**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    DoodLuv said:

Bait and Switch Kabam

You are the Fraudsters here.

Make no mistake

You can’t honesty sit there and make this Kabams fault.....it’s the people using this feature for nefarious means that caused this. Yes the value we got sucks and it’s not a good position to be in, but this isn’t a bait and switch. It’s not like they sold us this with intent to take it back, that is the definition of bait and switch.
  • Hell'sGateHell'sGate Posts: 7
    Dear kabam mother, you could at least leave the active gifts among the members of the same alliance. Instead of harming everyone.
  • 2_EZY2_EZY Posts: 21
    Yea this is some pretty scummy ****, I paid actual cash for the badge and I’m getting 300 units? Later on when you resolve the issue you gonna charge me another 30$ FOH.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    I want a refund as well, I use my alt account in the right way and now we are all punished because of the wrongs of a few.
  • Nightwraith21Nightwraith21 Posts: 68
    edited March 2019
    Mrmcsexy said:

I paid real money for this gifting badge. I want my real money back. Not 300 stupid in game units. That was the only reason i bought that dumb package. I want my $30 back since you are changing what was supposed to be a permenant addition

I wholeheartedly agree. I rely on gifting in my alliance for special events or to promote participation and it's YOUR fault for inventing a system that's so easily manipulated, as you claim. I want either $30 worth of compensation, or my money back to my account. Us players are constantly suffering from your bad decisions and mistakes, and you promised to be more transparent. Y'all trying to be the new EA?
    I love this game and want it to succeed for years down the road, but you're making it difficult to stay.
    (This comment isn't to mrmcsexy, but to Kabam, just using the comment as placeholder)
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    If Gifting returns will all those who already had it have it again?

If yes, 300 units is a nice compensation in the short term and we can look forward to gifting in the future.

If No, A full refund should be provided to those who purchased the gifting badge since what they purchased is no longer being provided. Or something of equal value at the very least.

I'm sure in the subtext somewhere Kabam has the right to just take everything back and we can't do anything about it. I doubt anyone has actually read the Terms before posting on this thread, I know I haven't. I'll just have to hope instead of being dirtbags Kabam will actually try to do right by the customer.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Why not just allow gifting within alliance only, sounds like a good compromise.

There are ways to get around this too.
  • RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    he won't answer to my questions. and that proves the theory of 90% of the community.
  • Co0k_chilledCo0k_chilled Posts: 17
    Give me my money
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 733 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    300 units is Complete garbage, i agree with OP i spent real money on the ability to send items to friends and alliance mates. If your going to remove it then a full refund is in order, not some cheap replacement of ingame currency.
  • ShawnsyOPShawnsyOP Posts: 9
    edited March 2019
    Reaching out to Apple now to request a refund from these thieves
  • Shin0638Shin0638 Posts: 36
    I understand it is an issue of fradulent activity, however, a 300 unit refund on an item that not only cost $30 but the player had to work towards by reaching a certain level is poor recompense. I spend frequently on the game (the badge being one of those) and I abide by all the terms of service as do most players. MCOC is a game that takes a lot of time and work so to most, the idea of being banned for shady practices is just a common sense. No appreciative player will chance it for fear of losing all that work. It would serve as a great show of appreciation to your true player base if this "refund" reflected the actual resources it took to achieve it.
  • Do not accept the 300 units Kabam is offering. It is not good enough. Only money refunds are acceptable for this. Leave a bad review and send tickets to either Android or Apple stores, and I would suggest to boycott on spending any money in the game until Kabam get their act together and realise they have to deal with this problem on the summoners terms, not theirs.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    Actually that´s not true. The gifting badge was worth at least 30$, since that is the least amount of money you have to spend in order to get it. Following your logic we may also put it this way: The Gifting Badge was what we´ve paid for and the units (which you can grind in game for free) are the bonus item.
    except it is not, because it came with 850 units ($30 worth of units). As he said it was a free added incentive for you to get that value.
  • Co0k_chilledCo0k_chilled Posts: 17
    Send in tickets
  • TheYakAttackTheYakAttack Posts: 15
    300 units for a permanent gifting badge? I'd rather have a $30 refund because the item I paid for is now nonexistent! I'm not sure why Kabam thinks this is fair for its players. There should have been a choice of what was refunded to those of us who have it. We used to get better than this for game outages for example. This is weak for a paid permanent item!
  • I'm pissed off that I paid $30 for a gifting badge and you sent me 300 units to say sorry for removing it from me? You talk about to save the integrity of the game but that's what you offer for taking away something we bought with real money we worked for? What the hell kind of integrity is that to do that to the people like me who have been honest and NOT trying to screw the game play?! I would expect at least $30 in credit to use towards our choice of crystals or whatnot. How fair is this? I WILL completely be done with this game if I don't get something a bit more than 300 units.
  • Tantan5Tantan5 Posts: 16
    Okay try again this one will be shorter... kabam, you do realize that giving ppl a 10$ value for the 30$ value that y’all have taken away from us is just as much as fraud as what started all of this...so congrats to you all I understand with everyone having the gifting badge you didn’t make the money off of act 6 that you were hoping for but this is not the way to make that money so the way I see it is you still owe all of us 500+ units or our money back think you and have a great day
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Lormif said:

AndiYTDE said:

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    Actually that´s not true. The gifting badge was worth at least 30$, since that is the least amount of money you have to spend in order to get it. Following your logic we may also put it this way: The Gifting Badge was what we´ve paid for and the units (which you can grind in game for free) are the bonus item.
    except it is not, because it came with 850 units ($30 worth of units). As he said it was a free added incentive for you to get that value.
    How else could you get the badge? (outside of the seasonal badges)
    Ronildas said:

he won't answer to my questions. and that proves the theory of 90% of the community.

It doesn’t prove anything. They have to walk a fine line on what they can and can’t divulge.

I take that back. What it proves is that the community is vile. We are all up in arms about the value and not looking at the bigger picture. Yes I agree the compensation we got sucks, but comments like this do nothing.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I would be down for compensation of removing the cap on revives and potions
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    300 units for something I paid money for doesn't work Kabam.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

OMC_Pinto said:

This. People didn't even purchase the Badge. It came, accompanied with 850 Units, sold for the regular value of said package. It was quite literally free. We just got 300 Units for a free gift.
    It was necessary. If anyone is to be blamed, it's the ones who ruined it for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.