**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SavaxSavax Posts: 8
    I'm fairly confident kabam is in breach of tos agreement with Google and iOS. I payed money for an item that you gave me now you removed it due to people abusing it but that has zero to do with me. That's like the government not giving out tax returns because people cheated on their taxes... Kabam you can do better! I trust that you'll make it right and not make me waste my time disputing this lazy compensation package with google
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    If kabam is so worried about the people, why bring it back for special events? Bottom line is that it was hurting their profits.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

they gave it to the people who purchased a $30 bundle with the gifting badge in it.

Correct, they gave it to the people who purchased that unit pack. Now we're getting somewhere.
    Correct. That unit pack that cost $30 and would allow you access to a tool that could not be acquired anywhere else in game. That unit pack that is there daily that people don’t buy because you can farm units for free. People bought the pack for the badge. That pack cost $30.
  • Big21navBig21nav Posts: 3
    This is garbage! I want my money back! Now!
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    So just curious, all you people that are outraged and demanding more compensation for your gifting badge that you "paid real money for", what percent of you are outraged because you're the ones who were using it to launder your credit card fraud with throw away accounts?

I'm just going to assume it's around 100%, since I find the 300 units much more useful personally.
  • I believe the listing on my menu was "Permanent Gifting???

So just curious, all you people that are outraged and demanding more compensation for your gifting badge that you "paid real money for", what percent of you are outraged because you're the ones who were using it to launder your credit card fraud with throw away accounts?

I'm just going to assume it's around 100%, since I find the 300 units much more useful personally.

I’d put it at about .001%. 300 units is not useful. Personal opinion. Didn’t really utilise the gifting badge either, not really outraged as the money I’ve spent in game far surpasses the $30 mark. Just seems like the general counter argument to people in here is “git smarter”. Always seems to be from the same few peers as well. 100’s of people have already stated this is why they spent money, they have no reason to lie about it, this is how they feel. Regardless of legal technicalities.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rose @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos Gonna comment anytime soon an let us know anymore. Your obviously on the threads because my last comment was removed
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I've read some dumb comments here about you spend for the unit not the badge, I for one did not get the deal for the unit I got it because it came with the badge, its like if you brought tires for your car that came with rims for a price but then the company said hey we want our rims back if the only reason you brought the tire was to get the rims wouldn't you want your money back or equal compensation. if thats the case why the 5.99 offer didn't include the badge or why wasn't it just free, the fact that you had to purchase the 29.99 offer to get the badge validate what im saying if you purchase it for the units good for you but myself and many others purchase it for the ability to get the badge I grind arena for units if kabam want they can take back 850 units and just give me 29.99 ill be happy with that actually its 32.dollars because of tax. I will be issuing a ticket to apple and see if they can refund me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mjolinar said:

If kabam is so worried about the people, why bring it back for special events? Bottom line is that it was hurting their profits.

No, that's not the reason. When Fraud is being committed using your product, and people are being not only stolen from, but brandished for Credit for years in the process, that's a major priority. Not to mention, oh let's say hypothetically, people are offering a Racketeering Service for said stolen merchandise and breaking a number of other Laws, that makes it a Kung-Fu ####ery of a priority.
    It is not the loss of money for the company that takes precedence. It's stopping access to the Fraud.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    just a few points I want to share
    A- a refund wont happen from kabam you purchased it through Google play or itunes
    B- as much as people want to argue it was a free gift it can be viewed either way depending on how you want to argue it. I tend to believe that it was a purchased item since it was only available by purchasing that offer
    C- kabam gave compensation of 300 units for our trouble. whether we like it or not that is what they view our discomfort at this to be worth
    D- no matter what your opinion people are going to argue the opposite sometimes just to see you get riled up
    E- if kabam runs a gifting event in the future the best way to show your dissatisfaction with it is to not buy units. Really running any gifting event that requires the use of units is kinda defeating the purpose of removing the badge if it was being used to perpetrate credit card fraud since events like this will be when it's most exploited

Finally no reason to respond and argue against any points I've made. I have read all the repetitive posts proclaiming the glory of all that kabam does and dont really care to try to argue against the same people regurgitating the same tired statements. For those of you who continue to play enjoy the game for what it is. Those who chose to leave its been great knowing you and I look forward to meeting in the next game

I've read some dumb comments here about you spend for the unit not the badge, I for one did not get the deal for the unit I got it because it came with the badge, its like if you brought tires for your car that came with rims for a price but then the company said hey we want our rims back if the only reason you brought the tire was to get the rims wouldn't you want your money back or equal compensation. if thats the case why the 5.99 offer didn't include the badge or why wasn't it just free, the fact that you had to purchase the 29.99 offer to get the badge validate what im saying if you purchase it for the units good for you but myself and many others purchase it for the ability to get the badge I grind arena for units if kabam want they can take back 850 units and just give me 29.99 ill be happy with that actually its 32.dollars because of tax. I will be issuing a ticket to apple and see if they can refund me.

It's more like buying cereal for the Prize, and wanting the money back after the cereal was eaten and the toy broke.
    Irony at its best.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

It's more like buying cereal for the Prize, and wanting the money back after the cereal was eaten and the toy broke.
    You mean after multiple people used the toy to rob a bank
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    @GroundedWisdom well I still have the units and the badge didn't brake it was taken away so if I bought a cereal for a toy and walmart say the toy is being misused and need to be return i'm sure walmart would issue a full refund especially if the issue is on their end not mine. I grind arena for units I only purchase the 29.99 offer because it was the only way to get the badge. please don't comment on my post trying to be a smart a** with ya stupid logics
  • Wraith9Wraith9 Posts: 4
    edited March 2019
    I’m just really confused. I didn’t have a gifting badge so maybe that’s why I don’t understand. But how exactly can a person abuse a gifting badge? How can it be fraud? As a paralegal in Ontario. I want this explained, as fraud is a very serious word to use. @Kabam Vydious

Yeah, except it’s not like that at all. You seem to like throwing out overblown analogies to make people feel inferior. What’s your purpose for continued commentary on this subject? You’re not outraged or upset so what purpose do you gain by continuously provoking people? Go grind some arena and add to that stash of yours.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    As pissed as I am about losing the ability to use my "permanently" purchased gifting badge, and yes it was purchased as a bundled item only available with a minimum of a $29.99 purchase, I'm even more upset that this game which I completely enjoy through the ups and downs is being ruined by people with no respect for others. They make mods, bots, launder money through credit card scams, and have no regards for their actions. I would like to see those involved in the fraudulent gifting use be charged and arrested at the very least.

Anyone who thinks buying an odin's worth of items for 40% of its value is going to know that there is some illegal activity behind it, just as you would know if someone was offering a Rolex for pennies on the dollar.

I also think Kabam takes part of the blame here, by pricing things so high in the first place. They should take a look at how much money the frauds made on their discounted items verses what they make off theirs and see how they could turn a bigger profit by taking the customers who are buying black market items back to buying them straight. I'm sure they've lost well into the 6 figures from chargebacks while the frauds have made off clean with about half that amount. Either cut prices in half or double the units given, and maybe the black market wouldn't be as lucrative as it was prior to today.

Just quit punishing us legit players who have supported you for years and allow us to send alliance items to alliance mate's during wars and AQ when needed, even refills or revives to help them finish a quest. Not everyone has money to spend on this game, but in most alliances we help each other.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    @Kabam Rose. Wanna give us an update on this issue along with the 3/05 issue
  • Thunderstruck77Thunderstruck77 Posts: 76
    This will be looked over like everyone else’s comments but these are my thoughts, I give props to kabam for addressing an issue. But they took away one of the pieces that makes being in an alliance fun! Helping out the teammates and friends that we have created over my years of battling. When a teammate gets stuck, it’s FUN helping them out... and I don’t say much but KABAM just took away that aspect of the game. AW, a player has a tough line and out of units, but we need that last node down, no worries bud I got ya, gift sent, go clean up that mess so we can get the boss... etc etc etc.
  • AngelDorantesAngelDorantes Posts: 16
    This is completely UNFAIR... the Badge was never available to purchase with units, so You can´t refund with units. It was only made available if you paid at least 29.99 USD and it was marked as a PERMANENT item. it is OK if you want to remove it, but NOT REFUNDING 29.99 or whatever amount people spent to get the badge is a THEFT anyway you see it. This is FRAUDULENT activity. The badge was not paid with in game currency, you MUST refund the currency it was paid with and the exact amount.

Irony at its best.

It’s also in no way ironic 🙄

Yeah, except it’s not like that at all. You seem to like throwing out overblown analogies to make people feel inferior. What’s your purpose for continued commentary on this subject? You’re not outraged or upset so what purpose do you gain by continuously provoking people? Go grind some arena and add to that stash of yours.
    I see. So the only people who should comment are the ones venting about the change? Interesting logic.
    That pretty much sums it up. The Gifting Badge was an added feature that people received free access to after a minimum purchase of the Loot Bag, which consisted of Units, priced the same as the regular price. It was used a very long time, and due to the fact that people completely exploited and used it to steal from others, not only in the game but outside as well, it was disabled. For this trouble, they gave 300 Units.
    The Units purchased have been long-since spent, the Badge used all this time, and for having to disable it, they gave us an added 300 Units, and now people expect $30 on top of what can't be reversed. It just can't. They can't go back, take back the Units, undo all Gifts, and send everyone $30. It's just not feasible or possible.
    By all means, people can say how they feel, but I won't be leaving the conversation for being the voice of reason.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    INTEGRAL said:

"We are getting rid of gifting badge until THE GIFTING EVENT. Dont forget to spend money for this event guys"
    -KABAM

Exactly. If they really cared it would disappear forever and not bring it back during the time they typically make a fortune. It’s pure doublespeak. This is bad except when it’s doubleplus good (for kabams wallets)

I see. So the only people who should comment are the ones venting about the change? Interesting logic.
    That pretty much sums it up. The Gifting Badge was an added feature that people received free access to after a minimum purchase of the Loot Bag, which consisted of Units, priced the same as the regular price. It was used a very long time, and due to the fact that people completely exploited and used it to steal from others, not only in the game but outside as well, it was disabled. For this trouble, they gave 300 Units.
    The Units purchased have been long-since spent, the Badge used all this time, and for having to disable it, they gave us an added 300 Units, and now people expect $30 on top of what can't be reversed. It just can't. They can't go back, take back the Units, undo all Gifts, and send everyone $30. It's just not feasible or possible.
    By all means, people can say how they feel, but I won't be leaving the conversation for being the voice of reason.
    so the person that purchase this 2 days ago that hasn't use the units as yet and only purchase it for the badge what you say about that smart ass
    I'd say they should read the TOS.
This discussion has been closed.