**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 22.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
edited March 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 22.0 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    In less than three hours I am literally unable to hold my iPhone 6s Plus anymore.

Please check out overheating issue. Thanks.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    In-Game Name: TheGrimSleeper
    Device and Model: iPhone XS
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 22.0
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: All loading screens are extremely long, taking anywhere from several seconds to sometimes a minute or longer. There's always a "please check your network connection" pop up at the bottom of the screen, the infamous little bugger that we all know and hate. It's not my network as other apps work including other games, Youtube, chat apps, etc. This has been an issue for a couple months now, the game is just slowed down a ton by it. Makes it tedious to play. Arena is almost impossible. Alliance modes are more difficult to coordinate.
  • In-game name- slayer7913
    Device and model- iPad Pro
    Device operating system- iOS 12.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi- both
    Game version installed- 22
    Game mode- mostly alliance quest and alliance war, occasionally other modes as well.
    Description of problem- so for a long time now me and many of my alliance mates have been plagued by our champions not blocking or more accurately parrying when commanded to do so. I speculate that it is a bug with the parry mastery. Because when I atp the screen my champion does not react and I get combo’d into oblivion. Lol. But seriously this has been an issue for at least 2 months easily. The problem is that it mostly happens in alliance activities like war and quest and these are expensive errors to have to pay for when it’s not your error. Please tell me kabam has some type of fix in the works because it’s been happening for too long to too many people for it not to be a known issue. People are even starting to speculate that this is a purposeful gimmic by kabam to rake in extra money. I for one sincerely hope that’s not the case considering I’m such a huge fan of this game. But people begin to wonder when the issue is not being resolved.
  • AwesomoChaos wrote: »
    In-Game Name: Awesomo Chaos
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 21.3
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest.

Description of the Issue: Champions often randomly stop registering light attacks during middle of a combo and will stop fighting so I get punched in the face.

Same here. Fast tapping during a combo, suddenly in middle (like after just ML or MLL) any further taps at same spot on screen just stop being recognized. It is not a “lag” in that background scene still moves and opponent will then retreat or advance to hit me even though I’m still tapping with no response. It is NOT because of connection problem, bad stylus, bad touch pixels, or long overheating session beforehand.
    Started happening occasionally during past month or two, but once it starts acting up (maybe after 7-12 arena rounds, or repeated questing passes) it is very repeatable for a while (many times during several arena fights in a row).

In-Game Name: SumNR
    Device and Model: iPad 6th Gen (2018)
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Game Version Installed: 22.0 (still happening, started around 21.2)
  • EquwanEquwan Posts: 96
    1.After hold block sometimes my champ dashed forward outta nowhere once I release 2. Lately while I’m in the middle of a combo tapping the screen, my champ will jus stop attacking & get wrecked 3. Captain Marvel boss in uncollected lagged a few times at the beginning of the match and sometimes during her sp attacks. 4. All the Deadpool’s including venom pool lags once they perform sp2. I have an iPhone X .. dnt kno if anyone is experiencing these bugs
  • vg25214vg25214 Posts: 1
    Crashing
  • Mr_K26Mr_K26 Posts: 7
    In-Game Name:- Mr.K26
    Device :- iPhone 6s
    iOS installed:-12.1.4
    Cellular:- Vodafone 4G
    Game Version Installed :- 22.0
    Game mode: alliance , alliance war and quest And overheating of phone due to game and lagging.
    Description of the issue:-the game got stuck when I opened my alliance window. Everything in background were working well ( like timer for energy refill was working, changing of money to glory coins,etc). Even I’m unable to use the same champions in alliance war and quest at a time which was possible before the update( I mean while attack phase in going on,I was able to use my attacker champions in alliance quest too at the same time ).
    Lastly this update makes my phone overheated within 20 minutes of playing the game and some of my champions are lagging while in a fight.
    Thanking you
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    iOS 12.1.4
    Version 22
    WiFi
    Speeds 80
    If I block at start of fight, defender often airpunches me, also I'm getting clipped by l1s that I am miles away from but then I'm able to evade out of them if they are multiple hit (ie hit by spideys first hitnin l1 but then able to block or evade before the second and third hits
  • SuperObsidianSuperObsidian Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    In-game username: SuperObsidian
    Phone Model: IPhone 6s
    WiFi or Cellular: WiFi
    Game mode: Story
    Version: Most Recent
    I can’t collect act completion milestones.
  • ScratchScratch Posts: 1
    Game name: Scratchmac
    Pixel 3
    Android 9
    WiFi
    Version 22.0
    Event quests battlerealm under siege ch2 boss Ronan
    Corvus glaive taking shock damage even though he is supposed to be shock immune w glaive immunity active. There is nothing in the emp node description saying it can override any kind of immunity
  • NicxNicx Posts: 2
    IGN: Nicx
    Device Model: Vernee X1
    Device OS: Android 7.1
    Wifi
    Game Version: 22.0
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, EQ
    Description of Issue: So since i updated the game the lag has been turned to a level above 10 I'm having unresponsive controls like my specials not activating when I tap it and my character doesn't dash back when i try to do so... Secondly frame rate drop has been horrible during fights when I'm fighting i get parried mid combo and when I'm baiting heavy i don't even see the charge of the heavy i just see my champ getting pummelled after, also I have noticed that steadily (every fight) at the activation of specials both mine and the enemy the game lags immensely before picking up so if I'm just close enough that the only way to avoid it is a true dex I'm definitely getting hit cos thr dex fails to register because the swipe back command doesn't work in line with thr game as a result of lag.
    This becomes a big issue in AQ and AW because now its not just hurting me its hurting people relying on my competence as well my last two wars have been terrible because of this issue. And its starting to hurt my confidence in taking fights.
  • Sphinx06Sphinx06 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Sphinx06
    Device and Model: (iPhone Xs)
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 12.1.4)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi primarily
    Game Version Installed: 22.0 version.
    Game Mode: Arena, Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: Game is freezing after game round is won and then completely closing out to make me log back in and then the fight that I won is listed as lost.
  • In-game name: SpookyKonan~1
    Device and Model: (iPhone 6s+)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi primarily
    Game Version Installed: 22.0 version.
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: Game is freezing up during Arena while trying to pick champs and while in the middle of the fight.
  • Schrapnel13Schrapnel13 Posts: 8
    In game name: Schrapnel13
    Device: iPhone XS Max
    Game version: 22.0
    Game mode: war
    Description of issue: this game is lagging and becoming unresponsive. During war against iceman, stark spidey froze and wouldn’t block, parry or dash back. Same results with blade and ghost rider. Not to mention specials won’t work. Just tapping away until I’m destroyed again. Thanks for letting me waste resources and possibly lose the war. How are we supposed to stay competitive? But hey, why should you care? That just means some people have to spend money to replace said resources, right? Way to take a fun game and destroy it.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    In game : mbizz
    Device : IPhone 6
    WIFI
    Version 22
    Game modes : AW, AQ, Arena, Questing

AW : Game crashes when loading into a fight, losing attack bonus and half my health. Happened twice with CapIW, once with Sym Supreme.
    AQ : game crashes when loading into a fight, happened witness sym supreme.
    Arena : Game crashing when loading into fights when using specific champions or against specific champions. Darkhawk, aegon, sym supreme, champion.
    Questing : This just happened now, and was my 5th game crash today. Mid fight, act 6.1.2 vs nebula (arc overload) using sym supreme. Started getting massive lag spikes and the game crashed.

All of this started and has been happening ever since the darkhawk EQ event. Since the newest EQ, phone has started overheating again (hasn’t happened since the “overheating” fiasco) and the game has been crashing more frequently.
  • Chumley77Chumley77 Posts: 22
    Crashes are getting out of control on iPhone 6. Most current Apple update. Didn’t mind it when it was just event quest, crash recovery always picked it up. Now it’s happening in war, aq and arena all of which penalize for crashing. Fix this circus already
  • MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    edited March 2019
    In-Game Name: MegaGalactic
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System:
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: Have played for one year and never before come across this bug; the game suddenly started going in slowmotion. Had a fight between Archangel and Deadpool X and they were moving in slowmotion. Super weird.
    Restarted the app, then it was normal again.
  • BabafrigoBabafrigo Posts: 44
    In game : babafrigo
    Device : IPhone 6s Plus
    WIFI
    Version 22
    Game modes : Mostly Questing

Game freezing when loading into fights when using specific champions or against specific champions. Darkhawk, aegon, sym supreme, champion and saberttooh.
    This just happened with act 6.1.1 Boss Saberttooth ( I also have video capture)

Overheating and the game has been freezing more frequently.
  • __QB2018____QB2018__ Posts: 14
    In Game. Queen Boudicca
    Device. Ipad Pro ios 12.1.4
    Wifi connection, super fast infinity broadband.
    Version 22.0

In AW / Quests/ Dungeons

Champs freeze whilst mid combo, but game sounds continue in the background as if the fight is still playing out
    champs do not block even though block is pressed before opponent hits.
    Champs move forwards or backwards randomly mid combo

I am getting tired of this, it’s happening every time I start a fight.
    AW has been a nightmare, teammates depending on you taking out a node which should be well within your champs capabilities and you loose.
  • BongVonDoomBongVonDoom Posts: 5
    In game : Dark Lørd Døøm
    Device : IPhone 7 Plus
    WIFI/cellular
    Version 22
    Game modes : Cannot log on

I’ve tried restarting the phone and app and it doesn’t let me in. I even reinstalled the app to no avail. It says I need to be on WiFi and my wifi is fine. “Cannot connect to network. Please try again” over and over!!
  • In game : xMaster William
    Device : IPhone 6s Plus
    WIFI/cellular
    Version 22
    Game modes : Questing (RoL) & Arena

In Arena Gladiator Hulk’s Face me, does not activate when making any contact with Electro
    And She Hulk’s (as I’m about to make my first legends run) slow does not proct/activate when use my heavy
    I have videos for both to confirm
  • Chaos_Kear01Chaos_Kear01 Posts: 4
    edited March 2019
    In arena code is showing up on screen. I have a screenshot but don’t know how to post it here
  • Jvdb2003Jvdb2003 Posts: 35
    In-Game Name: jvdb2003
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Game Mode: Story, event quest, alliance quest, alliance war
    Description of the Issue: heavies and parries do not register properly. While using quake about 10% of the times I pressed the screen for a heavy attack it didn’t register, or sometimes when I dash attack the game detects it as a heavy. When i parried a medusa with archangel, the game didn’t register it as a parry, even though I had the exaxt same timing as I usually have. I talked about this with some other iPhone users and they are experiencing the same issues. Please fix this and without turning the phone into a heater this time, thank you.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    edited March 2019
    In-Game Name: Smikes83
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: most current
    Game Mode: All

When I finally get into the game after 5 minutes of loading, hit 3-5 fights in AQ then 1-3 in war (in game about 25 minutes) my battery will go from 100% down to 10%. So basically if I want to run a line in UC event I have to fully charge my phone, fight, then charge again to run another line.

Once my phone drops below 20% the game will freeze for a few seconds and when it unfreezes I’m getting wrecked by the opponent. Happens mid combo usually but after the freeze ends my health will drop as if the opponent got off two 5 hit combos.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    In-Game Name: Chovner
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: 12.1.4
    Game Mode: All

The game stutters and lags alot in between loading screens and even in game at times. Opening crystals takes forever as the game freezes and frame rate drops to a crawl as I wait for the crystals menus to slowly load, and then allow me to do anything. When I open crystals, it takes several seconds to show which champ or reward I even got. In fights, the screen will often start to drop frame rates and input controls don't register, and the game sometimes just stops. Trying to grind arena is a painful game of waiting at load screens between fights, and waiting for champs to register when I press Help. Then sometimes the help option doesn't how up for several rounds, then I'll have 30 champs to click help all at once (one at a time)with more waiting and lag.

My phone has about 9 Gbs of free space, and I've gotten into the habit of closing all apps before playing because I'm desperate to increase performance by any means.

It's just been a disappointingly slow, laggy experience overall.
  • becokastbecokast Posts: 38
    In-Game Name: becokast
    Device and Model: Apple iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: 12.2
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: the 22.0
    Game Mode: AQ, Event Quests, Arena, Crystal Stash
    Description of the Issue:
    There is very long loading period/screen between before and after fights on the Event Quests and AQ.

There is huge lag when I switch to my crystal stash. I notice that I cannot scroll down through my save crystals till my avatar picture is loaded to my little profile overview in the top center of the game screen, I have tested with the regular avatar (best champ) and with customized avatars, same behaviour.

When I try to open some crystals, also the crystal rotation is lagging very much and if I open them directly the I often don't see the avatar of the champ which I got, only the frame and the amount of ISO (if it is a duplicate). If a wait a while the avatar appears finaly. From my point of view it is the same amount of time that I have to wait till my own avatar is loaded (see paragraph above)
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    All game modes. Lags whenever the AI moves at all. Dropped inputs all over the place, most notably the first medium after a parry, and any attempt to block or evade a dash attack.
    iOS 12.2
    iPhone 8
    WiFi only
    22.0 update
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it never gets better.

This on top of all the other issues is it for me. I look forward to ignoring your “Here’s a free 5* gem if you play again” email in 9 months.
  • 5minmajor5minmajor Posts: 33
    Any new info with all the game bugs? Do your jobs please, or at least let us know you won’t be fixing anything. Either way
  • BlonzeeBlonzee Posts: 39
    Blonzeeblaz
    Iphone7
    IOS 12.1
    Cellular
    Arena, Event quest
    Game slows down and pauses then crashes.. Have to start again.

This discussion has been closed.