**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Game Format: Alliance Wars Brackets

2»

Comments

• Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    This is such a great idea even if it's from code. As long as the rewards are really good then it will actually encourage the top alliances to fight each other and create much more of a competitive aspect to something that has become really dull.

War should be the best part of the game. It gives 5* shards but is boring and predictable. It's always all mystics with MD and Magik as boss at my level. ALWAYS. It'd be great to have some variety and be able to strategize each week with a different variable. Damnit I'm salivating at the potential fun and competitiveness here.
  • AndroggsAndroggs Posts: 107
    Androggs wrote: »
    I like the idea. Are saying tourney for all tiers as well. Think it would be fair across all of mcoc. Rewards could be different for what tier your alliance is in.

Not sure how far Kabam would want to reward. But I think top 192 teams should be enough. Basically 3 brackets of 64.

Seems fair enough
  • ÉOTERRORÉOTERROR Posts: 6
    Agreed!! Good idea Verus
    I believe Kabam is seeing this and can give us hope ... The current system is so boring and not worth it ...
    High costs for s*** prizes.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    This is a great idea! The only problem I have with it is our alliance isn't in the top 150, but I'd love a chance to play in it! Could it be done with one tournament per tier? We're 6.7 mil in tier 4, just got ousted from tier 3. Would be fun to have a chance to play in it. However, even if we don't I'd still support it. Great concept!
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited August 2017
    Hello everyone,

Wanted to throw this idea out there to see how the community feels about this idea.

Recently due to the repetitiveness of this game, lack of rewards, etc. we see veteran players stop trying to remain competitive. All in all, this game has gone stale.

The following suggestion I believe would motivate veterans to play competitively again.

Let's hold a playoff system every 2 weeks starting with a bracket of 64 teams. So this is how we do it, take the top ranked 64 teams from alliance war ratings out of the pool. Match them up 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63, etc. Once eliminated you go back into the original pool for normal match making.

So for the first week of this event you will have 64 teams, days 1 & 2, one day for defense and one day for offense. 32 teams, days 3 & 4, teams who lost go back to normal matchmaking. 16 teams, days 5 & 6, teams who lost go back to normal matching.

For week two you have the 8 teams for the Quarter Finals, days 1 & 2. Semi Finals, 4 teams for day 3 & 4. Finals, 2 teams for day 5 & 6. Champion will be crowned by end of day 6.

This proposal can be streamlined with the way Alliance Wars is setup now. The teams out of the top 64 would just continue life as normal while those who are ranked top 64 will be placed in a bracket until they suffer a defeat.

Would also be nice to reward those alliances who achieve a spot in this bracket. Better prizes are needed so that forfeiting would be discouraged. Alliance wars are expensive, especially when you have evenly matched teams, so we need much better rewards to justify the costs. At least double the prizes for round of 64 and increase it accordingly as alliances to push forward.

Hopefully I didn't confuse everyone :)

Thoughts?

There is a lot I agree here, but the major issue is why 64? Why not 128? Why not 1024? IMHO I would mod your idea this way:
    * all active alliances that fought a very minimum of wars in a period would be involved, this would require multiple stages, each grouping multiple brackets, where in all but final stage many would advance to next stage. For instance let's say final stage would be 16 alliances, it would be top 8 on standard AW leaderboard plus 8 from previous stage
    * each IGN could play for only one alliance in the event
    * 1h war duration
    * final stage wars would be f2f (this is where the trouble could arise with teams of 10) and have live streams
    * final stage wars would happen with equal game state for all, i.e. same rosters for all participants, same set of items to use

Due to how big this would be, plus the complexity of running the final stage, this would run once per year.
  • XxkyxX100XxkyxX100 Posts: 2
    Getting better wars is so simple just lower the damn costs of revives & pots...some of the ideas sounds great like certain classes & 5-10 items instead of 15..but at the end of the day only the rich alliances will be able to sustain the costs..lower the item costs & skill will be needed to win plus every alliance won't mind giving it 100% effort..there is nothing worse then spending 1-2k units on damn wars & losing.thats why alliances facing other stronger alliances forfeit the fight & spend nothing..LOW COST = fun & happy players..this is every week aq & aw cut the costs.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    Clearly much thought has gone into this proposal, so kudos for the time and effort. However, if this were pitched in a kabam mgmt meeting, the first, last and only important question they'd ask is, how does this drive new revenue? New content, characters, trinkets, movie tie-ins, alt costumes, special fightin' tricks, all add new users and increased unit spending. Find a unit angle in this and you're golden!
  • I'm all for mixing up aw, good idea
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    Im tottaly down for his idea its solid and would give something else to look forward to
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    AW brackets/rewards do need a change up but I'm not a fan of this system. It's too geared towards the tip-top alliances where we all know the final 2 will always be MMX vs ISOA with little variation. If there was a way for people to view the wars as they go on then it would be cool to watch that, but afaik nothing like that has been even hinted at. People could care less who wins or loses at the top and it would be a waste for Kabam to spend their time making a change to AW for this.

Instead, scale rewards so that the #1 spot and so forth will win more rewards than the #150 spot. Make brackets within Tier 1(and all other tiers) to make it feel actually meaningful to win wars and push as high as you can. Maybe once every 2 weeks, issue out a "bonus" to brackets of alliance rank 1, rank 2-5, 6-10, 11-25, 26-50 and so forth where everyone gets bonus shards depending where their alliance ranks on a pre-determined day. That way, an alliance will know they have to push hard and win the last few wars to be placed in a higher bracket for the bonus. Would make for some dramatic and competitive wars down the stretch.
  • VerusRexAcesVerusRexAces Posts: 34
    edited August 2017
    Kindly disagree with the post above,

Be quite interesting to see a 2-week tourney doing some crazy theme like Mutant only.

One of the biggest selling points of this is to keep the challenge fresh and different for the teams that are active in bracket.

As soon as you are defeated you go back to the normal pool for normal matchmaking.
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    The only problem is 64 team. The top 200 alliances have not been moved for a long time and we all know the top alliances will stay there. There would need to be a way to move around alliances inside the veteran bracket.
  • Namo10Namo10 Posts: 28
    Call it the Champions League! Put a trophy at the end and watch everyone fight to death! Would be awesome...
  • XxkyxX100XxkyxX100 Posts: 2
    There is so much mix up that kabam could do each aw.. imagine being able to place 10 defenders instead of 5 one week but attack can only still take 3..another week instead of 1 boss & 3 mini have 3 bosses & 6 mini..all this mix up will get alliances thinking planing sweating preparing for some exciting wars..just throwing some ideas out there..
  • GOATGOAT Posts: 4
    edited August 2017
    I agree something needs to be done to AW... a tournament would be a fresh and exciting prospect.

For us to really go all out every war, kabam needs to rethink the current model. They clearly dont understand the cost of top alliances battling week in and week out. It takes a lot of money for one war, imagine 3X every week?

Potions/revives, 15 item cap, and use of champ boosts all needs to be re-evaluated if kabam wants to take aw to a place where it needs to be. For our and their sake.

Maybe a aw specific revive/ potion that is a fraction of current cost?

Need to try to bring the competition down to roster and skill. Thats when it will truly be a great game mode for all involved.

- I ARE THE GOAT
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Agreed whatever they're saying ;)
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    seems interesting and vastly unfair to only have x numver teams allowed to participate. the only fair way to do this would be to hold it for every tier and let every alliance decide if they want to participate or not. there would also need to be an item restriction during the cpurse of the event. that restriction would need to be 0 as not everyone has the resources to keep a health stash.

• Kabam Miiiiike, seen this thread?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I'm not one to promote Threads I've made. Feel free to comment on this one. Just wanted to share that I had a similar idea.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/12124/new-war-structure-template#latest

I like that people are discussing a revamp. I think it would be good to freshen things up.
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    @VerusRexAces love this idea.

I agree that you would need to expand it would to a few different tiers (maybe 3?) of 64. That would pose some challenges with creating accurate rewards but seems worth the trouble. I also think participants should get a title depending on what tier they are in with the winner of tier 1 getting a unique title.
  • VerusRexAcesVerusRexAces Posts: 34
    edited August 2017
    At this point, I don't think Kabam cares about this game. Especially with this new "exciting" announcement of 6*. You know this is a slap in the face to your veteran players? Do you even ask your player base for feedback before introducing something?

Newsflash, you want to make more money. Keeping the spenders happy, the free players happy, and have new players come in.

6* accomplishes none of that. Spenders are pissed because they spent on 5* and 4* and the value is now ****. Free players are not happy because 4* and 5* already hard enough to obtain, can't imagine what it would take to get a 6*. New players, all who want to play against computer ai fighting game with a marvel theme are already here.

If you want to get more people and your veterans to play you need to give us more gaming content.

For instance, base wars "coming soon".... been almost 2 and a half years and counting..... real time player versus player ???? More players will come for this and this game can become e-sport potential. Can you imagine tournments held worldwide and the advertising money that can be made????
  • We need new gaming formats. Base wars, real time pvp, etc. brand new diverse content.