**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone passing on the 5 star awakening gem in the intel store?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

I find it interesting how many people are upset with having awakening gems they feel they don’t need. In my opinion, They are always valuable, but not always immediately. Humans have a distinct and curious tendency to only value what is tangible now.

We get two new champs every single month. Most of which have shown themselves to be quite powerful and/or useful.

Even if you have two or three of a certain class. It’s not gonna be more than 3-4 months tops before you’ll be glad to have it.

That said, I’m going for rank up materials. I just find it fascinating.

Just an anecdote, but no—I got a Skill AG from the 12.0 refund and had one Skill 5* at the time: Winter Soldier, long before his most recent upgrade (and long before there was a KM synergy). I held it until early 2018, when I got lucky enough to pull Blade from a featured. Until then, I didn’t have another Skill 5*.

Of the four classes I acquired over the course of 2018, I have a similar situation: two mutants I could use on Colossus, OML, Beast, etc. Or a Tech I could use on the likes of CW or 2099, or possibly Yondu. Are there champs I could awaken? Sure, but they aren’t ones you would burn an AG on. I could go on, but of my past 40 5* pulls, 26 have been dupes. And of the new champs released over the past 14 months, I have pulled Proxima (and not from lack of effort).

So if you are fotnutate enough to get new 5* champs worth an AG every few months, I envy you. Enjoy it.

Dr. Zola
    I just arbitrarily chose an amount of time to be honest. Still (I honestly don’t recall), but we’re champs as readily available then as they are now? We are seeing two new champs a month and more 5* shards/crystals then ever. You had to wait quite a long time, but I would argue it no longer seems to be such a long wait to acquire a viable champion for each class. Of course, this is simply a topical assessment.

I’m sure I had my science gem for a few months before I pulled Void, and I was glad I did. He was my second 5/65.
    Right. It just depends on the account.

I’m not saying I have no options—just that they are mostly sub-optimal. And that I remain stuck in some weird probability rut that delivers dupes and redupes and the occasional middling old champ like last night’s King Groot. In that light, more AGs aren’t the best choice for me.

I tend to be very patient in my rankup decisions—in part because the game requires it and in part because my game play is pulled back from its peak levels. Even so, it’s hard to not get enough shards for 3+ 5* basic pulls a month, or more when special events occur. The game team probably is churning out more champs per month than they were 2 years ago, which is great if you can land them.

Dr. Zola
    Makes sense. You sound like you have a good grasp on things, Dr. Zola.

P.s. Just decided to go for my third featured 5* on this run and awakened my Darkhawk! Pretty pumped about that. Night Thrasher, Sym Supreme, and Darkhawk. 3/3!
    That’s pretty amazing. I’ve been in a pull-and-dupe holding pattern—CWBP was new, and I duped him two crystals later. Luke Cage 5* was new and I duped him two crystals later. Phoenix I duped and re-duped within 3 crystals. Pulled two Blade re-dupes in a month.

Best pull of the past 12 months was a dupe of 6* Luke Cage. Finally, a dupe I wanted!

I imagine I will finally get a Domino, Hypo, Stark, Corvus, Void, CapIW, OR, etc. right about the time content is tuned to make them less useful... :p

Dr. Zola
    That’s pretty awesome. Not a bad 6* dupe. I’d love a Luke. Have him as a 4/40 arena champ. Recently hit Beardo and Wasp and used my two 2-3 science gems on them.

Dang, man. You don’t have any of those? Do you at least have a 5* Ghostrider to go with your Blade for Act 6?
    That I do have. In fact, I have a stacked lineup for mid-2018 with Blade, Medusa, GR, Quake, Voodoo and Ultron. So I don’t deserve a lot of tears.

But somewhere during Spring 2018 the well went very, very dry (can also throw IWIM, ST, MS, Mephisto, SS, Ghost, Wasp, Dorm, Iceman, Sentinel, Ghulk on the don't have list). Puts me about 10-15 “meta”/utility champs behind, but if my luck holds true, I should get my annual new champ at the next Avengers movie release...or dupe my Proxima yet again.

On a serious note, 6* Luke at R2 can be devastating. Plus you get a mulligan if you screw up. I wouldn’t have ranked him without the dupe, but with it I love him. Can only play what they give you.

Dr. Zola
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Not passing on the AG.

The chance of duping a particular champ is below 1% but an AG crystal increases that chance to 16% since it’s amongst 6 classes.

Even if I don’t have a use for it now, I could just stash it and wait for someone who comes around that I can use it on.

T2A, T5B etc, I could just get them from glory. 1-2 weeks, or even 1 month, isn’t too long to wait.

I think you can get the AG and still have enough for like 75% of the T2A
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

I find it interesting how many people are upset with having awakening gems they feel they don’t need. In my opinion, They are always valuable, but not always immediately. Humans have a distinct and curious tendency to only value what is tangible now.

We get two new champs every single month. Most of which have shown themselves to be quite powerful and/or useful.

Even if you have two or three of a certain class. It’s not gonna be more than 3-4 months tops before you’ll be glad to have it.

Just an anecdote, but no—I got a Skill AG from the 12.0 refund and had one Skill 5* at the time: Winter Soldier, long before his most recent upgrade (and long before there was a KM synergy). I held it until early 2018, when I got lucky enough to pull Blade from a featured. Until then, I didn’t have another Skill 5*.

Of the four classes I acquired over the course of 2018, I have a similar situation: two mutants I could use on Colossus, OML, Beast, etc. Or a Tech I could use on the likes of CW or 2099, or possibly Yondu. Are there champs I could awaken? Sure, but they aren’t ones you would burn an AG on. I could go on, but of my past 40 5* pulls, 26 have been dupes. And of the new champs released over the past 14 months, I have pulled Proxima (and not from lack of effort).

So if you are fotnutate enough to get new 5* champs worth an AG every few months, I envy you. Enjoy it.

Dr. Zola
    I just arbitrarily chose an amount of time to be honest. Still (I honestly don’t recall), but we’re champs as readily available then as they are now? We are seeing two new champs a month and more 5* shards/crystals then ever. You had to wait quite a long time, but I would argue it no longer seems to be such a long wait to acquire a viable champion for each class. Of course, this is simply a topical assessment.

I’m sure I had my science gem for a few months before I pulled Void, and I was glad I did. He was my second 5/65.

I’m not saying I have no options—just that they are mostly sub-optimal. And that I remain stuck in some weird probability rut that delivers dupes and redupes and the occasional middling old champ like last night’s King Groot. In that light, more AGs aren’t the best choice for me.

I tend to be very patient in my rankup decisions—in part because the game requires it and in part because my game play is pulled back from its peak levels. Even so, it’s hard to not get enough shards for 3+ 5* basic pulls a month, or more when special events occur. The game team probably is churning out more champs per month than they were 2 years ago, which is great if you can land them.

Dr. Zola

P.s. Just decided to go for my third featured 5* on this run and awakened my Darkhawk! Pretty pumped about that. Night Thrasher, Sym Supreme, and Darkhawk. 3/3!
    That’s pretty amazing. I’ve been in a pull-and-dupe holding pattern—CWBP was new, and I duped him two crystals later. Luke Cage 5* was new and I duped him two crystals later. Phoenix I duped and re-duped within 3 crystals. Pulled two Blade re-dupes in a month.

Best pull of the past 12 months was a dupe of 6* Luke Cage. Finally, a dupe I wanted!

I imagine I will finally get a Domino, Hypo, Stark, Corvus, Void, CapIW, OR, etc. right about the time content is tuned to make them less useful... :p

Dr. Zola
    That’s pretty awesome. Not a bad 6* dupe. I’d love a Luke. Have him as a 4/40 arena champ. Recently hit Beardo and Wasp and used my two 2-3 science gems on them.

Dang, man. You don’t have any of those? Do you at least have a 5* Ghostrider to go with your Blade for Act 6?
    That I do have. In fact, I have a stacked lineup for mid-2018 with Blade, Medusa, GR, Quake, Voodoo and Ultron. So I don’t deserve a lot of tears.

But somewhere during Spring 2018 the well went very, very dry (can also throw IWIM, ST, MS, Mephisto, SS, Ghost, Wasp, Dorm, Iceman, Sentinel, Ghulk on the don't have list). Puts me about 10-15 “meta”/utility champs behind, but if my luck holds true, I should get my annual new champ at the next Avengers movie release...or dupe my Proxima yet again.

On a serious note, 6* Luke at R2 can be devastating. Plus you get a mulligan if you screw up. I wouldn’t have ranked him without the dupe, but with it I love him. Can only play what they give you.

Dr. Zola
    Good lineup for initial clear of Act 6 outside of the Crossbones. Medusa is beautiful and handles the Sentinel and Ultron bosses. Have you attempted yet?

I have Blade at 5/65, but the 4* gate for Act 6 robbed me of my Ghostrider. Was still taking the 5/50 with! I love GR, and always played very well with him. Losing Danger Sense for Act 6 is a pretty big hit. Got initial clear done.

I’m appreciating my 3/45 Proxima (unawakened) more and more as the days go by. She’s cool. Smashing MODOK’s fat face with ease is so fun with her.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Good lineup for initial clear of Act 6 outside of the Crossbones. Medusa is beautiful and handles the Sentinel and Ultron bosses. Have you attempted yet?

I have Blade at 5/65, but the 4* gate for Act 6 robbed me of my Ghostrider. Was still taking the 5/50 with! I love GR, and always played very well with him. Losing Danger Sense for Act 6 is a pretty big hit. Got initial clear done.

I’m appreciating my 3/45 Proxima (unawakened) more and more as the days go by. She’s cool. Smashing MODOK’s fat face with ease is so fun with her.
    Done through 6.1.4 with minimal issues apart from bad play and champ selection for ST boss in 6.1.1. Ran through that quest in a rush and had to burn a couple of revives.

Just waiting on CB until I have more than adequate resources and some time to devote to it (considered saving units for the completion offer but I’m not that patient). Real world hasn’t been kind to game time lately.

And I like Prox—like Quake, she’s great when she’s great. Prox takes the pain out of facing Domino and IWIM with projectile parry.

Dr. Zola
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Passing on guaranted 5star awakening gem from time limited event? please
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I will prob get t5 basics because I still have my two generic gems and a cosmic. But having an extra gem in waiting is not a bad thing. You will get someone eventually
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Not passing on the AG.

The chance of duping a particular champ is below 1% but an AG crystal increases that chance to 16% since it’s amongst 6 classes.

Even if I don’t have a use for it now, I could just stash it and wait for someone who comes around that I can use it on.

T2A, T5B etc, I could just get them from glory. 1-2 weeks, or even 1 month, isn’t too long to wait.

I think you can get the AG and still have enough for like 75% of the T2A
    Not sure yet. Will just wait until I clear all week’s intel quests before deciding.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I'm using mine in t5b and t2a.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I did ..dnt care for those anymore,i have quite few champ need awakening but surely going to get another mutant or tech so definitely not worth it. I went for t2a n extra 5* shards .(6 i opend were 4 tech n 2 mutant,still sitting on 1 mutant from over a year now)
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I'm going for the 5* shards
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Awakening gem for me, the other resources in there are already readily available that a week in AQ/AW can cover the same amount. I still have 5 unused awakening gems spread out to 3 classes, trying to get back coverage on all 6. The value for all the other items in there just seem too low.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Not really all that interested! I have two god tier 5s both the same class and with.six classes i will get one i will have to stare at in my inventory for...however long...got the 4 star awakening and got exactly what i couldn't use...a science and i am missing exactly one science 4 star and all those i have are awakened...5 other classes with unawakened champs and i get a science! When i finally get a rhino i will be ready i guess!
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Rap said:

Not really all that interested! I have two god tier 5s both the same class and with.six classes i will get one i will have to stare at in my inventory for...however long...got the 4 star awakening and got exactly what i couldn't use...a science and i am missing exactly one science 4 star and all those i have are awakened...5 other classes with unawakened champs and i get a science! When i finally get a rhino i will be ready i guess!

So you haven’t done rol yet?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

I'll give you mine. Duped and all. XD
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I am most definitely going to grab the gem. A science will be used in Void. Tech on SESM. And Mystic on GR. Skill will be saved for Blade. Mutant will be saved for Omega. Cosmic for Hyperion.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The AG is the only item you can't infinitely farm by playing the game. Going for anything else is just silly.

That said, if Kabam gives me a 4th mystic gem I'll be so pissed.
    I don't think it's silly at all. The thing about the Event is it's designed so that people can choose what they think suits them best. Personally, I'm not interested in saving Intel for a month to roll a Class I'll have to wait months to use. I can use the other Resources no matter what. Some people just don't want it. I don't care if it's worth $10,000. If it's sitting in my Inventory for months and months, it's not really useful at all. Not worth the chance for me. Anyone else can do as they like.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

I don't think it's silly at all. The thing about the Event is it's designed so that people can choose what they think suits them best. Personally, I'm not interested in saving Intel for a month to roll a Class I'll have to wait months to use. I can use the other Resources no matter what. Some people just don't want it. I don't care if it's worth $10,000. If it's sitting in my Inventory for months and months, it's not really useful at all. Not worth the chance for me. Anyone else can do as they like.

That’s not why the event is designed for. There are people sho can’t complete all the difficulties and having just one option in the store wouldn’t have made sence at all. Don’t claim that you know exactly what kabam designs stuff for. As much as you believe, you do not speak for them. Give your opinion but don’t say it as a gospel as to why kabam does anything. You keep doing that in different posts over and over. If they want something known then they will announce it themselves.
    Smash said:

That’s not why the event is designed for. There are people sho can’t complete all the difficulties and having just one option in the store wouldn’t have made sence at all. Don’t claim that you know exactly what kabam designs stuff for. As much as you believe, you do not speak for them. Give your opinion but don’t say it as a gospel as to why kabam does anything. You keep doing that in different posts over and over. If they want something known then they will announce it themselves.
    If you want to start an arbitrary argument about who I do and do not speak for, I'm not interested. That's redundant. You don't see "Kabam" in front of any of our names.
    Some people might not be able to get enough for the Gem. That's by design. You need to be able to complete up to a certain point. That's not even what I'm saying.
    If what you were saying is true, the only prize would be the Gem after completing everything. The point of making these market-type Events is to allow people to choose their own Rewards. Otherwise, everyone would get the same thing. That's why there are options. So we can decide for ourselves what we want.

Smash said:

If you want to start an arbitrary argument about who I do and do not speak for, I'm not interested. That's redundant. You don't see "Kabam" in front of any of our names.
    Some people might not be able to get enough for the Gem. That's by design. You need to be able to complete up to a certain point. That's not even what I'm saying.
    If what you were saying is true, the only prize would be the Gem after completing everything. The point of making these market-type Events is to allow people to choose their own Rewards. Otherwise, everyone would get the same thing. That's why there are options. So we can decide for ourselves what we want.
    Exactly. You do not have kabam in front of your name so stop talking for them. And everything you said after that I know. I didn’t need explanation about that event and the rewards. Had nothing to do with what I was saying.
    You're clearly just reaching for an argument. Have a good one.

You're clearly just reaching for an argument. Have a good one.

Wow nothing silly to say. Glorious day 😁

Thank you and good day to you too
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited March 2019
    I have a 5* Skill awakening gem waiting for someone (probably Blade). I’m still going to get this one because I really want to awaken my 5* SL. I have 98 tech signature stones just waiting. But even if it isn’t tech, I have decent 5* Mystic, Cosmic, Science, Mutant and Skill (Massacre, Gwenpool etc.) that I could awaken if I have another Gem.

Player said:

I have a 5* Skill awakening gem waiting for someone (probably Blade). I’m still going to get this one because I really want to awaken my 5* SL. I have 98 tech signature stones just waiting. But even if it isn’t tech, I have decent 5* Mystic, Cosmic, Science, Mutant and Skill (Massacre, Gwenpool etc.) that I could awaken if I have another Gem.

I hope you get the Tech you want but in case you don’t then I’d hold on to it for now if I were you

If someone things t2a or t4b suits them better than a 5* AG then they are silly and wrong.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

If someone things t2a or t4b suits them better than a 5* AG then they are silly and wrong.
    Don’t bother mate. He/she is never wrong. In this case it’s fairly subjective though, if he wants to buy materials that can be earned in game rather then acquire something that’s not readily available and is probably 1 of the rarer items getting about then by all means let him. Everyone has a choice
  • PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    Forget it, I can't handle Epic difficulty so I'm not going to have enough Intel for the 5* AG anyway. Instead, I'd rather put my resources towards T2A, T4CC, and maybe the 4* AG. I got sick of grinding for months just to rank up one 5* (Still only halfway there, too!) so I'm planning on 5/50'ing a couple of good duped 4*'s that have just been sitting around.

You're trying to tell me you know what I need, and what suits me better than me. Doesn't get much more wrong than that.
    I'm not buying a Gem just because it's a Gem, so I can sit and wait on RNG. You play your way, I'll play mine.

You're trying to tell me you know what I need, and what suits me better than me. Doesn't get much more wrong than that.
    I'm not buying a Gem just because it's a Gem, so I can sit and wait on RNG. You play your way, I'll play mine.
    People make terrible shortsighted mistakes every day in real life. Making them in a game is prolly just second nature to them.