**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MckeebMckeeb Posts: 3
    Sorry but I do not understand how gifting was abused, also if it was abused why discipline everyone by taking it away because of some, also 300 units is accurate reimbursement for the 30.00 spent for the badge, 850 units is not 300 units
  • BiancoBianco Posts: 24
    Gift bag should be in alliance. Team mates should have option to send revives, hp, boosts etc. What we do now when we struck in quest, AQ or AW?? You should bring back gift bag to alliance with about 14 days grace period to avoid any fraud units from outside. Every will be happy because if we play in alliance we know each other and we trust each other.
  • DreadfulDrakeDreadfulDrake Posts: 1
    I’m going to need my $30 back if the gifting badge is going away. Either that or some 5 star awakening crystals of my choice.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Mckeeb said:

Sorry but I do not understand how gifting was abused, also if it was abused why discipline everyone by taking it away because of some, also 300 units is accurate reimbursement for the 30.00 spent for the badge, 850 units is not 300 units

scroll up and read my post
  • Mo3Mo3 Posts: 1
    Yes, I bought for the ability to gift. I want a full refund please.
  • bigking33bigking33 Posts: 26
    Dude this cost me a hundred bucks to get and you give me 300 units for taking it away. Wtduece y'all are rediculously cheap. Give me my hundred dollars back!!!
    edited March 2019
    Kabam does not want to admit what is really going on because it would mean having to ban some top content creators buying items from people running bot grinding accounts.
  • big_magsbig_mags Posts: 4
    So kabam is suspending gifting badges due to "fraud" which is technically incorrect. However, those units were produced, there's no way fraud can be committed because its units on an account sending items to another account, through they're own system. Now, there may be fraud committed in acquiring those units but then that's a different problem and should be addressed by itself. I'm sure there are plenty of players like me with multiple accounts that use gifting to supply items to multiple accounts from the main account that does the grinding. This is another example of Kabam not being good at their job and penalizing everyone else because they're too stupid to figure things out. There should be a much bigger compensation then 300 units, up to and including full refunds of purchases unless gifting is put back immediately.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike Why not put stricter restrictions on the gifting badge, such as Level 60, 7k+ prestige and at least uncollected. Yes it would alienate a lot of early stage players but the accounts committing fraud would have a lot harder time getting to that stage. If an account is banned once for fraud (and not permabanned for some reason), then that account is also permanently absolved of their gifting badge. That way it gives you guys much more control playing whack-a-mole to the fraud accounts, and the playerbase gets to continue using the badge legitimately.
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    I paid real money for this & I believe I got more than 300 units with the package I purchased. Just saying...
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Run me my 30 dollars back then Kabam. Y'all got me messed up taking away something I paid for and ain't even do nothing. Y'all act like y'all just cant ban the players that were commiting fraud. Run me my money.
  • JamesnptonukJamesnptonuk Posts: 108
    Why not just set a cool down timer on items that can be gifted, that way honest players can still gift their teammates the odd revive health pot etc, no one is committing fraud on such small levels it’s large amounts at once being gifted at a discounted rate
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I honestly think a full cash refund should be issued I’d say 99% of the people who buy the deal buy it simply for the badge
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    quick question can we contact apple in regard the 30 dollars spent for the gifting badge I understand you stated the gifting badge was a add on but I think a lot of people purchase this item just to be able to use the gifting badge its like if you buy a set of plates that came with silver utensils as add on and macys say hey we want our utensils back because people use using the knifes in an inappropriate manner if im not mistaken we would be refunded, so giving 300 units when the price to get the gifting badge is 850 units seems unfair.
  • Cbowl29Cbowl29 Posts: 288
    The gifting badge was sold to me for $29.99 at the cost of 850units why am I only getting 300 worth of units in return for my badge being taken away for fair use of this item?
  • JbubJbub Posts: 5
    Agree with everything said above. Only reason i spent real money was for the gifting badge and now kabam is going back on their offer and giving a completely unsatisfactory compensation. This kind of **** is what made me quit playing this game the first time. A 6* champ of my choosing would be a nice compensation or 5* generic awakening gem would be satisfactory.
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    Is it possible to just put a monthly cap on gifting, gift once a week only x amount of items, or once a month type of set up, something to consider maybe.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Ok, I'm going to play devil's advocate here:

If they refunded the $30 (or what you spent to get the badge the first time) for the purchase, would you be ok with

A: giving up 850 (or whatever value you got) units that you also got with the offer?

and

B: when they do solve the issue and reinstate the gifting badge (as this is not a permanent ban on gifting), are you ok making the purchase again?

----------------

I am frustrated by this, but we as the community are trigger happy in our anger. They said this is an indefinite suspension, not a complete removal. I bought the $30 offer for the gifting badge but also for the units and I have used those units. I have also used the gifting badge. They are compensating us for the temporary ban on the gifting.

I'm hopeful that if they decide there is no way to fix it and prevent fraud, they will issue a second round of compensation that includes more units and a wealth of the most commonly gifted resources like energy refills, revives and boosts.

@Kabam Miike, if this turns out to be permanent, I hope the team takes that last bit into consideration and over-compensates.
    edited March 2019
    WATCHED said:

Is it possible to just put a monthly cap on gifting, gift once a week only x amount of items, or once a month type of set up, something to consider maybe.

the cap would have to be on receiving not gifting, the people botting with pc's have lots of accounts grinding at once and send from multiple accounts.
    EDIT: thinking about it, it would have to be capped both sides.
This discussion has been closed.