Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

So I Pulled Him....

So I opened up a five star crystal and I got the Champion from it and I’m wondering if he’s worth ranking up or if he’s needed his signature ability to be worth it.

Comments

• Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Auce said:

umm who did you get?

He got The Champion as in

• Options
    WarriorDog06WarriorDog06 Posts: 49

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    To be honest, I haven't used him much at all. I have the 4*, and I posted a Thread asking for advice. Still not familiar with his strengths yet.
  • Options
    Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    edited March 2019
    He's pretty sweet. If you have a solid ranked Luke Cage, use them together, The Champion goes unstoppable with every light and medium hit. No dupe needed to be useful, he benefits from it of course but not essential. R3 worthy no dupe but maybe hold off on R4 unless you really like him or have an overflow of T2a... just my opinion
  • Options
    WarriorDog06WarriorDog06 Posts: 49
    I have a rank five four star Luke cage so
  • Options
    LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    I wish they just called him Tryco.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Pulled him as my first 6* a couple weeks back...his sp2 can hit hard when timed with his fury buffs...my 6* did over 30k with his sp2 at 5 fury and he has a pretty beefy health...has below average regen ability and crit stats..certainly not the best pull and I wouldn't recommend taking him past r2(or r3) unduped..duped he can be a decent defender if he catches someone off guard but if someone has a stagger or a nullifying champ then he is not that tough to deal with
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Auce said:

umm who did you get?

Hulk Hogan
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    He definitely needs the dupe.

Clearly everyone here who doesn't think so either doesn't have him or played him. I have him at 4/55 and he's mainly a great final boss in AW. Not very useful attack wise.

Then again, if your in the early game, he could definitely help clear some stuff, but he really does need the dupe.
  • Options
    humberto20043humberto20043 Posts: 28

Pulled him as my first 6* a couple weeks back...his sp2 can hit hard when timed with his fury buffs...my 6* did over 30k with his sp2 at 5 fury and he has a pretty beefy health...has below average regen ability and crit stats..certainly not the best pull and I wouldn't recommend taking him past r2(or r3) unduped..duped he can be a decent defender if he catches someone off guard but if someone has a stagger or a nullifying champ then he is not that tough to deal with

30k on a sp2. Hah my 4* ghost does double that.
    But i dont have "The Champion"
  • Options
    imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★

I wish they just called him Tryco.

Maybe, but they didn't call any of the Elders by their real name. That would be like saying instead of The Grandmaster, they called him En Dwi Gas, or instead of The Collector, they called him Taneleer Tivan. His name in the comics is The Champion of the Universe, but his alter ego is Tryco Slatterus.

Come to think of it, I think Carina is the only character not using a code name in the game besides Jessica Jones (and she's not playable) and Luke Cage (although his real name is Carl Lucas).
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    He is good against the "top" champs of the contest. (12 champs, 2 per class)
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

He's pretty sweet. If you have a solid ranked Luke Cage, use them together, The Champion goes unstoppable with every light and medium hit. No dupe needed to be useful, he benefits from it of course but not essential. R3 worthy no dupe but maybe hold off on R4 unless you really like him or have an overflow of T2a... just my opinion

Overflow of T2A...if only. 😂
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    1. He is a great AW boss, for now. Symbiote Supreme totally wrecks him so his days may be numbered.
    2. His prestige is very high, with aq being a focus for most now its helpful
    3. He's mediocre on offense, but landing a sp 2 with 5 furies can do major damage
    4. Also a good quest boss killer, as he regens on offense as well. I've solo'd the sentinel in 6.1.6 a few times.

Source