**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Huge Personal Achievement!

Wakanda4Ever278Wakanda4Ever278 Posts: 1,106 ★★★

I've been trying forever to beat RoL WS, and I finally did it. Sure, Starky was the one that killed him, but surprisingly, I did most of the work with a 5* Beast! Should I try to farm him, or should I just walk away happy I took him out once?

Comments

• DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    He's easy, wait til you get to wolverine he'll eat you alive if you dont bring in Gully otherwise SL or AA or Yondu, Heal block champions
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Keep at it and dont stop after killing ws if you still have any health left. Move on to cm and get some practice there. Dont waste revives and health pots just push yourself farther with each attempt
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Congratulations! First takedown of Winter Soldier is worth celebrating.

Beast is a low-to-mid-range champ Unawakened; but increasingly useful (and underappreciated) Awakened; with easy-access to Direct damage and Bleed (great for champions like Thing...); or Regeneration and critical/bleed resistance; combined with a marked reduction in your opponent's Power gain. That 65% reduction to bleed duration and potency means the actual damage you take falls to just 12% of the usual; which is really something.

He's got utility; so if he's Awakened, he's worth working with. However, there's not really anything he can do that other people can't; so you can probably do better.

Psylocke, on the other hand can do something almost no-one else can do; totally controlling her opponents power throughout lengthy fights. She takes real skill; but can reward skilled play better than most. She gets better when Awakened; but doesn't need it for her USP; which is totally enervating the opponent at zero power.

Either is a good mutant option; depending on whether you want to prioritise utility or power control. Neither is an awesome dealer of immediate damage; but they bring other things to the table.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Keep practicing and it should get easier. Also, you want a heal block/reversal champ for Wolvie, and a poison immune will help for SW.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Im not gonna take him down till I can one-shot him, got him under 10% with aa so I'm pretty close
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Farm away, my friend!! And congrats. I remember my first time. Knowing what I know now, I would suggest a team with awakened AA, SL and an max sig 5/50 SW. These are my core element for a rol team. I would then add 2 more based on synergies, but recently added my 4/55 wasp to the team so for my 5th I will make it whoever adds the most crit damage to wasps already insane crit damage.
    Anyway, congrats again and you'll have the whole thing beat before you know it.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Donkilla said:

He's easy, wait til you get to wolverine he'll eat you alive if you dont bring in Gully otherwise SL or AA or Yondu, Heal block champions

Wolverine is a easy fight (though long as hell) with Starlord. He will keep regening and it will seem annoying, but dont give up. Keep your combo going up and eventually his regen won't be able to heal the massive damage fast enough. Just use the L2 as soon as you get it, and don't get hit, rinse repeat.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Be proud man. Good job. It takes a lot of dedication and skill to go through it your first few times. Took me months to work up the courage to do it.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    It takes me about 10 minutes to farm WS 6 times. For you, I would recommend practicing for the benefit of skill first. If you’re able to take him down that’s great, but shoot to solo him before trying to strictly farm him. Gaining skill is going to benefit you more than the health pots will.

Congrats on getting him down, though! Post a vid if you want some tips from the community.
  • Mrky75Mrky75 Posts: 3
    X23 was my mvp for all my fights apart from wolverine used 3* void for him worked for me
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    😂
  • mrclever8mrclever8 Posts: 12
    edited March 2019
    Any tips on 3* void would be welcome as I have him maxed out max sig.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Keep practicing. That’s what I did. Then one day unplanned just went through the whole thing. Guillotine saved me on wolvie. SL was awesome.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    mrclever8 said:

Any tips on 3* void would be welcome as I have him maxed out max sig.

Despair and resonate mastery helps to reverse the regen but aside from that just spam special 1 and try to intercept as much as possible since you are at a real disadvantage in health and his ability wont help much until you start building debuffs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Good work!
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    Great job! I got him down to 25% with a 4* Rank 4 Proxima, but haven't tried since then.

Congrats, keep up the great work.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,490 Guardian
    I beat RoL with my r5 4* duped blade. It was hard because the fights look forever, now I can use my r4 5* spidergwen and beat them
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Amazing man, i know the feeling
  • Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129

I'm able to kill him with my starlord solo but I don't do enough damage with X23 any ideas?
  • Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    Mr_E said:

I'm able to kill him with my starlord solo but I don't do enough damage with X23 any ideas?

I just tried CM with SL at less than 50% and pwned her
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Mr_E said:

Just hit and don't get hit, regen will recover any sp2 block damage
  • Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 107
    X-32- my MVP
    Ghulk- my vision and SW killers
    Guilly made wolvie my b!#!!
    Easy to oneshot Winter soldier with x-32 and come out 100%. Just keep practicing it will come to ya. And congrats to all who succeeded
    I did ROL with 4/40 unduped Doctor Strange. I do not know what the fuss about this is. I have seen people beating ROL with 2 star Star Lord.

• Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 107
    It's kinda of like a right of passage from childhood to young adult beating it the first time is a accomplismnet and younger players who beat it their first time deserve a bit of praise... More experienced players seem to forget the road the had to walk to get where they are ...

It's kinda of like a right of passage from childhood to young adult beating it the first time is a accomplismnet and younger players who beat it their first time deserve a bit of praise... More experienced players seem to forget the road the had to walk to get where they are ...

No i never forgot. I said already i used 4/40 DS to beat the whole thing. Nothing special here.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    @CapWW2 take your rain cloud somewhere else ☔️

Congrats, OP 👏
    Pizzabeat said:

@CapWW2 take your rain cloud somewhere else ☔️

Congrats, OP 👏

What rain cloud?

This ROL can even be beaten by 3 stars. Sorry but this is a sad post.