**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Action re: arena bots in 5-star arena

AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
I was hoping to grind in the 5-star Captain Marvel arena this week but it seems hopeless to even try for the champ without spending thousands and thousands of units due to the scores being artificially inflated by bots. This has been addressed a lot recently on Reddit and YouTube. The recent scores for Mister Sinister and Havok gave an indication of what scores would be like without bots etc
Are you planning to take any action this week/next week/ever?

Comments

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    So your basically accusing everyone in the top 150 of the arena as using bots to win champs?

Sorry, Unless you have a huge roster and 15k to 25k units for stamina refills, you just aren't going to win a 5* feature champ. Unless you do 35-40 mil and get lucky that the top 200 decided not to go for it.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    15 to 25,000 units equates to GBP 500 to GBP 800. That’s a completely ridiculous amount to be spending on a single character in a mobile video game. If you check the top scores for the most recent arena it is clear that bots were used for the top scores.
    Your argument is that the only way scores don’t go that night is that the top 150 or so don’t go for the champ. So literally none of them went for Havok or Sinister? How else do you explain the first round scores?
    edited March 2019
    Aldac said:

15 to 25,000 units equates to GBP 500 to GBP 800. That’s a completely ridiculous amount to be spending on a single character in a mobile video game. If you check the top scores for the most recent arena it is clear that bots were used for the top scores.
    Your argument is that the only way scores don’t go that night is that the top 150 or so don’t go for the champ. So literally none of them went for Havok or Sinister? How else do you explain the first round scores?

I am in no disagreement that it is a ridiculous amount.

My argument? Why else would the scores go down? Bots decided to take a holiday?
    If the bots can do 70 mil why would they just lay down and do 35 mil?
    The most recent arena the cutoff for Cap Marvel I believe were around 35 mil.
    As for the top scores? I mean I don't waste my time looking at profiles in the leaderboard of arena.
    Are there like 100k rated accounts winning 5* feature champs? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?
    Because you haven't said that.

Dude the number two account in the previous featured 5-star arena was a 58,000 account with 71 champs total and an awakened rank 2
    Colossus as their top champ. How is that not suspicious? I have a 700,000 account, nearly 60
    5-stars and 5 6-stars and I still can only get to between 12 and 16 million going all out over three days. I know people with larger rosters can go higher using suicides and boosts but there is a natural limit before you need to spend those
    thousand of units. And I’m not against spending a certain amount for certain champs- I understand that Kabam places a certain value on them. Just not these crazy amounts.
    Prof Hoff has a video about this issue talking about the account I referenced above.
    For Fury next week it’s going to be absolutely ridiculous, with I imagine all the top guys going all out and all the people using bots using those too.
    Completely out of reach for any average player.
    Oh and to address your comment about why the scores go down- apparently there is a bot ban wave peridocally and the scores go down every time.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    There is some hard evidence showing profiles that are in no way legit, getting the champ.
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    rank 2 spot in that video Efsane Adam means Legendary Man in Turkish...I know hundreds of turkish bot users,since I've been in&out of some turkish alliances

they pay a 6 buck monthly fee for their bot softwares to be activated remotely...and for a fee of 6 bucks a month they get ;

-Millions of gold from the arena
    -over 10k units that worth over 300 bucks(units from BC included)
    -all the arena heroes,new or duped
    -over 150k premium shards

this is a major major issue that changes the balance of the game...
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    None of the names you showed are on the featured 5 star leaderboard.
    Prof hoff throws around rumors and click bait all the time while doing little to know research. You could make a channel dedicated just to debunking the things he is incorrect about.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    The guy who made that video has zero idea what he is talking about. Should just stop paying attention to him as you are being manipulated by his ignorance.

That’s not the veteran bracket of arena, the leaderboard does not match up with someone who has played >60 days.

Someone willing to spend a little cash/units early on can easily take those arenas without the use of bots.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Kayne34 said:

Prof hoff throws around rumors and click bait all the time while doing little to know research. You could make a channel dedicated just to debunking the things he is incorrect about.

Yeah little to know research..............

Did you mean no research........

Pretty sure you meant no......
    belli300 said:

Kayne34 said:

Yeah little to know research..............

Did you mean no research........

Pretty sure you meant no......
    Definitely use the wrong no but you are correct meant no research.

The guy who made that video has zero idea what he is talking about. Should just stop paying attention to him as you are being manipulated by his ignorance.

That’s not the veteran bracket of arena, the leaderboard does not match up with someone who has played >60 days.

Someone willing to spend a little cash/units early on can easily take those arenas without the use of bots.

People with LOL ultron probably cheated, But don’t have an impact on the vast majority of players since they cant participate in the expert brackets. They will probably get banned but understand that it may take a bit for Kabam to identify them. That is where you have to give Kabam credit for creating beginner and intermediate bracks because it prevents newbs that download the game and cheat from having much of an impact on the overall population that play the game.
    Kayne34 said:

People with LOL ultron probably cheated, But don’t have an impact on the vast majority of players since they cant participate in the expert brackets. They will probably get banned but understand that it may take a bit for Kabam to identify them. That is where you have to give Kabam credit for creating beginner and intermediate bracks because it prevents newbs that download the game and cheat from having much of an impact on the overall population that play the game.
    Agree, however the video itself is false. He says they cheated in the 5* featured arena, they do not have access to that arena in their bracket, heck even being aware of the arena name would set him straight, it’s the 4* featured. You do not need many points and can do it with a half decent team and units. He didn’t bother to fact check or understand what he’s making a video about, it’s a toxic cancer.

Aldac said:

Dude the number two account in the previous featured 5-star arena was a 58,000 account with 71 champs total and an awakened rank 2
    Colossus as their top champ. How is that not suspicious? I have a 700,000 account, nearly 60
    5-stars and 5 6-stars and I still can only get to between 12 and 16 million going all out over three days. I know people with larger rosters can go higher using suicides and boosts but there is a natural limit before you need to spend those
    thousand of units. And I’m not against spending a certain amount for certain champs- I understand that Kabam places a certain value on them. Just not these crazy amounts.
    Prof Hoff has a video about this issue talking about the account I referenced above.
    For Fury next week it’s going to be absolutely ridiculous, with I imagine all the top guys going all out and all the people using bots using those too.
    Completely out of reach for any average player.

You say that like I have looked at the leaderboard. Quit assuming I know that "facts" you are using for your theory.

And like others have stated, sounds to me like that was not a vet bracket arena.
    However there is not a brackets in the feature 5* arena. so heck if I know.

I agree if new small accounts are getting featured champs in the feature 5* arena, that is def a problem.

Kayne34 said:

Agree, however the video itself is false. He says they cheated in the 5* featured arena, they do not have access to that arena in their bracket, heck even being aware of the arena name would set him straight, it’s the 4* featured. You do not need many points and can do it with a half decent team and units. He didn’t bother to fact check or understand what he’s making a video about, it’s a toxic cancer.

I agree, just click bait for views, but the problem is people will believe it then spread that garbage.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Problem is Kabam doesn't reward champ to the person that lost out due to cheating. Cheating has always seemed to be encouraged.
    *I was wrong about not having access to the 5* arena they do have access; starts at level 40.

However the main point is that the video is about cheating in the 5* featured arena, which is not supported by the evidence presented.

The pic of the leaderboard and the collage of summoners is from a non veteran bracket 4* featured arena and not the 5* featured arena. The 4* arena’s name is Further, the 5* is Faster.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    DemitriM said:

rank 2 spot in that video Efsane Adam means Legendary Man in Turkish...I know hundreds of turkish bot users,since I've been in&out of some turkish alliances

they pay a 6 buck monthly fee for their bot softwares to be activated remotely...and for a fee of 6 bucks a month they get ;

-Millions of gold from the arena
    -over 10k units that worth over 300 bucks(units from BC included)
    -all the arena heroes,new or duped
    -over 150k premium shards

this is a major major issue that changes the balance of the game...

Wow thanks for sharing this info.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello all,

We understand the concern about fairness in The Contest and regularly take action on accounts for violations of the terms of service. That said, accusing players of cheating isn't allowed on the forums so this will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.