Read this if you're complaining about wanting a nerf.

12346»

Comments

  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    iSymbiote wrote: »
    Why would you need to cap voodoo's loas? They do nothing defensively if you're fighting him and if you're fighting with him then his damage output would decrease significantly in longer fights. I see no need in that @CapWW2

    To limit damage!

    By that logic, you should be banned from the forums to limit damage to the game.

    Really, you want me banned because i am expressing respectfully my opinion? Good job

    The joke kinds flew over your head there. I was saying we should limit damage to the game through nerfs. I don't want you banned. Then who would I have to prove wrong?

    Nerfs help the game survive, dont you realize kabam has to make money somehow, they nerf champs constantly to accomplish just that.

    Yes! I won the debate! I got you to admit that nerfs hurt players and help Kabam's bank account! Now shh, don't argue, you already proved my point. Go to sleep, little child.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    You said that. "Doesn't hold up in the real world." I don't have to twist your statement in order to directly quote you, and I didn't.

    It was a joke, okay. Nerfs can help balance, but it hurts players a lot. That's why I stand where I do.
    Quoting me doesn't mean you didn't twist my meaning. I got the joke you were attempting to make. It just didn't do anything to counter the arguments I made.

    Yes, nerfs can hurt players. But champions that are overpowered hurt players as well. Kabam will make mistakes sometimes. They need to correct these errors, even if some of their players get angry at them for doing so. The long term damage of having severely unbalance champions will do more to harm this game than making some players upset.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    You said that. "Doesn't hold up in the real world." I don't have to twist your statement in order to directly quote you, and I didn't.

    It was a joke, okay. Nerfs can help balance, but it hurts players a lot. That's why I stand where I do.
    Quoting me doesn't mean you didn't twist my meaning. I got the joke you were attempting to make. It just didn't do anything to counter the arguments I made.

    Yes, nerfs can hurt players. But champions that are overpowered hurt players as well. Kabam will make mistakes sometimes. They need to correct these errors, even if some of their players get angry at them for doing so. The long term damage of having severely unbalance champions will do more to harm this game than making some players upset.

    Again, that's your initial argument again. The best way to balance the game is by making people better, not worse. I already said that, and it started us down this road. The road led us all the way back here. You've made a circle. Let's just stop the conversation. No one is doing anything productive at this point. Plus, I'm tired, it's late. Goodnight.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    The think is that this game should be about skill not which champs you have. Having overpowered champions hurt the game too. Dont you remember when gwenpool was released she was the second coming of thor pre 12.0. And kabam had to pump their breaks on the fly and corrected her. Remember why SW and DS were nerfed? And mr3 armor break 300k damage Thor?
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    See:

    5fegzgpioz60.png
    em4al4d9asup.png
    yjrq8932pn53.png
    zgqtd5185lwc.png

    Show us the un-cropped pictures lol
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Again, that's your initial argument again. The best way to balance the game is by making people better, not worse. I already said that, and it started us down this road. The road led us all the way back here. You've made a circle. Let's just stop the conversation. No one is doing anything productive at this point. Plus, I'm tired, it's late. Goodnight.
    Of course it's my initial argument. It's your initial argument too. You made the circle with me. I do not understand how you think you can only buff champions to balance out overpowered champions. I tried my best to see your point of view, but it seems illogical to me. As I said before, I don't think it matters anyway. Kabam will make the choice to either anger the people who don't want nerfs or anger the people that do.
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited August 2017
    Ooops wrong thread discussion. I was looking to go into a productive thread where ppl could actually debate and talk sensibly than just rant nerfs. I think I'll just go to another one!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 32,671 ★★★★★
    This Thread.......just.......
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    There should be a group of elite champs that will give people something to strive for when they do the arena or questing and get 4* and 5* Shards. While you're gathering those shards you could be using all sorts of champs in questing and you'll look forward to using more champs in the arena cause everyone (including the old champs) would have their own unique and exciting move sets and abilities. That's gonna help a lot if all champs had their own moves and attacks. As for abilities I mentioned before in other threads is that the Fatigue, Weakness and Exhaustion debuffs should reduce evade chance and other defensive and/or offensive ability accuracy.

    Imagine Luke Cage with his Exhaustion debuff, to reduce Spider-Mans evade similar to Ice Mans Cold Snap, while maybe putting armor breaks on Spider-Man. He in a sense would be buffed. He would hit harder cause of the armor breaks, his sig ability will allow you to make one mistake and not get KO'd and you have another counter for Auto Evading champs. Or you could reduce Spider-Mans evade chance and people will cry cause Stark Spidey has a much better evade, more better than Daredevil in some ways. Then what will happen is that Spider-Man won't be so great anymore, he'll fall a tier or two in peoples lists and he'll join a large list of champs who don't have equals but have a lot of betters. Why use Spider-Man for AW defense if you have Stark Spidey?

    Exhaustion by definition is, a state of extreme physical or mental fatigue.
    Fatigue is by definition, extreme tiredness.

    Sorry if people are seeing this three times now. I was backtracking and reading other comments and noticed mine kept disappearing.
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited August 2017
    Oh wait I went through the whole thing now, if there are ppl other than CapWW2 talking then there CAN be a sensible debate.
    Now to all those ppl talking about nerfing strong champions please tell me what an average F2P player would feel after havin invested endless amounts of time into making it super great.
    I will give a real life example, I was one of the fewto get 4 star AA from login crystal! Since then I have been goin ham on the event quests to get catalysts. I have also started saving units to be able to get 6.2 or so million in forthcoming basic arena. Imagine if a nerf happens after that I'd honestly be killed from within!!

    Now buffs in a way are great! But tell me this just how much amazing it would be have all champs with same base attack power or same base health. It would suck the fun right out of the game. But yes the biggest problem lies in the extreme differences in the utility of the champs. And honestly my advise to all of u is to take all u can and make the best use of it.
    Now from wat I hav understood ppl tend to ask for nerfs for the 3 main reasons:

    1. They have just been dissed big time by the game

    2. Some of their favourite champs from comics dont really happen to have the awesomeness in the game compared to their value in comics

    3. They are just trollers trying to waste their time with no understanding of the game meta

    My solutions to all this:
    1. Just learn to take it and move on. A real life example; I am one of the few who was selected for the beta update and was angry as the game now sucks. A few other forumers shared my opinions and we all tried to get more and more ppl to help us in our cause but since the majority of the player base wasnt affected, we were ditched and were frustrated with the horrible response from KABAM (we still are)! But I realised since we dont have majority with us its pointless to raise the issues AGAIN and AGAIN and become irritating and pain in the a** for others. Try ur best to raise ur points in an orderly manner and STOP acting like a stuck tape-recorder that repeats things in a loop.

    2. This can hurt a lot, I was rather unhappy with Howard in the game but Quicksilver benching out. Moreover I have always liked Luke cage in the comics and Power man in Ultimate Spider-man series. But just because many other champions are better than your favourite champs doesnt give u the right to annoy other forumers by ranting for buffs for the specific champ or ranting for nerfs for other champions.

    3. If u belong to this case, then um i cant advise u anything. I am going to ignore all ur posts here on and may u never get what u want!! Worst of Lucks!
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Carnage is tooo op for me..
    Please kabam nerf him for God sake....#VVIP#
  • Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    Simple. Play the game the way it is or download Candy crush. Not that hard
  • I really don't get this whole nerf talk. I don't get how nerfing champions any further could in any way balance out the game. SW an Thor needed adjustment, I admit that. Otherwise Kabam had to make impossible content just to prevent players to breeze through the Content with these two. But as for now, there is no Champion with which you can beat everything effortlessly. How is Hyperions powergain enabling you to beat the collector without spending revives? Or gifting you a legend title like a rank 5 SW did? Is his powergain beating LoL for you? No, I don't think so. Oh but you got hit with an sp3 in AW one time so something has to be done? How stupid is that. There should be some challange left in AW besides the Magik and Dormammu bosses, otherwise AW's will only be decided by the champion rating because every battlegroup will 100% the map every damn time without losing any champion. It is fr*akin' normal to lose an occasional champ or two (but if we're honest, a moderate player can easily beat hyperion), get over it. If your ego can't take laking the skill to finish him of without dying (which is a piece of cake, even without power control champs), then stick to playing map 1 in AQ and lower tier AW.

    The argument that nerfing is needed so we don't rely on certain champs anymore is complete garbage. How in earth should nerfing the champions, who are actually useful for some of the content, help? If you want to be able to clear everything with every champ you want, the content needs to be adjusted not the champs who are able to beat it. Otherwise no content is going to be beatable anymore.
    Nerfing SL for example, as someone suggested, is ridiculous. He's one of the only ways 100% Labyrinth without selling your house for it, and even with him you need skill and lots of units to beat it. If you are able to pull a 300 hits streak on any LoL opponent you deserve to deal the damage he does with this combo.
    Stop trying to take away the little fun there is left in the game.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,099 ★★★★★
    Nerfing champion and buffing other would yes balance the power level but that power level is not sufficient for the difficulty of this game. If all champions were brought down to the level of Luke Cage the champs would be balanced but LOL would be impossible to complete. You have to think of this game as a sort of rainforest ecosystem if all the predators and prey all suddenly became equal hunters and all became the same size and grew claws the ecosystem would die even though the animals are technically balanced. It is the same here, the balance you are looking for is not a balance for the current game. If you wan't to nerf all the best champions then you would also have to ask to nerf all of the hardest content in game as well. LOL with a Starlord even capped 200 starlord would make 100% impossible to complete without spending a lot of money no matter how skilled you play because on some fights such as black panther civil war the enrage would kill you before you kill him which is not balance. This would mean to reach balance for the overall game kabam would have to create or buff a champion to be more powerful than starlord to complete Labyrinth but then since you are so stuck on the idea of balance kabam would have to buff every other champ to be equal making the starlord nerf pointless because in order for true overall game balance to be achieved he would have to be buffed back up again. Besides that if all champs were equal it would destroy this game's path of progression. The whole point of opening crystals is to get champions that will get you to end game content but if all were equal after obtaining 20 or so champions there would be no point to crystals, there would be no variety of champion abilities because there is only so much you can do if all champions have to be equal,no one would buy featured because all the champions in the basic crystal are just as good and no one would be excited for new champions because they would be no better or very much different then pre existing champions. This game is balanced if you look at the whole scope of the game, the balance you are looking for is not for this current game so if you are so upset about it go find a game that has the balance you are looking for.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    How do you think people feel opening 10 crystsls and not getting a God tier? There should not be any god tier. All the champs should be able to do the same damage overtime. All the champs should be equally awesome but different. This is kabam's intention.

    If GOD tier are from 1 to 10 a 10 they will be brought down to 8. And the mediocre champs that are 3 or 5 out if 10 will be brought to 7. Then, The game will be balanced. It will be more fun. You wont be dissapointed of pulling a hulkbuster frim a feature because he sucks after spending countless hours saving.

    You want to argue about spending resources and time on God tier? First it is your choice. You are well aware god tier will be nerf just like SW or THOR. The game is too monotonous again meaning that if you dont have certain champs you are stuck. Meaning if you have certain champs you are at a big advantage. Have you seen a team of Old man logan, spider gwen shehulk in AW attack?

    You argument of having 80 plus mediocre champs and 15 GOD Tier is just a blasphemous statement. All champs should be equally good but with different abilities so skill can thrive in the game and no unfair advantage.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    And for the record LOL with SL cap at 200 hits damage is not impossible. I beat a path with a 4 star and rarely reach a 200 hit combo due to enrage timer.

    A rank 4 5 star level 20 with 200 hit combo attack damage has:

    1861 base attack plus 67 attack every hit. At 200 hits

    67 x 200 = 13400 + 1861 = 15261

    Learn how to speak with facts before making up facts to your convenience.


  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I want every champ to be at least as good as SL. Dont you see the unfair advantage.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I want every champ to be at least as good as SL. Dont you see the unfair advantage.

    That's what I've been saying the whole time, and you're trying to tell me I'm wrong. I'm saying that everyone should get buffed in order to reach that point, instead of making tons of champs worse.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It is not about making champs worse it is to balance them. You cannot have balance by having champs like hyperion, SL voodoo, etc .... without controlling both sides of the aisle. I already explain above clearly.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    It is not about making champs worse it is to balance them. You cannot have balance by having champs like hyperion, SL voodoo, etc .... without controlling both sides of the aisle. I already explain above clearly.

    Unless everyone is that good, which is what I'm saying. You can make everyone better or worse. Making people worse hurts us, but making people better doesn't.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I want both to happen. It must happen this way for balance. If someone had 4 God tier rank 4 5 star in a roster tge rest of the players get hurt too due to unfair advantage. You should revise the SW, THor, DS reason for nerf.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I want both to happen. It must happen this way for balance. If someone had 4 God tier rank 4 5 star in a roster tge rest of the players get hurt too due to unfair advantage. You should revise the SW, THor, DS reason for nerf.

    SW and Strange deserved to be nerfed, but no one else does at this point. It's just hurtful to degrade good champs.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Well we respectfully disagree and that is fine! I respect your opinion. I will work in my master list now.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I need more flags they make me happy!
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I need more flags they make me happy!

    Still not how it works.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,099 ★★★★★
    Guys let this thread die it doesn't matter what he thinks because what he keeps proposing is not going to to happen. Kabam isn't going to intentionally do anything that significantly reduces our spending on the game and nerfing/buffing champions will do that. Having all great champions at the beginning on the game will reduce new comer spending and nerfing defenseive champions will reduce weekly spendings in AW and AW. We can ignore cap because as obviously seen on this thread 90% of this community disagree with him so kabam won't even consider since theres no benefit to them or for us. He's insignificant and shouldn't have caused such a stir a post about stopping the nerf complaints became a 6 page post arguing about buffs and nerfs. Let him do as he wants because nothing he says is going to impact the game in anyway
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    This Is what participation trophies get you. Thinking everything and everyone needs to be equal. Heaven forbid something is better than others. Let's spread the misery and suck the fun out of everything.
  • Hey all, it's good to see some constructive debate in this thread. However, it didn't really start out that way, and there's quite a bit of name calling, off topic comments, and various other non-constructive posts. For this reason, I'm going to shut this thread down. Please remember that everyone is in a different place in the game, and personal attacks at individuals or groups isn't okay here.
This discussion has been closed.