**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Automated defense placement if inactive

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Rules of the Alliance don't involve the power to place people in War for them. It's up to the Member to choose to participate or not, and place their own Champs. Not Leaders and Officers. If someone isn't available, it's the responsibility of the Alliance to adjust and find a work-around. This isn't new. It's the same justification people use for Piloting. If people aren't free, they can't play. Simple as that.

dude as an alliance leader I have the right to tell people they MUST play war. if they cant play war they MUST leave. it is that simple.
    if they are not around I make the choice to kick them or keep them depending on why they can't / don't play.
    but simple fact is mine like many alliance runs 3bg AW and war is a MUST.
    if you cant war you need to leave.
    in a 3bg war every single member needs to place defence. even if for some reason they cannot attack they must place defence. otherwise our defense is missing people and we lose points.

so yeah if you are in my alliance you place defence simple.
    there has been some occasions where for example someone has been away with no reception and we have made an exception but that has cost us points by missing defenders.
    auto placement would stop this.

simple. 3bg alliance. all members place defence.

if you run a 2bg alliance then great. only those members that mark defenders and select them will be auto placed. if you don't have defenders marked for auto placement they wont get placed and will still need to be manually placed.

as I said no one will be affected negatively. it will only benefit those that need it.
    You have every right to make it mandatory, and if they don't follow suit, you have every right to boot them if they don't. Personally, I'm not that fanatical and I respect when people have a life, but that's entirely within your rights to choose.
    What you DON'T have the right to, is access to their Champs and the ability to place them, whether they want to or not. No one should be controlling anyone else's Champs. You can't force them to do anything.
    Slow down dude.
    no one is accessing anyones champs here.
    you as the player select your champs and the nodes they will be placed on.
    you go to your roster and you mark 5 defenders and mark wat bg and wat node.
    when placement starts they get placed.

if you don't select any champs they will not get placed. its all on you to do this no one else accessing your champs or anything.
    Drooped2 said:

Why cant people just find a minute and dump defense which is auto selected anyways my defense hasnt changed in awhile it's always pre picked.

The system is fine the way it is

I get your point.
    but that's also a perfect example of Why not?
    it may not matter to you if its done or not. but why be against adding this feature?
    it can only have benefit to those who use it and cant be bad for those who don't.
    If they can do that, then they can do it during Placement Phase. If they're not free then, they can't play. You have to accept when people don't have time to place, you can't use them. Essentially what the suggestion is asking for is an extended Placement Phase, and everyone gets the same allowance. 24 hours. Not 24 hours plus a day.
    u r a fruit loop.
    seriously.

there is no downside.
    if they are busy and cant war we as an alliance suffer.
    but if there defenders get auto placed at least then we get their defence even if they cant attack.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Edit
    personally I don't care if we get this or not.
    it could be cool and usefull but we don't need it in my ally,
    could be helpful but not required.

but I cant for life of me see nay reason why to say NO.
    I meany why not?
    nothing bad can happen.

if you are a 1 or 2bg alliance and change ur lineups each war.
    simple don't use it.

but if you are a 3bg alliance where everyone needs to place it could be useful.

simple really
    if its not for you and ur ally then don't use it.
    edited March 2019
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Rules of the Alliance don't involve the power to place people in War for them. It's up to the Member to choose to participate or not, and place their own Champs. Not Leaders and Officers. If someone isn't available, it's the responsibility of the Alliance to adjust and find a work-around. This isn't new. It's the same justification people use for Piloting. If people aren't free, they can't play. Simple as that.

dude as an alliance leader I have the right to tell people they MUST play war. if they cant play war they MUST leave. it is that simple.
    if they are not around I make the choice to kick them or keep them depending on why they can't / don't play.
    in a 3bg war every single member needs to place defence. even if for some reason they cannot attack they must place defence. otherwise our defense is missing people and we lose points.

there has been some occasions where for example someone has been away with no reception and we have made an exception but that has cost us points by missing defenders.

if you run a 2bg alliance then great. only those members that mark defenders and select them will be auto placed. if you don't have defenders marked for auto placement they wont get placed and will still need to be manually placed.

as I said no one will be affected negatively. it will only benefit those that need it.
    You have every right to make it mandatory, and if they don't follow suit, you have every right to boot them if they don't. Personally, I'm not that fanatical and I respect when people have a life, but that's entirely within your rights to choose.
    What you DON'T have the right to, is access to their Champs and the ability to place them, whether they want to or not. No one should be controlling anyone else's Champs. You can't force them to do anything.
    Slow down dude.

if you don't select any champs they will not get placed. its all on you to do this no one else accessing your champs or anything.
    Drooped2 said:

Why cant people just find a minute and dump defense which is auto selected anyways my defense hasnt changed in awhile it's always pre picked.

I get your point.
    it may not matter to you if its done or not. but why be against adding this feature?
    it can only have benefit to those who use it and cant be bad for those who don't.
    If they can do that, then they can do it during Placement Phase. If they're not free then, they can't play. You have to accept when people don't have time to place, you can't use them. Essentially what the suggestion is asking for is an extended Placement Phase, and everyone gets the same allowance. 24 hours. Not 24 hours plus a day.
    u r a fruit loop.
    seriously.

there is no downside.
    but if there defenders get auto placed at least then we get their defence even if they cant attack.
    I'm going to ignore that first comment.

If they're busy and can't place, that's life. You deal. Everyone gets the same time frame. 24 hours to Place, 24 hours to Attack. You can't expect them to shift the whole system because a mate had things to do. You do what the rest of us do. Make do without them and accept the results of doing the best you can with what you have. War is not an Auto-Play scenario.

Maat1985 said:

Dude no-one is talking about accessing someones elses account or champs.

WOW dude slow the **** down

talking about a system where you as the player selects 5 champs and earmarks them for defence.
    then everytime defence come up they will be placed. in the bg and on the nodes you select.

if you don't select champs then nothing will be autoplaced.

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Slow down dude.

Drooped2 said:

I get your point.
    u r a fruit loop.
    seriously.

there is no downside.
    I'm going to ignore that first comment.

If they're busy and can't place, that's life. You deal. Everyone gets the same time frame. 24 hours to Place, 24 hours to Attack. You can't expect them to shift the whole system because a mate had things to do. You do what the rest of us do. Make do without them and accept the results of doing the best you can with what you have. War is not an Auto-Play scenario.
    why not ask for quality of life and ease of use features to be added??

I would love to say lets be able to sell items direct from stash. but wait, it is wat it is lets just deal with it.

adding quality of life features are a big things in games.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    New!! MCOC Gold Edition!! Now with 25% less burden on your life!

Community: BOO! We hate it! Bring back the tedium! It’s supposed to suck the joy out of everything!
    edited March 2019
    I know what it is you're talking about, and it is not what the purpose of being obligated to choose to join and place for yourself involves. You have to physically be available to join. You yourself have to elect to join War between the time it's Matched and the time Attack starts. You have to Place your Champs. That's how it works. If people aren't around, then that Ally is down a man, because everyone else on the opposite side was avaiable and Placed their own. That's not a fair scenario at all because the people who showed up are going up against others who just botted in to join. The only thing this helps is people who are so scared of losing, they can't accept finding a way being down a man. I've done it myself. You deal with it and try to arrange a Win as best you can.
    Lovejoy72 said:

Community: BOO! We hate it! Bring back the tedium! It’s supposed to suck the joy out of everything!

If clicking a button to Join and placing 5 Champs is a burden, they won't survive the game regardless.

Lovejoy72 said:

If clicking a button to Join and placing 5 Champs is a burden, they won't survive the game regardless.
    I was leaning more towards the burden on officers and leaders. However, I’ve lost a couple truly great players lately who were in demanding careers (like mine) and terrified of giving less than everything in game. Any little bit helps in reducing that. We are not all BG or Seatin! This isn’t our job.

I know what it is you're talking about, and it is not what the purpose of being obligated to choose to join and place for yourself involves. You have to physically be available to join. You yourself have to elect to join War between the time it's Matched and the time Attack starts. You have to Place your Champs. That's how it works. If people aren't around, then that Ally is down a man, because everyone else on the opposite side was avaiable and Placed their own. That's not a fair scenario at all because the people who showed up are going up against others who just botted in to join. The only thing this helps is people who are so scared of losing, they can't accept finding a way being down a man. I've done it myself. You deal with it and try to arrange a Win as best you can.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    is all I can say.
    I am out of worsds as to what to say.

that may well be what it is now.
    but why not make things easier?
    why not make the game less demanding?
    the more little things that can get done the happier the overall picture becomes.

if you remove any stress and drama from 10 situations suddenly the game becomes more fun.

why not make more linked node in war so people have to be more active?
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I was leaning more towards the burden on officers and leaders. However, I’ve lost a couple truly great players lately who were in demanding careers (like mine) and terrified of giving less than everything in game. Any little bit helps in reducing that. We are not all BG or Seatin! This isn’t our job.
    Oh, I hear you. I think there are a great deal of Allies that place too much pressure as well. While it's their choice to have such stringent rules, I think the push to gain Wins above the Players is backwards. I think if people have lives, we need to accept that. That comes first.
    as I said personally I don't care, wateva,
    but WHY NOT? I just cant see why not.
    I originally suggested as an option to be able to make defence phase shorter and thereby lengthen attack phase to help people who suffer negatively from the new time restrictions
  • KhalDJKhalDJ Posts: 27
    How much easier can they make this? You don’t even need to PLACE the defenders. All you need to do is lock in your team. The system already places them on random open spots if you didn’t do your own placement.
    Drooped2 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Oh, I hear you. I think there are a great deal of Allies that place too much pressure as well. While it's their choice to have such stringent rules, I think the push to gain Wins above the Players is backwards. I think if people have lives, we need to accept that. That comes first.
    Theres plenty of allainces or solo play if your life is too hard to find time.
    I dont find doing what's expected to be stringent. But hey I also dont think you should burden 29 other people.

Place and play or gtfo
    Not me. I run my Ally with respect for people. My guys all feel the same way. We play what we can, and if other things come first, then we respect that. We've been together a long time. As I said, it's up to Allies how they want to mandate. I just think it's way too extreme in some cases.
    the goal in my ally is to do the best we can,
    and push as much as we can for the best rewards,
    without the stress of high tier.

we have done well, we have climbed and are t5 without stress and headache, without pressuring peeps,
    so obviously anything that can help alleviate stress is a good thing.
    if me as an officer wants to adjust my defence at a particular time I cant, because as much as that time works for me my players have not yet been able to get in and place.
    I cant force them to log in and so I wait. but then by the time they place I cant go back and check it all as I don't have time so we lose out.

if it was auto placed then I would be able to adjust at a time that suits me.
    we all win.
    no stress on anyone and we get the job done.
    For me, there's no loyalty in an Ally that puts Rewards before its Members. You're only as strong as your connection to your brothers. Just how I play. ;)

For me, there's no loyalty in an Ally that puts Rewards before its Members. You're only as strong as your connection to your brothers. Just how I play. ;)

that is something we 100% agree on.
    but if there is ways to get more success with less stress
    then that is a good thing that can only help alliances out.

unless the only way you win is by relying on the mis-fortune and back luck of other allies.
    edited March 2019
    Maat1985 said:

unless the only way you win is by relying on the mis-fortune and back luck of other allies.
    That's not relying on bad luck and misfortune. That's a natural occurrence. If people don't have time for Placement, they miss out. That's just how it is. It's also not a Death Sentence. I've arranged Wins with less. If I don't show up to work, I miss out on Pay. I might have a valid reason, but that's life. The job has times you need to be there.

Maat1985 said:

That's not relying on bad luck and misfortune. That's a natural occurrence. If people don't have time for Placement, they miss out. That's just how it is. It's also not a Death Sentence. I've arranged Wins with less. If I don't show up to work, I miss out on Pay. I might have a valid reason, but that's life. The job has times you need to be there.
    we have won wars with less than 30 members, we have also won every war we have ever had when our opposition has had less than 30 members.

as far as the job analogy goes, that's just it, that's a job, that's real life, this is a game, this is fun, its supposed to be fun you do in your spare time.
    as we all know certain aspects can become very demanding yes.
    that is why different alliances suit different people.
    but it is also why a lot of people leave and quit.

I am all for any and every idea that can help relieve the stress and headache and bring better game/life/fun balance that does not negatively affect others. as it benefits the game.
    this would be a change that could only positively affect the other members in your alliance and not negatively affect others.

so why the hell not.
    its not like asking for 30min timers or anything.
    Drooped2 said:

No time dont war it's that simple. Priority for your life if you can't find 2 seconds to log.in and place your defense then you are the burden.

I’m not sure what your message is in this? Are you simultaneously arguing that we have to learn to make choices regarding the time limitations in this game, while also arguing that there are no actual time problems in this game, just lazy players?

edited March 2019
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

we have won wars with less than 30 members, we have also won every war we have ever had when our opposition has had less than 30 members.

as far as the job analogy goes, that's just it, that's a job, that's real life, this is a game, this is fun, its supposed to be fun you do in your spare time.

I am all for any and every idea that can help relieve the stress and headache and bring better game/life/fun balance that does not negatively affect others. as it benefits the game.
    this would be a change that could only positively affect the other members in your alliance and not negatively affect others.

so why the hell not.
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

so why the hell not.
    The job analogy was to make a point about deadlines.
    We have 24 hours. That's enough time to turn the game on, click Join, and place 5 Champs. If not, they aren't in. That's in place for a reason. Everyone has the same amount of time to do it. Not 24 hours, and in the event you're not around, you're in anyway. 24 hours to turn the game on, and put the Champs in. If they're not available, that's something that needs to be accepted. It's the decision of the Alliance whether they are willing to tolerate that or not. Personally, I would. To each their own.
    What you're asking not only gives extra allowance to Place, which is unfair under the current construct, but it also enables people to play in the War without even being around. That's not fair at all.
    Billy Bob is going on Holiday for the weekend. His Alliance Matches a War on Friday. Billy gets back on Sunday. 'Ole Billy Bob just won a War he wasn't even in. Are you getting my drift?
    If they're not around to Place, they can't be in Defense. This isn't really helpful. It just feeds the drive to win no matter what. You have to be able to accept when people don't Place. It comes with the territory of running an Ally.
    this is not gunna benefit someone that consistently has no time to play as they still wont be able to attack,
    this is just one of those things that can help make a few things that little bit easier
    Drooped2 said:

Maybe that's the disconnect here I've been t2 3 ish forever people missing a war is a huge burden and if.you ignore a burden more people get lax and issues keep getting worse.

Cut the head off the snake the minute you see it. Kill the cancer as soon as you can so to speak.

Cant leave things dormant like that or they spread

of course. you are right on both accounts.
    my point is as simple as we need to just look at how things can benefit part of the player base.

I mean why not do this?
    it will help relieve some stress on peeps in a few situations.
    but its not gunna suddenly allow inactive people to rise to the top and become the best

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

so why the hell not.
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

so why the hell not.
    The job analogy was to make a point about deadlines.
    We have 24 hours. That's enough time to turn the game on, click Join, and place 5 Champs. If not, they aren't in. That's in place for a reason. Everyone has the same amount of time to do it. Not 24 hours, and in the event you're not around, you're in anyway. 24 hours to turn the game on, and put the Champs in. If they're not available, that's something that needs to be accepted. It's the decision of the Alliance whether they are willing to tolerate that or not. Personally, I would. To each their own.
    What you're asking not only gives extra allowance to Place, which is unfair under the current construct, but it also enables people to play in the War without even being around. That's not fair at all.
    Billy Bob is going on Holiday for the weekend. His Alliance Matches a War on Friday. Billy gets back on Sunday. 'Ole Billy Bob just won a War he wasn't even in. Are you getting my drift?
    If they're not around to Place, they can't be in Defense. This isn't really helpful. It just feeds the drive to win no matter what. You have to be able to accept when people don't Place. It comes with the territory of running an Ally.
    20 hours dude not 24.
    placement is 20 hours not 24.

think about the alliance not the individual.
    if one of my mates is busy and cant war. I want them to place even if they can attack.
    cus we suffer if they don't place.

my point is Why not change things to help make things easier and more fun and enjoyable and less stressful and less like a job?