**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

1161718192022»

Comments

• It pisses me off to no end that I have the skill to breeze through ROL and I can't get trough 1 path of 5.2.4. Let alone 5.2.5 and 5.2.6... this pay win is bull ****. Those nodes are ridiculous to say the least
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Tech_nique wrote: »
    It pisses me off to no end that I have the skill to breeze through ROL and I can't get trough 1 path of 5.2.4. Let alone 5.2.5 and 5.2.6... this pay win is bull ****. Those nodes are ridiculous to say the least

ROL requires no skill.....
  • I don't believe I asked your opinion Daniel. ROL does take skill or everyone would have it finished by level 40. Act 5 is a pure money grab is what I have an issue with.
    I don't believe I asked your opinion Daniel. ROL does take skill or everyone would have it finished by level 40. Act 5 is a pure money grab is what I have an issue with.

What skill is needed in ROL? there are no nodes, no sp3. If you aren't good enough or are trying to do act 5 with 3 stars or something, ya it's going to be too difficult.
  • ItsMeRavenItsMeRaven Posts: 43
    It seems to me that the only good rewards are just crystal shards I mean u can't really do much with the other rewards cause so I guess having stacks of revives will be a major thing in act 5 chapter 4 u haven't even mentioned anything about chapter 3
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 320 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Bane node has to be the most "Fun and Interactive" node ever right guys come on what could be more fun than a node that forces you to play a game in a way that makes you feel like you are just plain bad at said game because it forces you to play different than you are comfortable with. Please guys tell me what could be more fun I can't think of anything that would be more fun than something that robs player agency in order to boast challenge and make a profit play.

Note this is all in sarcasm and to say the whole Bane node in its entirety is a horrible design that forces you to play aggressive and to watch the little circle around the icon and make sure you aren't going to be on the receiving end of the effect for too long. So if you prefer the more passive play style well forget that you don't get much choice either adapt and get gud or grind for units or buy them to throw items at what is the least rewarding story chapter yet given the difficulty.
    Bane node has to be the most "Fun and Interactive" node ever right guys come on what could be more fun than a node that forces you to play a game in a way that makes you feel like you are just plain bad at said game because it forces you to play different than you are comfortable with. Please guys tell me what could be more fun I can't think of anything that would be more fun than something that robs player agency in order to boast challenge and make a profit play.

Note this is all in sarcasm and to say the whole Bane node in its entirety is a horrible design that forces you to play aggressive and to watch the little circle around the icon and make sure you aren't going to be on the receiving end of the effect for too long. So if you prefer the more passive play style well forget that you don't get much choice either adapt and get gud or grind for units or buy them to throw items at what is the least rewarding story chapter yet given the difficulty.

Forcing you to play differently is a good thing no? won't it make you better at the game?
    Forcing you to play differently is a good thing no? won't it make you better at the game?[/quote]

No it's really not because forcing players to have to engage in a different play style than say a style they may have already mastered removes player agency from the game thus removing players freedom to choose how they play the game and ultimately will push players away rather than pull them in. Creating harder and harder content and constantly pushing the skill requirements and in some cases blatantly removing the effectiveness of ones skill entirely "the collector" is not what should happen to try and keep players engaged.

Also at a certain point most games allow a player to feel a sense of mastery but so long as nodes keep being fashioned to change the way players need to fight them their can never be a true sense of game mastery especially when some nodes are exclusive to some content and become a one and done experience like Bane once you are done with 5.2 likely will not see it much anywhere else not that that would be a horrible thing as the node kind of sucks anyways. Also I think if a player is skilled enough they should be able to beat content without throwing items at it like LOL for instance where it is blatantly designed to inevitably force item use no matter the skill of the player the only difference is how much item use is required per player.

So yeah sure you can get a sense of increased skill but they keep changing how you need to play thus removing the possibility of real game mastery. Sure some can say well if you could truly master the game and never need items then the content is no longer going to challenge you to which I say Okay than the game becomes a hobby and fun to just play unless you are the super elitist type that needs a challenge in everything that could push your stress levels to new highs than I don't have an argument for you because then the level of content you require would not be bearable for probably 99% of players
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    I thought the rank up gem is pretty good. Its equivalent to 5 T4B and 3 T4C. Hopefully there is more to come in terms of rewards from beating The Collector.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    edited July 2017
    Hey you dunbasses why does the timer keeps running during fights when the game is paused??

Cause if you pause and the game hang.
    You will like the node to be occupied forever without timeout??

• Way too hard, units consuming
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It pisses me off to no end that I have the skill to breeze through ROL and I can't get trough 1 path of 5.2.4. Let alone 5.2.5 and 5.2.6... this pay win is bull ****. Those nodes are ridiculous to say the least

Sorry mate, you need rank 4 5 stars for this. I used an average of 2 revives per path. Learn to be patient.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    R5 4* can do it as well, don't need to be r4 5*. Collector will take revives, other paths may need some depending on skill/luck/roster. Just look ahead at the paths and plan who to bring. Check some online guides, as some paths have ambushes.
  • AILON12AILON12 Posts: 1
    I want the rewards so badly. We better win this vote
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    I have 5.2 done 100%. I used a team of my 1 4/55 champ (undupped gilly) and 4 5/50 champs. I had r5 vision but the colector still was very hard. Only quest i had to pour revives into was 5.2.6 and that was only for the collector.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I'd like to shift the tone a bit because I think things have only been getting better in this game.
    All of the changes Kabam have been doing the past few months have been great. C'mon, look at this month's calendar plus all of the t4cc opportunities! Understandable that people who aren't as advanced in the game are upset about the 5.2 rewards but they'll always be there, you can always get the rewards just at a later date. You need to grind which is a key part of this game and a bunch others. You get what you put in for the most part. Complaining about not getting rewards for not completing 5.2 is like complaining you don't have a 400k roster. How else can you get there by not playing the game? When I beat 5.2 I was barely 200k rating, used a single 5/50 (rest were 4/40) and had to use all of my stashed revives (20% revives are free by the way if you grind as per the above). I'm probably going to get a bunch of **** for it but.....the truth hurts.
    Greywarden wrote: »
    I'd like to shift the tone a bit because I think things have only been getting better in this game.
    All of the changes Kabam have been doing the past few months have been great. C'mon, look at this month's calendar plus all of the t4cc opportunities! Understandable that people who aren't as advanced in the game are upset about the 5.2 rewards but they'll always be there, you can always get the rewards just at a later date. You need to grind which is a key part of this game and a bunch others. You get what you put in for the most part. Complaining about not getting rewards for not completing 5.2 is like complaining you don't have a 400k roster. How else can you get there by not playing the game? When I beat 5.2 I was barely 200k rating, used a single 5/50 (rest were 4/40) and had to use all of my stashed revives (20% revives are free by the way if you grind as per the above). I'm probably going to get a bunch of **** for it but.....the truth hurts.

I'm sorry but here is the fact no boss has ever been so hard in a story quest that it took so many revives before with the right skills. From everything I have seen just about everything about the collector turns the BS factor up to 11 and is designed to force item use and or spending (for items). Until the developers can show me in one clean unaltered video a chosen champ, and mastery setup that it is possible to one shot the collector aka 1 champ, 0 revives, I will call this what it was designed to be a MONEY GRAB. I would like to add that most of the videos with really good players who have done 1 or multiple paths in LOL that I have seen take on the collector have had to use some revives even though they could solo some of the LOL bosses. So yeah this fight skill be thrown out the foresaken window.

I'm sorry but here is the fact no boss has ever been so hard in a story quest that it took so many revives before with the right skills. From everything I have seen just about everything about the collector turns the BS factor up to 11 and is designed to force item use and or spending (for items). Until the developers can show me in one clean unaltered video a chosen champ, and mastery setup that it is possible to one shot the collector aka 1 champ, 0 revives, I will call this what it was designed to be a MONEY GRAB. I would like to add that most of the videos with really good players who have done 1 or multiple paths in LOL that I have seen take on the collector have had to use some revives even though they could solo some of the LOL bosses. So yeah this fight skill be thrown out the foresaken window.

Do you think the bosses should get easier with each passing story quest? Obviously 5.2 boss is harder then 5.1 or ch 4 or ch 3.....is it really THAT big of a deal that you have to use a few of the free revives we get daily? There are several fights in LOL that are also impossible to 1 shot, and that's also ok.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Act 5.2 was hard but ok. I really disliked the rewards. It felt like a bad joke to collect such rewards designed for 4 stars when 5 stars should be the focus of the whole Act.
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    The rewards were kinda depressing. Was hoping for at least some T2 Alpha frags. They don't match the difficulty of the content. Kabam missed the mark a bit on that. But overall I felt the nodes followed the same path as they did in 5.1. Unique, fun at times, as well as made you rethink and take a different approach to fighting. For sure more champ specific on some paths. Chapter three should be rolling around soon.

My one complaint....WHY IS DEXTERITY STILL TREATED AS A BUFF!? Just throughout the game in general, makes zero since what so ever.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

First, use more periods please. Hard to read and/or skim as is. Second, I don't understand why people think everything should be easy or even doable. This is endgame level content much like the challenges, Road, and approaching LOL and is not designed for everyone to beat right away. Many players get bored with the monthly events BECAUSE they do not pose a challenge most of the time and we rejoice when a web-slinger or equivalent is released. I used a good amount of stock items to explore 5.2, but did not have to spend units (except energy refills) to do this. Collector is a hard fight, and I'm entirely ok with there being fights that require items or maps that require me to get out of my fighting comfort zone.

Not all content should be made for beginners or mid-level players, some of us enjoy the challenge.
  • GaynishGaynish Posts: 1
    April fools came 2 months late

• Stan Lees the final boss of Act 5 right?
    @Kabam Miike
    Also, all the rewards from LOL, act 5.2 seem really devaluated compared to what we have to pay for them.
    My suggestion is that you retroactively award a 5* generic awakening gems to the people that 100% 5.2. Two 5* generic awakening gems to the people that 100% LOL, and finally two 5* awakening stones(the random ones) to the people that finished one run at 5.2.

Just a suggestion.

2 5 star AG for one run of 5.2 is insanity......
  • I think you guys should give everyone free gems because you're keeping us from playing the because y'all keep having so much trouble with this game its inconvenient. Every over game I've ever played gave the players free stuff because they were having trouble with they're site.

Thanks,
    Yours Truely DisNuts850
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Now all you have to do is add adam warlock and have him kick the grandmasters butt
  • MusiMusi Posts: 1
    My friend says they don't take damage in act 5 chapter 2 (punching damage) is that true