**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    Screw you Kabam. Me our!
  • OmiSharmaOmiSharma Posts: 12
    We are costumer, just customer for kabam.
  • Badrose said:

May someone explain what fraud are we talking about? It's just for people sending stuff to their second account???

x2
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Pondorian said:

How can you even use a gifting badge fraudulently? You send someone something. How do i benefit from that?

You have to understand the scope and breadth of the fraud. People were offering "gifting" services in which a player could get of in worth of items for like $20 bucks. Banning individual players won't work because the exploit would still exist for others to use
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    dcw_ said:

I like many others i’m sure only purchased units to get the gifting badge. 300 units is not sufficient compensation for removing gifting. Frankly I couldn’t care less about the fraud issues. Deal with the ones that commit the fraud instead of punishing everyone else in the community.

This is a lazy and disgusting way to deal with a problem.

So if they said they would take away 850 units and your gifting badge but give you $30, would you take that offer?
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited March 2019
    Addyos said:

Kabam should have least refunded 850 units which is the unit value of the package you buy to get the badge in the first place. Not cool Kabam.

That makes no sense. You paid the money to get those units and got the gifting badge as an extra. You used the units up for things you used. Why should you be given them again? Also, anyone who bought the gifting badge a long time ago already got lots of use out of it. So you've got value from using the badge, just not the lifetime value you expected.

I can see how it might be fair for Kabam to give you your cash money back but debit 850 units from your account at the same time. That's how refunds usually work. You give back the product you originally purchased in its entirety if it was defective or missing parts.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Sure this was a long time ago, but I purchased the 29.99 unit deal just for the gifting batch when joining my first “serous” alliance.

29.99 real money purchase was the ONLY way to obtain gifting ability. Myself and many other summoners made this purchase just for this reason. Kabam must refund this purchase for each summoner impacted.

Anything else is straight up fraud.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★

Well time to make energy refills, pots and revives cheaper.

Having a 2nd account (that I made a purchase on for the gifting badge) to gift to my main. So...that’s all wasted now and no point in playing the second account 🤷‍♂️.

x2

See I have three feeder accounts. They don't have gifting badges. I just wait until free gifting happened and would gift myself tons of stuff :) You can do anything free(ish) if you want in this game. Just depends how quickly you want to gift yourself.
  • DoodLuvDoodLuv Posts: 5
    So now when you’re stuck with no units and need a revive in AQ or AW to finish your path you can’t be gifted one from a fellow alliance member?

Instead you now have to go in and buy units to get these items which are ridiculously costly from a units perspective.

Another example of Kabam trying to disguise their greed based on “fraudulent behaviour” which they won’t disclose.

Your avarice knows no bounds.

• Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Back in the day the only way to get the badge was 28.99 packages and up, so yes, it should be 850, unless they truly mean that itll be back at some point.
  • Kane3000Kane3000 Posts: 12
    edited March 2019
    I feel 850 units should be the fair compensation for those of us that have played this game fairly without cheating. To give a fraction of that is a slap in the face to the entire community. Well done once again kabam
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    truth is guys are using many bot accounts to grind thousands of units per day, then selling items to top alliance members for half the cost it would be to buy units from the store for them, its nothing to do with stole credit details.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    CFree said:

dcw_ said:

I like many others i’m sure only purchased units to get the gifting badge. 300 units is not sufficient compensation for removing gifting. Frankly I couldn’t care less about the fraud issues. Deal with the ones that commit the fraud instead of punishing everyone else in the community.

This is a lazy and disgusting way to deal with a problem.

So if they said they would take away 850 units and your gifting badge but give you $30, would you take that offer?
    Yep come get my 850 units. I'll take my $30. I didn't pay the $30 for the units. I paid the $30 for the gifting function.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    Just a suggestion Kabam, don't release any more gifting events unless you sort this mess out first. That will release another shitstorm...
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I agree with op. If ur going to remove it then fairness would be reimbursing is 850 units. Not 300. It cost $30 to get it. So should I be on iTunes requesting my $30 refund?
  • MaxPower721MaxPower721 Posts: 3
    Going to join the chorus here. The very least they could do is refund the equivalent amount of units back to those who paid for the badge. Three hundred is just over $10 worth. If I go in there and spend $30 I get 800 units. So I should get at least that. It isn’t like in-game currency is going to cost that much.
  • 300 unit compensation is a joke. Another punch to the face to people who play the game fairly and are still supporting kabam by playing the game fairly. People are leaving continuously because of these decisions.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

There were people on social media and the line app offering gifting services. In exchange for say $20 they would send a ridiculous amount of revives, health pots, boosts, etc. Way more than what a player could get with $20 worth of units

If those people were legitimately mining units to gift that stuff, why is it a big deal that someone paid them to mine gifts for them? That is basic economic activity at work. In any economy, you pay people for things that you don't want to manufacture yourself.

If those people found a way to hack the game to get free resources then that is the exploit that should be addressed.
    Because those people were not legitimately mining units to gift that stuff.
    So this is that people are stealing personal information such as bank accounts or credit card numbers, using these to purchase units and then proceed to gift items or resources to friends/alliance mates, etc.?

I want to make sure I understand this completely.

Also, I do seriously believe that 300 units was a pittance in comparison to the minimum 850 we had to purchase in order to get the gifting badge to begin with. I think this requires another look.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Thanks for 300 units just had question if gifting badge returns in future will we be able to trade this 300 units for gifting badge?
  • ROSBETOROSBETO Posts: 2
    Sei que estão fazendo o melhor possível para nao haver erros e nem trapaças porém nos recompensar com apenas 300 unidades acho injusto uma vez que investi e invisto mensalmente no jogo!

Gostaria de perguntar não seria mais fácil montar alguns pacotes de itens com cristais catalisadores de base e de classe 4 mais reviver e saúde em troca deste problema.
    Se vcs me mandassem um cristal 5 estrelas Ou fragmentos de 6 estrelas ficaria muito mais contente do que apenas 300 unidades!

Grato

Roberto
This discussion has been closed.