Options

Gladiator Hulk doesnt trigger Face me against Degen [Under Investigation]

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tyger87Tyger87 Posts: 93
    You are absolutely wrong. Buffs are defined as active or passive. Otherwise this description in GHulk would be meaningless:

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,806 ★★★★★
    It wouldn't be any meaningless. It just says "Passive damage over time".
    You can see, nowhere in that description it says "Passive debuff". This is because absolutely no debuff triggers Face Me, due to being an active ability and not a passive ability.

Limbo - Passive ability, that heals and causes damage to the opponent.
    Aura of incineration - Passive ability, that fills the power bar and causes damage to the opponent.
    And so on for the rest. None of the abilities that triggers Face Me are debuffs. Otherwise it would just be a bug
  • Options
    By your own words, if we go purely off what it says in the Face Me description "under the effect of Passive damage over time," we open up a much larger can of worms. Nowhere in that description does is say anything about nodes/buffs/debuffs etc. This should, by it's own wording, encompass ALL passive DOT.

The point is there are wild inconsistencies with what does and does not trigger face me. What the text says says is one thing, but the developers clearly had something else in mind. I am seeking a better explanation as to what that is so it can be shared with the community so players can choose champs appropriate to the task they are trying to complete.

And to you will-o, you are wrong again. The buffs, (Kabam's words, not mine), the BUFFS in act six trigger Face Me on maps 6.1.1 through 6.1.3.
  • Options
    Sorry, but you really are the wrong here.

Buffs don't trigger Face Me ability. None. Absolutely none.
    And yes, any passive DoT ability triggers Face Me. Apart from the exceptions (that again, I already mentioned) that are not considered passive DoT, but instead you just take damage. Like Flare, life transfer, etc. These belong to a third category that were already explained to you, even with a MOD's response confirming it.
    These exceptions exist because it gives you an advantage while penalizing you at the same time.They are meant to change your playstyle a little bit. And due to balance reasons, some of them are passive DoT abilities, while other's just deal damage.
    While I agree that there is no clear distinction between them (MOD's already commented about doing it in the future), I can still say that there is no bug here, and it's working as intended
  • Options
    From the act 6 announcement:

Having played Act six, I can absolutely tell you Face me works on some of these. They are BUFFS. How can you deny that?
  • Options
    They are not buffs.
    That was just a word used instead of "nodes".
    If you are someone that is already in act 6, you should very well know that nodes are not buffs.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    So you agree with me! The wording and explanations given are not satisfactory to what does and does not trigger Face Me. This is what I am trying to say! I would like Kabam to please clarify how Face Me works. I don't need an in game update of text, a full explanation in the forum would suffice.

And as far as nodes vs buffs, why do some trigger and some don't? My point remains, Kabam please explain how Face Me truly works.
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★

You can see, nowhere in that description it says "Passive debuff". This is because absolutely no debuff triggers Face Me, due to being an active ability and not a passive ability.

Aura of incineration - Passive ability, that fills the power bar and causes damage to the opponent.
    And so on for the rest. None of the abilities that triggers Face Me are debuffs. Otherwise it would just be a bug

Then why does Ghulk counter emp modification?
  • Options
    Tyger87 said:

From the act 6 announcement:

Having played Act six, I can absolutely tell you Face me works on some of these. They are BUFFS. How can you deny that?

Which ones? I was sure he'd counter no retreat but does not
  • Options

It's passive shock, not a shock debuff. So it should and does work with Ghulk ability
  • Options

It's passive shock, not a shock debuff. So it should and does work with Ghulk ability
    Ah thank you
  • Options

Theoretically, Even AA’s Nero’s should technically trigger Face Me, if it weren’t for the fact that Nero’s Heal Block as well.

Yes, they should. But first you would need to apply a poison debuff, which Ghulk is immune to