**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

If a company recalls a product, they give you your money back, not store credit. I'd rather be able to choose how that money gets spent again, not be forced to spend it on the company that screwed me over in the first place. That makes no sense. Here's store credit for that product we sold you that we just took back. Feel free to keep buying more stuff from us.

I'm trying to decide if it would have been better of Kabam simply removed all the items from the gifting store. On the one hand, I would have to read a million posts that attempted to define the word shady. On the other hand, I wouldn't have to read a million posts that attempted to redefine all of economics.
    Whether you agree or not, and compensation aside. It's the lazy way out to punish everyone. Why is it every other time people cheat, manipulate or abuse the system, they punish the individuals. But with this they punish everyone. And while they technically give you some value back, it changes how people play the game,especially
    those who play a second account to earn units to help the other account through difficult content.
    It really has very little to do with punishing people. It's about prevention. When you have a problem of this caliber, your first priority is to stop it from happening, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

crogs said:

My real is I no longer spend on the game. I have two accounts and go back and forth gifting to the one that needs it to finish hard content. And if I don't have the units, I don't finish. Oh well. So if I can no longer do that, I'd rather have my $30 back than 850 units. They could even take 850 units in the process. I'm fine waiting to earn them again. $30 isn't killing me, but if they're going to remove something that was only available via paying for it, then getting my money back is the appropriate solution.

If a company recalls a product, they give you your money back, not store credit. I'd rather be able to choose how that money gets spent again, not be forced to spend it on the company that screwed me over in the first place. That makes no sense. Here's store credit for that product we sold you that we just took back. Feel free to keep buying more stuff from us.

If they outright said this is never coming back you would have a case. But it's a temporary suspension until they can solve actual criminal activity with said item.
    Completely disagree, what’s the acceptable limit on temporary a week, a month, a year? Let’s not forget people are still waiting on compensation for pure skill mastery for 2 years now.

And when they do bring it back will we be automatically given it, will I be able to buy it for 850 units or will I have to shell out another $30?
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    You know what. I don't agree with the badge removal and the compensation sucked. However recognizing that and stepping up deserves some credit. Thanks for not blowing us off on this and making an effort.

P.s. I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously, well done.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

crogs said:

My real is I no longer spend on the game. I have two accounts and go back and forth gifting to the one that needs it to finish hard content. And if I don't have the units, I don't finish. Oh well. So if I can no longer do that, I'd rather have my $30 back than 850 units. They could even take 850 units in the process. I'm fine waiting to earn them again. $30 isn't killing me, but if they're going to remove something that was only available via paying for it, then getting my money back is the appropriate solution.

If they outright said this is never coming back you would have a case. But it's a temporary suspension until they can solve actual criminal activity with said item.
    Completely disagree, what’s the acceptable limit of temporary, a week, a month, a year? Let’s not forget people are still waiting for Kabam’s solution to pure skill mastery after 2 years.

When they do bring it back will it automatically be given back too us, will you be able to buy it for 850 units or will you have to shell out another $30?
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

crogs said:

DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

I'm trying to decide if it would have been better of Kabam simply removed all the items from the gifting store. On the one hand, I would have to read a million posts that attempted to define the word shady. On the other hand, I wouldn't have to read a million posts that attempted to redefine all of economics.
    Whether you agree or not, and compensation aside. It's the lazy way out to punish everyone. Why is it every other time people cheat, manipulate or abuse the system, they punish the individuals. But with this they punish everyone. And while they technically give you some value back, it changes how people play the game,especially
    those who play a second account to earn units to help the other account through difficult content.
    It really has very little to do with punishing people. It's about prevention. When you have a problem of this caliber, your first priority is to stop it from happening, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    No. That would have been a temporary suspension of gifting at worst while they banned the abusers. Or they could've just continued business as usual while handling the abusers.

This is a knee jerk overreaction.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    crogs said:

It's the lazy way out to punish everyone.

People keep saying this like it means something. If there's a feature being used to abuse the game, and there's no obvious immediate way to stop that abuse, that feature must be temporarily suspended. This seems so obvious to me it isn't worth arguing the point. If I was in charge, that's what I would do. If someone thinks it is the "lazy" way of doing it, I could care less. I don't act in situations like this based on what weirdo opinion someone might have. To protect the integrity of the game, I probably would have acted quicker, and more decisively, than Kabam itself did in this situation.

It is unfortunate that when these things happen there are side effects that impact innocent players. But that is unavoidable. And everyone that thinks they can solve every problem "easily" is just delusional. That is the ultimate in lazy thinking.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited March 2019

“None but maybe 2% of the current player population would be able to afford the full impact of donations+potions+revives+boosts.”

If that’s the assertion then it’s all good because less than 1% is in that position.

Furthermore if people are/were riding the backs of fraud and the black market they do not belong in the position they’ve acquired with unfair play; and that position should not now be protected absent their ability to rely on fraud to maintain their status, w/e good riddance, they’ve been stealing from honest players and Kabam.

Also drop the threats and hyperbole they negate prior assertions of being “reasonable”.

TL;DR- If you or your alliance relied on the balck market, kick rocks or learn to play the game and manage your resources, you’re done.

Think you completely got it wrong. Never used black market myself, nor my ally did in the past as far as i know. But thinking or negating the clear fact most did use them isn't gonna help. They did so cause spenders would spend less and non spenders or lower spenders have no ways of farming said resources ingame.

I also like how you completely skip the reasons behind unlocking higher level heals up for farming and just focus on putting me and my ally next to fraudolent units sellers, lmao. So much for a deeper look on the matter. Guess you woke up with the wrong leg.

PS: actually i think you're drunk, you don't usually write badly on that way. Guess i'll wait you sober up and read properly.
    Vale84 said:

We have a potion and revive system ranging from lv1 to lv5. Both for Revives and Heals. That's already two separated items needed to heal. Of those 2 items:

REVIVES: Can't be farmed and appear randomly in quests with low cadency. Rewarded in milestones for individual and ally's events. Of those, only LV1 and LV2 are obtainable ingame. Rest can only be purchased through microtransactions.
    POTIONS: Random drops from fights in all content, can be farmed consistently in RoL mainly (time consuming), but only LV1, LV2, and LV3 potions are currently available ingame. LV4 and LV5, both team and single ones, can be only purchased through micro transactions. Lv1-2-3 are by now obsolete and will be even more obsolete with the advent of 6* rankups.

And this is a very HUGE deal.

You might have a point here if this was true, but this is not true. Potions and revives are not stuck behind a paywall, and are not only available via microtransactions. They are acquired with units. And units are grindable through gameplay.

• Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

People keep saying this like it means something. If there's a feature being used to abuse the game, and there's no obvious immediate way to stop that abuse, that feature must be temporarily suspended. This seems so obvious to me it isn't worth arguing the point. If I was in charge, that's what I would do. If someone thinks it is the "lazy" way of doing it, I could care less. I don't act in situations like this based on what weirdo opinion someone might have. To protect the integrity of the game, I probably would have acted quicker, and more decisively, than Kabam itself did in this situation.

It is unfortunate that when these things happen there are side effects that impact innocent players. But that is unavoidable. And everyone that thinks they can solve every problem "easily" is just delusional. That is the ultimate in lazy thinking.
    I just want to know how they plan on fixing/ redoing the gifting badge and how long it's gonna take them. Everything is so vague right now. I don't want to be waiting for over 3 months and longer for this problem to get fixed.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Vale84 said:

We have a potion and revive system ranging from lv1 to lv5. Both for Revives and Heals. That's already two separated items needed to heal. Of those 2 items:

REVIVES: Can't be farmed and appear randomly in quests with low cadency. Rewarded in milestones for individual and ally's events. Of those, only LV1 and LV2 are obtainable ingame. Rest can only be purchased through microtransactions.
    POTIONS: Random drops from fights in all content, can be farmed consistently in RoL mainly (time consuming), but only LV1, LV2, and LV3 potions are currently available ingame. LV4 and LV5, both team and single ones, can be only purchased through micro transactions. Lv1-2-3 are by now obsolete and will be even more obsolete with the advent of 6* rankups.

You might have a point here if this was true, but this is not true. Potions and revives are not stuck behind a paywall, and are not only available via microtransactions. They are acquired with units. And units are grindable through gameplay.

There is too much requirment of said resources and the amount farmable can't cover all the needs. Donations, potions, war potions, boosts, and so on. As much as you can cut down, you won't ever have availability to cover them all. What you could do would be add potion farming to units farming, trading more time for extra goodies.

But with all that said, and your point being kidna fair, what's the reasoning behind dropping a lv1-2 potions after a uncollected or variant fight?

You can "hide" problems in many ways, but to refuse to recognize the Potion system is absolutely ultra-dated means just being plainly blind, maybe with some reason behind it.
    DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

One. It's couldn't care less. Two. Because your opinion is the one that matters and those that dissent are weirdos... Haha. Just laughable.
    crogs said:

crogs said:

DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

No. That would have been a temporary suspension of gifting at worst while they banned the abusers. Or they could've just continued business as usual while handling the abusers.

No, that wouldn't have sufficed. These abusers aren't operating out of their own Accounts. That would be foolish even for the most brazen. They have separate Accounts. You ban one, another takes its place, and in the meantime while you play catch, there is collateral damage from more Fraud. You can't take that chance.
    These problems with Gifting may have been the most severe, but they're not the first. They've tried a number of methods to deal with them, Level Caps, removing Crystals, freezing them, I hear what Miike is saying about spending more time focusing on the negative. They've been trouble in more ways than one.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    If there was an option to turn over my gift badge for an extra 850 units, I would have done it long ago.

crogs said:

crogs said:

DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

No, that wouldn't have sufficed. These abusers aren't operating out of their own Accounts. That would be foolish even for the most brazen. They have separate Accounts. You ban one, another takes its place, and in the meantime while you play catch, there is collateral damage from more Fraud. You can't take that chance.
    I would agree if there was one precedent set from previous fraud, manipulations and what not. But unless I have revisionist history, I don't recall any previous fraudulent activities resulting in a game wide suspension of a feature. And previous unit fraud was dealt with on a per account basis. Cheaters of sorts are always gojng to find a way to exploit the system, always. If you keep cutting off the arms and make it more and more difficult to manipulate, I imagine the abuse would slow. As long as it's low hanging fruit, the abuse continues. Put the fruit higher up and less will go after it since the effort is greater. Cut down the tree and the problem stops altogether, but nobody gets fruit.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Changes should be coming soon
    Vale84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Vale84 said:

There is too much requirment of said resources and the amount farmable can't cover all the needs. Donations, potions, war potions, boosts, and so on. As much as you can cut down, you won't ever have availability to cover them all. What you could do would be add potion farming to units farming, trading more time for extra goodies.

But with all that said, and your point being kidna fair, what's the reasoning behind dropping a lv1-2 potions after a uncollected or variant fight?

You can "hide" problems in many ways, but to refuse to recognize the Potion system is absolutely ultra-dated means just being plainly blind, maybe with some reason behind it.
    So your problem isn't that the potions aren't grindable, even though to stated that it was. Your problem is that you want to be able to grind an unspecified number of them in a short but unspecified amount of time? And that because this time is not short enough for you, this will spell "dark times" for the game?

As to your statement about level 1/2 potions, sure, I'll bite. Maybe low level revives act to amplify the in-game strategic benefit to using champions with significant regeneration. If it was cheap to revive and heal to full, the benefit of sustainable champions and strong regeneration would be much lower. Maybe it would be lower than desirable compared to the benefits of other champion properties like burst damage or strong utility abilities. I've revived with low revives many times using champions like Blade or X-23 and gotten back to high health, saving me the need to use more healing potions.

I'll do you one better: not only have I used the level 1 normal revive, I've used the level 1 alliance team revive that brings you back with like practically no health. In the right circumstance, I can make that work also; if not sometimes all it takes is one low revive and one or two tiny health potions (which have trivial cost).

So maybe some of the reward structure that seems unjustified to you is really there to amplify the difference between players with more vs less skill, and the effectiveness between different champion abilities in certain desirable ways, healing in this case being one of them.
    crogs said:

DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

One. It's couldn't care less. Two. Because your opinion is the one that matters and those that dissent are weirdos... Haha. Just laughable.
    First, that's not what I said. What I said was, if I was the one that had to make the decision, I wouldn't care what any other player thought about whether the option was "lazy" or not.

Second, "I could care less" is simply an expression, not a statement. Just like "least common denominator" is equally wrong, but used as an expression most people are aware of the intended meaning of, which is the exact opposite of what the words mean.

Third, anyone who thinks, without knowing the details, that the option taken was lazy because there were obvious easy alternatives, has many terms that more accurately describe them, but I'm limited by the requirements of the forum rules in which ones I use.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Damn Kabam just gave back another 550 units.

Awesome.

• TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    edited March 2019
    What’s wrong with everyone? Instead of arguing with each other and trying to put each other down, why not focus on what we can do to better the game. People have a right for free speech, if u don’t like it there’s no need to put them down. That’s not free speech when you pick out their points and start calling them names and blaming them for things that aren’t proved.
    The fact remains it’s ridiculous that in acts 5-6, lev2 potions are given out after a fight with a 5-6* which won’t do anything to progress, whether you can come back from the dead for a lev1 revive or can’t play for peanuts, it doesn’t matter. The potions need to be amped up to higher levels . That’s it point and simple . No replies
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    550 units back! Thank you! I'm so happy I'm gonna gift everyone in the alliance a - well - hell, they got line. I'll just send an emoji instead :)
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Vale84 said:

“None but maybe 2% of the current player population would be able to afford the full impact of donations+potions+revives+boosts.”

If that’s the assertion then it’s all good because less than 1% is in that position.

Furthermore if people are/were riding the backs of fraud and the black market they do not belong in the position they’ve acquired with unfair play; and that position should not now be protected absent their ability to rely on fraud to maintain their status, w/e good riddance, they’ve been stealing from honest players and Kabam.

Also drop the threats and hyperbole they negate prior assertions of being “reasonable”.

TL;DR- If you or your alliance relied on the balck market, kick rocks or learn to play the game and manage your resources, you’re done.

I also like how you completely skip the reasons behind unlocking higher level heals up for farming and just focus on putting me and my ally next to fraudolent units sellers, lmao. So much for a deeper look on the matter. Guess you woke up with the wrong leg.

PS: actually i think you're drunk, you don't usually write badly on that way. Guess i'll wait you sober up and read properly.
    I ignored the reasons (and entire portions about potions) because higher level health pots and revives are a moot point as they are likely just around the corner thus making their discussion/relevance pointless. I instead focused on the idea put forth that absent the black market and fraud the game is in dire straights because people will actually have to play the game or pay Kabam instead of 3rd parties.

Proving yourself to be neither resonable nor respectful. So GL with this thread, I’ll be enjoying the laugh.

Projecting?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Lvl 1 and 2 potions are still relatively useful to me when I have a huge stack expiring in my inventory. I do like the idea of scaling the potions up by title though. Even so, potions can be farmed in rol and by saving the 4 hour crystals, and the venom boss quest in act 4 is a fairly reliable way to farm lvl 1 revives. I also agree on the idea of reducing the price of potions (not revives), because they’re horribly overpriced for their actual value. Even so, a lvl2 revive can top off most champions well enough, so that’s a bit of a moot point besides iceman fights.

I guess my point is that the system has flaws, but it’s also possible to work within it and still have proper healing resources w/o spending any units.
    crogs said:

crogs said:

crogs said:

DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

I would agree if there was one precedent set from previous fraud, manipulations and what not. But unless I have revisionist history, I don't recall any previous fraudulent activities resulting in a game wide suspension of a feature. And previous unit fraud was dealt with on a per account basis. Cheaters of sorts are always gojng to find a way to exploit the system, always. If you keep cutting off the arms and make it more and more difficult to manipulate, I imagine the abuse would slow. As long as it's low hanging fruit, the abuse continues. Put the fruit higher up and less will go after it since the effort is greater. Cut down the tree and the problem stops altogether, but nobody gets fruit.
    Has there been Fraud of this magnitude in the game before? Yes, I believe so. Concerning Gifting? Not that I recall. Had it been, it would have likely been resolved in the same manner. The severity of the issue is what caused them to react the way they did.
    You're arguing something that ought not to be argued. You're suggesting that they simply ban Accounts on a per-Account basis, and allow the Feature to continue to be exploited. I can assure you, these people DO NOT CARE about the Accounts. The only thing banning the Accounts does is disable that one from being used, and they can just create another, if not draw on their many. What you're suggesting opens a window for them to continually commit Fraud, jumping from Account to Account, and you don't need a precedence to see that is not a solution at all. Worse, it's allowing it to happen. Accounts are appendages to these people. They are created for the express purpose of taking the hit.
    The tree was cut down for a reason.
  • Psycho1980Psycho1980 Posts: 37
    edited March 2019
    I agree with the removal of the gifting badge BUT

In my old alliance we used to help players to clear LOL. We went together and helped a few in the alliance with revives. I have gifted revives to people that are worth more than 2 or 3 odins and now I have no means to recover my expenses. What am I supposed to do in this case? I didn't sell them anything. Just help them and they were supposed to gift the items back once they finish

The few units received as a compensation are worth nothing and I am left with a taste of d..k in my mouth and every time Kabam is doing changes, I get the same taste....EVERY TIME!

I have never used to buy items from anyone. I make purchases in the game by legal means and I grind the arenas regularly. Nearly 180k pvp on my own time....

How are we supposed to help alliance members when they are in trouble in AQ/AW? Nobody is perfect and we all have bad days from time to time. Or we wake up because we need to clear a node in AQ and play in a rush. Everyone knows about this....

The decision will affect lots of people

Kabam please think of a way to avoid fraud and bring the badge back or we will lose people. Heck...I might go to a different game too if it continues like that
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

I honestly wish kabam stuck to the 300 units because this sets more precedent for a whine fest over things showing kabam wont stick to their decisions if you whine enough

I don’t think Kabam took what the whiners said as any grounds for the change on reimbursement. More than likely they took the time to read comments that were constructive and not hatefilled. It’s the people who took the high road and tried to actually talk to them rather than demanding and insulting.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

I honestly wish kabam stuck to the 300 units because this sets more precedent for a whine fest over things showing kabam wont stick to their decisions if you whine enough

I don’t think Kabam took what the whiners said as any grounds for the change on reimbursement. More than likely they took the time to read comments that were constructive and not hatefilled. It’s the people who took the high road and tried to actually talk to them rather than demanding and insulting.
    You may be right, but the whiners still get what they wanted. And will probably think it was the whining that did it.
  • Nov2018Nov2018 Posts: 3
    let me show you another example
    Gift badge cost $30.00 x 200,000 players = 6 M
    Odin pack $150.00 x 10,000 players = 1.5 m, (ok odin pack got nothing to do with this)

Refund in units ? what you want to do with the units ? what can you do with the units ?
    I am going to walk into Starbucks, drink coffee and pay them in units or walking into Apple store buy earphone and pay them in units. lets see what they will say ..

This discussion has been closed.