**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Green Goblin as a Tech Champion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Alright everybody, I just talked to the designers about this. In addition to the fact that his entire fighting style is powered by Oscorp Technologies, his abilities are heavily based on the Tech Class. This is what the team had to say:

"Green Goblin will have one of the most reliable Power manipulation abilities in the game, which matches with Tech champions since Mutant Champions rely pretty heavily on their Special Attacks for a lot of their abilities. Players will be able to take advantage of Collar Tech and Green Goblin's Special 1 to pretty much lock the opponent from getting Power.

Although Green Goblin is a Tech champion, he will feature a very exclusive counter against Mystic Dispersion and any sort of Power Gain over time. For example, his Cunning Power Manipulation will also lower the amount of Power that Mystic Champions get from Mystic Dispersion.

Green Goblin also takes advantage of his Super Bomb to deal a lot of damage in a short period of time, just like other Tech Champions with Armor Breaks."

More information on his abilities will be available when his spotlight is revealed. I hope this sheds more of a light on the reasoning behind this choice, and why he didn't quite fit with the Science class.
  • SkiSki Posts: 5
    It's pretty simple IMO
    Osborne is a SCIENTIST and used a SCIENCE Serum that created the Green Goblin. Enough Said. He should be a Science Champ. Just because he uses tech does NOT make him tech. If that were the case then make every champ in the game that uses any piece of technology a tech champ i.e. AM and YJ among others

Doc Ock - is a Scientist!! he should also be a Science Champ. He can't use tech without being a Scientist because obviously he would not be smart enough to make it.
  • Ski wrote: »
    It's pretty simple IMO
    Osborne is a SCIENTIST and used a SCIENCE Serum that created the Green Goblin. Enough Said. He should be a Science Champ. Just because he uses tech does NOT make him tech. If that were the case then make every champ in the game that uses any piece of technology a tech champ i.e. AM and YJ among others

Doc Ock - is a Scientist!! he should also be a Science Champ. He can't use tech without being a Scientist because obviously he would not be smart enough to make it.

Stark ist Scientist too, Rocket is more Alien but he uses Weapons

The entire Class of Tech can be deletet cause everyone in there can be a other class if we compare then with the comics...

i can understand the arguements of kabam why he is tech. i dont like it but i can understand, i wish there are more science this year coming but i dont think so, and like most here GG and Doc Oc are my greatest hope´s for Science Champs
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Ski wrote: »
    It's pretty simple IMO

I'm sorry, but that argument doesn't hold water. Steve Rogers wasn't smart enough to make the serum that greatly enhanced his biology, yet he's still able to be Captain America. Science GAVE him his fighting abilities, ergo he's classed as science. But his intelligence level has no bearing on it. Doc Oc might have a big ol brain, but without those metal arms, you know, that *technology*, he'd not be much use in a fight. Gobby is flying around Oscorp tech glider and throwing bombs and draining and locking energy. If he was just on the ground throwing his fists, I could see him being Science.
  • ill gladly trade all my science items for all tech items since class clearly is arbitrary
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Miike is there any chance we could get confirmation on Dr octopus' class? I'm debating how to spend my t4cc that are expiring is all and I'm just not sure I need to keep holding on 2 them. It might help soften the blow to people holding out hope that he'll be science if we could get a little more warning.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    The real reason he’s tech is because he’s based off this old movie

nzhasgz9opb5.jpg
    Endz wrote: »
    The real reason he’s tech is because he’s based off this old movie

No, THAT Green Goblin is basically the same. He took a muscle-enhancing formula (the argument for Science class) and fights with his glider and bombs (the reason he's going to be Tech). That's the same as all versions of the Norman Osborne Green Goblin.
    The only difference is THAT version... Well, Weird Al said it best....

"And he's wearing that dumb Power Rangers Mask, but he's scarier without it on"
  • Alright everybody, I understand that you guys don't like the explanation that I gave, and it wasn't very informative. I'll talk to team and get back to you guys about the reasoning behind this. I imagine that it has to do with the way his abilities in game translate to the dynamics of the classes, but I will be back with information.

In the mean time, can we please remember to keep things civil and discuss things like adults? Remember the rules of the forums, and do not let this go off the rails.

No point, as always " kabam does what it wants" simple, we and our opinions count for nothing. Instead of waiting your time asking the team take a few minutes to read the posts on here and try to listen rather than delete and ignore.
  • Waisting* not waiting your time
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Norman Osborne is clearly tech, I mean if iron Man is tech iron patriot has gotta be. Why does this surprise anyone!?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    the ant-man/Yellow Jacket argument seems really valid. they should easily make the switch from deep blue to green for this one before his release for Green Gob
    I thought champs classes were based off comics not the way the game is being played
    They are classed, based on what allows them to fight in the way that they do.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I still think Doc Ock will be science. I'd be surprised if he's not based on his ability descriptions.

Actually when I read the descriptions a few days ago my impression was that GG would be tech and Ock would be science. Guess we'll see. Would be nice to get some confirmation though.
  • SkiSki Posts: 5
    FPC3 wrote: »
    The only difference is THAT version... Well, Weird Al said it best....

"And he's wearing that dumb Power Rangers Mask, but he's scarier without it on"

You're impossible.
  • Endz wrote: »
    I thought champs classes were based off comics not the way the game is being played

I thought the game was based on fair play and equal for all, but how wrong was I
    The game is "Free to Play" but "Pay to Win". None of those are ever fair and equal.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    A few thoughts...

Being upset about Gobby being Tech solely because YOU have a Science gem burning a hole in your pocket, is frankly being rather selfish. What if dozens of other people have Tech gems they are dying to get rid of? The game has to be designed around much much more than potential items in player's inventories. I mean, come on...

I do not agree with this at all. I have gotten 4 5* awakening gems, 3 tech and 1 skill and I do not agree with this. I still believe that GG should be science even though I got all those tech awakening gems. However, I understand why they made him tech.

Honestly, science and tech has so much overlap, there's really no fine line. AM/YJ should be tech, too, even though the tech was based on the Pym Particle, something scientific. It's really hard to classify all champs perfectly, because in a lot of cases, both could be argued. Iron Man developed a suit of armor, but he would not have it without his superior intellect and physics/electrical engineering knowledge. You could make an argument that's science. AM/YJ are in the same bucket. GG and Doc Oc are the same as well. They both use scientific knowledge to create tech to fight. Everyone needs to realize for a lot of science/tech champs this may be the case and not everyone will be happy with the classifications. That being said, even with all my tech awakening, they have done way too much tech at once. Even though tech was the weakest class, science is fairly weak, too, and should have alternated between the two.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    i was expecting Goblin to be Science but the fact is that green goblin is not the scientist Norman Osborn was so Green Goblin is to be a normal man who gets his powers from his many gadgets so in a way I could understand why they make him Tech . Doesn't mean i agree i would prefer him to be science so now every champ that uses a tech is tech .???? So what about Captain America and his Shield that is some real tech and he is science so im really confuse , We need Science champs
    edited August 2017
    Maybe Green Goblin(Harry Osborn) will be science haha
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    In true Director of Shield fashion, Kabam you Mother f*kers...
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ You are going to make me sit on this 5* Science Awakening gem that I spent my hard earned money on, because you decided to make the crystal a random class, instead of letting us choose what 5* Awakening gem class best suits us... I can't believe you would make Green Goblin a Tech! I have been waiting for him or Doc Oc ever since I got this damn Science Awakening gem from that deal in June, and as it stands right now... this gem seems pretty useless!!!
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    The deal was on the 4th of July, so not even a month. Also, the mods don't determine the classes of champs so stop throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

Kabam clearly is conspiring against all players with Science gems and no champs to use them on. They realized the time was right to STRIKE!
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    The Green Goblin's origin is science-like, but it would actually be more precise to say that a specific version of Normal Osborne's initial origin into becoming the Green Goblin was science-like. The actual character of the Green Goblin has always been more defined by the weaponry of the Goblin. In fact, the original origin of the Goblin didn't include goblin super-serum. The core thread of the character, and the primary way he interacts with opponents in most stories and apparently will in this game is through his weaponry. His origin may (depending on the version) be science-like, but his behavior in the game appears to be very tech-like.

I didn't want to quote your entire post back, but just wanted to respond that I thought it was very well-said, and should offer a strong reason as to why champs are classed the way they are. People seem to be reacting emotionally rather than evaluating rationally. Good post.