you to have a sizeable count of certain rarities before you can access the very same ones. Side Quests follow similar locking mechanics to the Monthly Events, and we’ve used gating methods both inter-quest (Dimensional Rifts and their shards) and more explicit (Danger Rooms rarity requirements, the current Recon Missions) to craft a specifically targeted experience or to more tightly tune the content we’re making.

On the topic of tuning, that is our goal when using more stringent requirements in quests. Back Issues #1 used this explicitly with the Class requirements; we did this so we could build areas in each quest where lesser-used Champions could stand out--Hawkeye’s power drain capabilities in Chapter 1, Quest 1, for example--and be important for strategy where they normally would not. We’re aiming to do similar things in Back Issues #2, with a different approach. (More on that soon!)

One reason we do this is because of how progression changes over time. Once you’ve achieved Level 60, we lose a numerical value of your time and experience in the game. The gap between a fresh 60 and a veteran 60 can be massive, just like in many other MMO games. One of the best ways we have to continue using those gates as both protective and progression measure is targeting the baseline strength and breadth of your roster.

Act 6 (and other content) is built with specific challenges in mind. The requirement of 5 and 6-Stars is a broader application of the idea, but it allows us to build a more tightly-constructed experience around a more specific box of playstyles. Making one-size fits all content for an immense player toolbox can lead to things being more watered down and general, rather than the specific moments we can make when we know the lower and upper limits of each player as a matter of fact.

Lastly, this is permanent content. When we place strict requirements on a Side Quest, it’s a gold rush; there’s only ~30 days to build or enhance a team for the quest in question, and it can be a real crunch to get it done. (I myself am going to have a hell of a time with the Avengers leg of the Recon Missions.) Act 6 is going to be around forever. If you can’t get into it right away, that’s alright. It’ll wait for you!

Again I appreciate the discussion around this, and when we say we’re taking your feedback we mean it. When there are lots of opinions and discourse around a topic like this, we take it seriously. I’ve already had two meetings today to chat about it with a variety of teams. I hope my points better explain our stance on gating content, and why we feel comfortable doing it here in the way we are.

The only difference is all the things mentioned aren’t based on rng level 25 requires a “set amount of exp”
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

This isn’t a non-profit company. Of course this move was made with financial consideration.
    So because it's a company that makes money, it's ONLY deciding factor in any decision is money? That's an incredibly jaded way of looking at things.
    No, the bottom line with this decision is not about money. If that was the case, they'd open it to 4*s and collect the bucks from Pots and Revs bought.

axelelf_1 said:

But now you are forced to buy GMC on top of revives and potions.

Revenue is the main decision making factor in any compay from smallest to biggest. So all decisions are made in kabam is with one and only goal is how to make more money than they made before and its getting out of controll because they expect for everyone to whale out on gmc to get usable champions just to offer some 5* rank up offers on top of that little bit in the future.

Of course revenue is the main factor, but how you go about making revenue is another story. Do you think it's possible that the dev teams primary job is to make a good game and not necessary to find ways to squeeze money out of the customer base? A good, healthy game will generate revenue. I know this is a reach, but it's entirely possible that Goggy was telling the truth and they believe this was best for the reasons he stated. Personally I disagree with the decision, but whatever.

Devs have no say in financial aspect of the game, all of the financial scemes comes from up top and devs just implement the feutures
    So do you believe the decision to block 4*s came from on high and they are lying to us? I agree that the devs are not tasked with making money per se. That's why I don't think this decision was about making money.
    Since when is Kabam a charity organisation and does not think about making profits and making company grow bigger? Im starting to think that some people in here is working in kabam, it just cant be that people are clueless this much
    They aren't a charity organization. They need to make money in order to keep the game going. I just don't think the dev team developing act 6 are charged with finding ways to squeeze money out of the player base lol. They gave reasons for why they decided what they did. I happen to disagree with their reasons, but it isn't clueless to believe that they provided their actual reasons lol. People are going to spend on content that they want to play and they are going to buy things to improve their game if they like the game. Who said anything about them not wanting to make profits? I'm starting to think some people in here are too lazy to actually read what was posted. It just can't be that people are that bad at reading comprehension.

nOux said:

Let's face you won't be doing act 6 for a long time. When you finally do you'll be here crying about stuff like you've been doing recently about stuff the community was bringing up a long time ago.

You're just spouting your nonsense like you normally do when things like this happen filling up this thread with spam
    How many years now, and you're still jumping in and taking personal shots at me? You think you'd move on from that by now, but you just never stop. If you think I take it to table, you're wrong. I could care less when I turn the laptop off. Probably best to move on because I don't give a flying #### what you think of me.

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Equally good entirely depends on what job you're trying to do. Some are better at some things than others.
    What I'm saying is you need to look at the Paths in Act 6 and see what is needed, then look at your Roster and see what Champ best fits that. It isn't always about the heaviest hitters, or the "God Tier List". Some Champs will do just fine. That's one of the biggest oversights in this game. People just overlook half their Roster, then when they need it and they can't rely on the Corvus' and the Sparks, they think they have nothing. Is it going to be the BEST option? Not always. It'll get you through Act 6, and more Rewards to build a better Roster.
    The only one in here who talks about “god tier champions” and “corvus” is you. I dont even have corvus as 4*. Please tell me at least one good reason to rank up groot with his 900dmg sp1. Looks like you are the one who is listening to other people who are saying that this and that champion is “god tier”
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

The only one in here who talks about “god tier champions” and “corvus” is you. I dont even have corvus as 4*. Please tell me at least one good reason to rank up groot with his 900dmg sp1. Looks like you are the one who is listening to other people who are saying that this and that champion is “god tier”
    Those were metaphors for the usual Champs that people go after. You keep focusing on Groot, but I'm sure you have more than one 5*. The point I'm making that keeps getting missed is there are options.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

axelelf_1 said:

But now you are forced to buy GMC on top of revives and potions.

Revenue is the main decision making factor in any compay from smallest to biggest. So all decisions are made in kabam is with one and only goal is how to make more money than they made before and its getting out of controll because they expect for everyone to whale out on gmc to get usable champions just to offer some 5* rank up offers on top of that little bit in the future.

Of course revenue is the main factor, but how you go about making revenue is another story. Do you think it's possible that the dev teams primary job is to make a good game and not necessary to find ways to squeeze money out of the customer base? A good, healthy game will generate revenue. I know this is a reach, but it's entirely possible that Goggy was telling the truth and they believe this was best for the reasons he stated. Personally I disagree with the decision, but whatever.

Devs have no say in financial aspect of the game, all of the financial scemes comes from up top and devs just implement the feutures
    So do you believe the decision to block 4*s came from on high and they are lying to us? I agree that the devs are not tasked with making money per se. That's why I don't think this decision was about making money.
    Since when is Kabam a charity organisation and does not think about making profits and making company grow bigger? Im starting to think that some people in here is working in kabam, it just cant be that people are clueless this much
    Who said anything about them not wanting to make profits and grow the company? I'm starting to thing that some people in here comment without actually reading what was said. It just can't be that people are this bad at reading comprehension.

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Those were metaphors for the usual Champs that people go after. You keep focusing on Groot, but I'm sure you have more than one 5*. The point I'm making that keeps getting missed is there are options.

Yes i do have 3 good champions rest of them are same equality as groot because i have really bad RNG. But for some reason you can’t understand that and going we r going in circles back and forward. Thats the wierdest part of this conversation.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    So to recap 4* banned bc you are too lazy to open up summoner levels beyond 60, but it makes sense to you, bc permanent content makes it possible for certain summoners who have the time, money, skill and rng will be capable to fullfill taid requirements, is really sad it took you guys a day to come up with such a unsharpened excuse

Im out of all hoots
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    This wouldn't even be a problem if they had made the gap between 4 and 5 star champs like they did the gap between other rarities. A maxed 1* is weaker than a r1 2*
    a maxed 2* is weaker than a r2 3*
    A maxed 3* is weaker than a r2 4*
    A maxed 5* is weaker than a r2 6*

But a maxed 4* is on par with a r3 5* and not much weaker than a r4 5*. Its only because of this lack of gap in power/utility that 4*s are even viable alternatives. Most players haven't had a need for maxed 3*, outside of arenas since completing act 3. But 4*s remain viable options. Imo kabam released 5* too early and in too small of batches. Kabam knows this which is why they corrected the power gap when they released 6* champs. Unfortunately there is no easy fix and i honestly feel that this 4* gate is kabam way of trying to correct their power gap problem. Making 5* awakening gems more available as well as rank up materials for 5*s and of course gold would go a long way to helping players round out their 5* rosters. Act 6 is just the beginning you can bet that future "end game" content will exclude 4*. I can see within the next 3 side challenges 4*s will be banned.
    Moises_H said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Yes i do have 3 good champions rest of them are same equality as groot because i have really bad RNG. But for some reason you can’t understand that and going we r going in circles back and forward. Thats the wierdest part of this conversation.
    It’s because he likes to see his name on the internet. Just stop replying to him.

If that was true, I'd just jump in with some personal comment and dip out.
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    If only ur 5* range doesn’t hv that much of trash champs, I duped my hulk buster to 120 level FOR THR LAST 4 YEARS, while no sign of a star lord, talk about rng? Oh ya, almost forget it have the most powerful cyclops in it that can help us to overcome act 6, and the best thgs is both ver ,and bonus part,both of them is in 6* now, AMAZING
  • RockermanRockerman Posts: 17
    ...is to add a "synergy slot" to our team(or even two).

It's an extra champ you can take into the quest, that will interact with synergies, but can't be used to fight. And the synergy slot doesn't need to have any restrictions.

I agree with the idea that sometimes, difficult endgame content needs to be locked out from being accessed by players who aren't ready for it, to prevent frustration as they attempt to punch way above their weight class. And I understand that this is not easily done as the game has no efficient metric to track player experience and level of progress after late mid-game/early end-game. So, with a synergy slot, that effect can still be achieved, while addressing the biggest issue that the hard-gating causes, which is, making usable synergy teams much harder to achieve, for act 6 and basically rendering our efforts to create synergy teams useless for the content, simply because some are 4*.

And this is a significant issue, mainly because we are missing a "basic 5*" arena which makes targeting 5* extremely difficult even for late endgame players, while targeting 4* is quite straightforward even for late mid-game players. And adding a basic 5* arena now would just be an undersized band-aid for this issue.

The synergy slot is obviously a feature that isn't easily added to the game, and will take decent amount of development time; meaning act 6 will be launching in a state where synergy teams with 4* are unusable. But its a feature that can be added a month or two after act 6 is out, and would still significantly help in balancing the restrictiveness that this hard lock has on endgame players who are prepared for content with such difficulty.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Hey All,

I wanted to drop one more note in here on something unrelated to the Champion Restrictions. We've just granted a very small group of Content Creators early access to Act 6 Chapter 1 Quest 1. The purpose of this is so that they can make educational videos for you all on what you can expect in that first Quest before it is even live.

These Creators will be playing on their own account, with their own resources and team. They have not had any resources granted to them, and they will not be eligible for the Legends rewards from Chapter 1.

We'll be sharing out their content with you all as they release it closer to the release of Act 6 Ch1.

Good to know they can't get legends, does this include the beta tester too .
    Of course not. Lol. Beta testers gave feedback and things were changed. So even beta testers don’t know what to expect.