**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Off season - losing aw on purpose

Its 3rd war in row, where we got aw with no defence, or not fully placed defence. There Are plenty of alliances losing on purpose. This Is really boring, i was looking forward to some training And this Is what se got 3rd!!!!! Time in a row

Comments

• DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    There are 2 ways to fix that, one is to make seasons run back to back with no off-season, and second is to make war not avaiable to play during break between seasons
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    We don't war at all in off season. What's the point really. Need that break truly. In off season you can concentrate on story questing, AQ, monthly quests. Lots to be done in the game. And almighty arenas. 🙃
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I wish I was facing these guys
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Don't worry. The way AW is trending, this won't be limited to offseason wars.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

There are 2 ways to fix that, one is to make seasons run back to back with no off-season, and second is to make war not avaiable to play during break between seasons

Option 2 please
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    edited April 2019
    Most upper alliance run a shell and tank during the season. Plus we need the break between season most don’t place just for a break and chance to work on other content
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Even losing a war, with no war rating loss, means free shards for no work. Freezing war rating won't work.
  • AegorAegor Posts: 14
    There May be solution - Match alliances not with war rating, but with some combination of war rating And rating of their Champions (like boss, And all nodes combined)
    This Will result matching those alliances WHO dont want to fight with weak ones, which May reduce the fall in rating
    I quess this May work
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Aegor said:

Its 3rd war in row, where we got aw with no defence, or not fully placed defence. There Are plenty of alliances losing on purpose. This Is really boring, i was looking forward to some training And this Is what se got 3rd!!!!! Time in a row

So.. there's probably a reason alliances are doing this.. you might want to investigate and find out why.. it might be beneficial for your alliance to be doing the same..
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Aegor said:

There May be solution - Match alliances not with war rating, but with some combination of war rating And rating of their Champions (like boss, And all nodes combined)
    This Will result matching those alliances WHO dont want to fight with weak ones, which May reduce the fall in rating
    I quess this May work

sell champs if its based off summoner rating.

place mediocre champs if its based off defense, and know you'll 100% clear their weaker defense with your good attackers.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Prestige is a solution. It's already used, and people aren't about to sell their Top Champs. Prestige in combination with War Rating. I suspected that's what they were employing with last Season. What's taking place in the Off, not sure. I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking they should just have a 2-week break altogether, boost the Win and Loss Rewards, and only run Seasons.

Aegor said:

So.. there's probably a reason alliances are doing this.. you might want to investigate and find out why.. it might be beneficial for your alliance to be doing the same..
    This is not a sound suggestion.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Or give an incentive to win aws in off season. A lot of alliances don’t care much about shards
    Drooped2 said:

Prestige is a solution. It's already used, and people aren't about to sell their Top Champs. Prestige in combination with War Rating. I suspected that's what they were employing with last Season. What's taking place in the Off, not sure. I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking they should just have a 2-week break altogether, boost the Win and Loss Rewards, and only run Seasons.

Or scrap seasons all toghethor as a failure and split the season rewards into war win rewards.

Has there been a season without some controversy about cheating yet?
    It's come far, and they deal with it enough. Seasons is a good competition. It's motivating. The problem stems from being able to manipulate it with Off.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    We now have alliances losing on purpose during the season to get top 50 rewards while giving bottom 50 effort.
  • @Aegor , you can’t use the strength of placed defenders in the calculation for determining war matchups. Matching is done BEFORE a team starts to place their defenders. So no way to know before matching if a team is gonna tank and just place 2* heroes, or actually place good defenders.

But yes, it probably already is based on combining some aspect of Hero strength in addition to War Rating. And think we can all agree it is NOT total Summoner Ratings (aka Alliance Rating) but probably some type of “prestige” type system (or at least it should be if it isn’t) using a calculation of your “best xx number of heroes”. But then again, with all the free heroes and rank up items that people can get (or easily buy) nowadays, way too many lower players have just as high of top heroes as do people who’ve played several years.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Maybe deduct War rating points for a win ?
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Its the off season. People want their best champs to clear all sorts of other content like Map 7, variant, Act 6. We face enough constraints on our top champs during the season with never ending AQ and AW cycles, the off-season is for many people the only window to seriously get content done. What basis does anyone have to demand that they continue to place their best champs in AW?
    Ultra8529 said:

Its the off season. People want their best champs to clear all sorts of other content like Map 7, variant, Act 6. We face enough constraints on our top champs during the season with never ending AQ and AW cycles, the off-season is for many people the only window to seriously get content done. What basis does anyone have to demand that they continue to place their best champs in AW?

Big difference between running your B Team and taking a dive to manipulate Matchmaking.
    "Taking a dive to manipulate matchmaking" is your imputation of their intentions. You cannot prove that that is their thinking simply by people not placing defenders, or not placing their A team defenders, or not taking their A team attackers into war.
    If they're running their B Team and playing honestly, to the best of their ability, that's not the same as not placing Defenders.
    Honestly, they need to just do away with Off-Season. People will look for any cheat they can and justify it with whatever plausible cause. It's like water looking for an opening.
    I'm not going to entertain the "what ifs". We all know what's up here.
    That kind of logic is extremely dangerous. As the one making an allegation of dishonesty and cheating against other players, it is incumbent on you to prove that they are indeed acting dishonestly and/or are cheating. You cannot simply say that there is a "possibility" that they are cheating and proceed to assert that as fact.
    You're implying it's some type of unfounded allegation, when it's been a rampant problem for pretty much the duration of Seasons. The solution may be precarious, but the behavior is anything but debatable. We're not talking about people running their second best. We're talking about people intentionally losing to lower their Rating. It's been admitted and observed all along, and it's very easy to spot. I'm addressing it for what it is. Exploiting the Matchmaking to gain an unfair advantage within Seasons. While there may be grey area with not running Top Teams, there is no question with Alliances not placing. I'm not making unfounded accusations. We're all aware of what is taking place. I'm not pretending otherwise.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    Won't tanking during the offseason make it really hard to rank high during the season? Don't you still drop or move up tiers during the offseason?